• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SG was embarrassingly bad tonight. But almost to a level of enjoyment.

The show is absolutely, 100% all in on the whole "girl-power" thing, yet still has a major damsel in distress plot point.

The president is a woman, and a male talking to a male says that if there were a God, "She would not have put us in this situation". I actually had to rewind it just to get a second laugh out of it.

Later in the episode, the sister talks Jon Jones into taking her into the city, against his protests that she would not be safe. The second they arrive, he is too weak to protect himself because he is telepathically protecting her and she IMEDIATELY offers to sacrifice herself so he can move on (if you are going to sac yourself that fast, why did you insist on coming?). Instead, he keeps her protected and is overpowered by former SG#2 (Vandervoort).

Again. If Benoist were not so OMG-hot, there would be absolutely zero reason to watch this show.

Good casting, CBS. Well done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, Gotham was an absolute HR tonight! Bravo!

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The show is absolutely, 100% all in on the whole "girl-power" thing, yet still has a major damsel in distress plot point.

The president is a woman, and a male talking to a male says that if there were a God, "She would not have put us in this situation". I actually had to rewind it just to get a second laugh out of it.

Later in the episode, the sister talks Jon Jones into taking her into the city, against his protests that she would not be safe. The second they arrive, he is too weak to protect himself because he is telepathically protecting her and she IMEDIATELY offers to sacrifice herself so he can move on (if you are going to sac yourself that fast, why did you insist on coming?). Instead, he keeps her protected and is overpowered by former SG#2 (Vandervoort).

Again. If Benoist were not so OMG-hot, there would be absolutely zero reason to watch this show.

She only looks hot when she is in that uniform. I feel bad for you, bro. That show is garbage.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I am forgetting one, the only CB movies this tear are DP, CW, BvS, X-Apocolypse, and SS. At this point, I would be shocked if BvS is NOT the worst of the year.

Think a Gambit movie as well, unless they pushed it back?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Wolverine is actually gonna be in the new XMen movie after all. Good thing, it would be kind of absurd to use that story line and have Wolverine as a no show

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I am forgetting one, the only CB movies this tear are DP, CW, BvS, X-Apocolypse, and SS. At this point, I would be shocked if BvS is NOT the worst of the year.

You forgot one...

doctor-strange-poster.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portman officially out of the Marvel universe. Buh Bye. Good riddens......

Tessa Thompson, of Creed and Dear White People fame, is joining Thor: Ragnarok in an unspecified role, though Deadline says she’s “kind of a superhero” and is expected to appear in other Marvel movies, and she’s also playing Thor’s love interest.

Valkyrie, an Asgardian warrior got cut from the roster for Thor: The Dark World, appears to be the rumored character she will be playing.

tessa-thompson-lands-lead-in-sylvester-stallones-rocky-spinoff2.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sneak peak for Captain America: Civil War:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctor Strange trailer from Marvel's official channel (it's the same trailer as the one two posts previous, but this video is from Marvel's official channel instead of third-party):

DOCTOR STRANGE!!!

I am more hyped for this film than any other this year, including CW and including BvS before it debuted.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, her being stupid enough to bitch her way into going when she knew what was going on was just stupid.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, Gotham was an absolute HR tonight! Bravo!

Holy shit that was dark.

Now I guess Penguin takes out Butch and the batshit crazy chick.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched BvS for the 2nd time, last night and it definitely gets better the 2nd time around. Idk, just felt it was much more enjoyable.