• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I had to stop watching the show. He'll move out of the way fast enough to dodge a bullet and then 10 minutes later he's getting the shit beat out of him by a chick with a tire iron. There were a million other reasons why I couldn't continue watching it, but I remember that one specific part made me just turn the show off mid-episode.

Granted, I finished the first season because the overall story-arc was good. It's just that individual episodes felt like they were written by 14 year olds for 14 year olds.

Pardon me if I'm not wearing my "shocked" face :wink:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the TV series version of the Flash. It's gonna be darker when season 3 begins.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I had to stop watching the show. He'll move out of the way fast enough to dodge a bullet and then 10 minutes later he's getting the shit beat out of him by a chick with a tire iron. There were a million other reasons why I couldn't continue watching it, but I remember that one specific part made me just turn the show off mid-episode.

Granted, I finished the first season because the overall story-arc was good. It's just that individual episodes felt like they were written by 14 year olds for 14 year olds.

Nevermind the 'guys running around in colorful tights' angle... or the 'omg, how did someone see through my thick glasses disguise!' or about a billion other suspension of disbelief necessities to watch any show about people with superpowers.

Or zombies.

Or cops.

Or secret agents.

Or <ducks> Shows about women with Dragons and spoiled princesses.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind the 'guys running around in colorful tights' angle... or the 'omg, how did someone see through my thick glasses disguise!' or about a billion other suspension of disbelief necessities to watch any show about people with superpowers.

Or zombies.

Or cops.

Or secret agents.

Or just heroic women in general...

:behindsofa:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or zombies.

Or cops.

Or secret agents.

That seems to be the common response to any criticism of these types of shows. Problem is it doesn't hold when the criticisms involve basic things like expecting the Flash's one power to be consistent or getting tired of bad acting. There are plenty of good super hero shows out there right now. The Flash just isn't one of them. My opinion though, lots of people seem to like it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the common response to any criticism of these types of shows. Problem is it doesn't hold when the criticisms involve basic things like expecting the Flash's one power to be consistent or getting tired of bad acting. There are plenty of good super hero shows out there right now. The Flash just isn't one of them. My opinion though, lots of people seem to like it.

Bad acting I'm on board with 100%. But c'mon dude. Superman, Flash, a few other superheros, there's no drama in the show if he uses his capability realistically. None. Zip. Nada.

Ooh, look, flash ran circles around another bad guy in the show's first :30, roll credits.

<yawn>

But yeah, cheesy bad acting - absolutely. I haven't watched that show since about episode two.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad acting I'm on board with 100%. But c'mon dude. Superman, Flash, a few other superheros, there's no drama in the show if he uses his capability realistically. None. Zip. Nada.

Ooh, look, flash ran circles around another bad guy in the show's first :30, roll credits.

<yawn>

But yeah, cheesy bad acting - absolutely. I haven't watched that show since about episode two.

I get that. It makes (some) sense when they don't have him running up and punching every bad guy/girl in the dick/tits before they can use their powers. I was just pointing out a really over the top ridiculous situation in that first example. One moment he feels a bullet touch his back and is able to grab it before it breaks his skin, and minutes later on the same episode someone can beat him up with a tire iron.

Anyway, it seems like we can agree that the consistency of his powers weren't the biggest problem with the show. It's just the issue that's the most fun to joke about.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<yawn>

Exactly, that is the flip side.. But that makes it even harder to watch for me at times. Like Captain Cold. I just want to hit the TV when he struggles against them when he should have that fight over in the literal blink of an eye.

I agree they are in a catch 22... It's tough to make realistic flash bad guys and not make them repetitive (all have super senses, or mind control, or flash's abilities are about as reliable as a Yugo).

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But basically yeah, realistic is more like this about 50 seconds in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could dig it... Haven't always been a fan of McConaughey, but his more recent work is pretty stellar. I'd be interested to see him play a villain role.

Not sure I know anything about Ezra Miller though? The person they supposedly casted for the Flash (Barry Allen).

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could dig it... Haven't always been a fan of McConaughey, but his more recent work is pretty stellar. I'd be interested to see him play a villain role.

Not sure I know anything about Ezra Miller though? The person they supposedly casted for the Flash (Barry Allen).

I was curious about the roll, than I saw a pic of him muscled up. fit the roll I wanted. In my opinion Grant is a skinny flash that has the "leather" version. I want some armor...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen the Batman vs Superman Ultimate Cut and the original? I want to know if it really is any better or not. I am about to suck it up and watch it today, just want to know if most peoples opinion on the film would stay the same.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen the Batman vs Superman Ultimate Cut and the original? I want to know if it really is any better or not. I am about to suck it up and watch it today, just want to know if most peoples opinion on the film would stay the same.

Ultimate Cut is considerably better than the theatrical. It mainly clarifies the details of Lex's master plan (which was rather vague in the theatrical cut) to discredit Supes, like what was really going on with the plot in Africa.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimate Cut is considerably better than the theatrical. It mainly clarifies the details of Lex's master plan (which was rather vague in the theatrical cut) to discredit Supes, like what was really going on with the plot in Africa.
I mean I need to see it, my expectations are low. I didn't see theatrical in hopes that bypassing it may let me enjoy the uncut. If I saw the one in the movies and hated it there would be no redeeming it to me. So hopefully I'm wrong and enjoy it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WONDER WOMAN Comic-Con Trailer

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2