• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fair for people to draw lines in the sand in different spots.

For me, I am OK with Libertarians laissez faire take on the social issues, and much of their fiscal stands, but I do believe the government SHOULD step up in certain areas where the generic libertarian stand would disagree (defense and borders, for example).

For someone to have a political stand, they are not required to be extreme in any direction, or even consistent on all issues.

My bad. Q and I were longtime posters at our previous board. This is kinda' on ongoing pissing match (mostly in good fun) between us. I don't disagree. But Q is kind of an absolutist, except when it's HIS views. So I tend to poke that with a stick whenever possible.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a superhero be immune to trauma watching a video of his parents being murdered?

Quick side tangent (just needed to tag you lol):

Why wouldn't a place like DC accept fan fiction as samples of work?

Wouldn't they WANT to see how a candidate wrote with their characters? Does that make sense? Or am I off on my own island again?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Q and I were longtime posters at our previous board. This is kinda' on ongoing pissing match (mostly in good fun) between us. I don't disagree. But Q is kind of an absolutist, except when it's HIS views. So I tend to poke that with a stick whenever possible.

It is in good fun.

Poke away my friend.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the reason I like that Capt. America quote (from original civil war comic) is that I find it so freaking relatable.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick side tangent (just needed to tag you lol):

Why wouldn't a place like DC accept fan fiction as samples of work?

Wouldn't they WANT to see how a candidate wrote with their characters? Does that make sense? Or am I off on my own island again?

The slush piles would be 25 feet deep. Get yourself an agent. Submit to agent. Agent submits, slush piles only three feet deep.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slush piles would be 25 feet deep. Get yourself an agent. Submit to agent. Agent submits, slush piles only three feet deep.

I just noticed they were doing a free (by invite only) month long training program for writers.

This is more like my long term project right now, but one of the criteria was to submit sample publications....that did not have their characters in them.

I get why they do it for other things. But if you were getting a writer/artist on staff....wouldn't you want to see what they've done with some of your characters ahead of time?

I mean, they're getting 25 feet of slush either way in this current example I'm talking about.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed they were doing a free (by invite only) month long training program for writers.

This is more like my long term project right now, but one of the criteria was to submit sample publications....that did not have their characters in them.

I get why they do it for other things. But if you were getting a writer/artist on staff....wouldn't you want to see what they've done with some of your characters ahead of time?

I mean, they're getting 25 feet of slush either way in this current example I'm talking about.

It's just human nature Q. Look, if you had to hire lawyers based on reading through LITERAL stacks of briefs they'd written, and 90% weren't even written using proper terms and english, wouldn't you prefer someone to at least pre-vet them for you, weed out the people who can't spell?

Now as for the artist angle, I know absolutely zip about that. No freaking idea how they do it.

Given the plethora of material on how to become a writer that's out there, I'd imagine with a little googling and/or searching at your local library, you could find tons of stuff on how to properly get your artwork looked at.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just human nature Q. Look, if you had to hire lawyers based on reading through LITERAL stacks of briefs they'd written, and 90% weren't even written using proper terms and english, wouldn't you prefer someone to at least pre-vet them for you, weed out the people who can't spell?

Now as for the artist angle, I know absolutely zip about that. No freaking idea how they do it.

Given the plethora of material on how to become a writer that's out there, I'd imagine with a little googling and/or searching at your local library, you could find tons of stuff on how to properly get your artwork looked at.

Oh i"m not an artist...just saying. Similar concept. You could do great work for many other areas, but if your renderings of the actual characters you'd work with at this particular job suck....wouldn't it help to know that before assigning them?

Or is that maybe something you'd save and use on say an interview after you've been vetted the first time?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to avoid previews for movies I want to see... Unfortunately I saw the preview for X-men... Very excited for it... But I think I am upset that Quicksilver is x-men straight out from the start... would have liked to see him as a villain first... But I guess it is hard to do that when he became a fan favorite in days of future past...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to avoid previews for movies I want to see... Unfortunately I saw the preview for X-men... Very excited for it... But I think I am upset that Quicksilver is x-men straight out from the start... would have liked to see him as a villain first... But I guess it is hard to do that when he became a fan favorite in days of future past...

Mystique is a good guy so they can pretend Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress.

So why not mess with this as well?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mystique is a good guy so they can pretend Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress.

So why not mess with this as well?

Was mystique a good guy?? she started off close to Xavier, but she chose magneto's side(end of new class)... even in days of future past she did the dirty work...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i"m not an artist...just saying. Similar concept. You could do great work for many other areas, but if your renderings of the actual characters you'd work with at this particular job suck....wouldn't it help to know that before assigning them?

Or is that maybe something you'd save and use on say an interview after you've been vetted the first time?

Not sure what you mean by renderings of actual characters you'd work with.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was mystique a good guy?? she started off close to Xavier, but she chose magneto's side(end of new class)... even in days of future past she did the dirty work...

The previews certainly look like it.

Maybe it's just one heck of a red herring though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previews certainly look like it.

Maybe it's just one heck of a red herring though.

But it is not surprising that Magneto's side and Xavier's side would help stop Apocalypse...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what do you mean by 'rendering?'

I guess their unique take. Because everyone writes/draws them a bit differently.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick thought on Spiderman:
My one complaint is how young Aunt May is. I'm unsure how that will work out. Outside of the suit Holland seems like a truer version of spiderman and not a teen model or old ass Toby McGuire. Inside the suit he is the best Spiderman to date, the quips weren't always great but much better than Garfield for sure, did Garfield ever have any memorable lines in Amazing Spiderman? Overall I'm happy with Spiderman and I hope to see it play out well because Spiderman was probably my favorite superhero growing up, right up there with Spawn and Batman.

We Need a new Spawn movie! It's been 19 years. Hurry the fuck up McFarlane!