• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Ive seen him in at least 2 movies where I thought he did a good job. Its a combination of bad casting, bad writing and bad directing I'm guessing but definitely bad acting is the end result. I'm not sure any actor in Hollywood could have pulled that character off with the dumb things he is asked to do.

Killing Joke is now previewing across the country. Apparently the Killing Joke movie is getting a lot of nerd rage because they had to fill in time and added some things that many people are iffy about. Having never read the graphic novel (somehow) I'm glad I get to see it in theaters tonight.
I can't wait for killing joke. Realistically I don't know why people are mad about adding stuff. It wasn't long enough of a story to make it a full feature film.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That DD movie wasn't dark. It was just a big pile of shit.

I haven't seen B vs S, yet. But how good would Afflech had been as Batman, if he used his own voice?
In my opinion, the directors cut made the movie quite a bit better than the original version that I remember.
I did like in the BvS movie was how they had Batman use a voice disguiser so you supposedly couldn't recognize his voice. I think that would've benefited Christian Bale in the Christopher Nolan Batman movies.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love the Flash's suit and humor of his character portrayed in this. I am excited. BvS was not as good as I hoped. I still fully enjoyed it. This I am sure will get some negativity. But I am excited none the less.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Flash's suit and humor of his character portrayed in this. I am excited. BvS was not as good as I hoped. I still fully enjoyed it. This I am sure will get some negativity. But I am excited none the less.

It definitely has piqued my interest in the movie a lot more than the previews for Batman vs Superman did for that movie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killing Joke was great. My only complaint is that it was too short

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more vids released at comic-con including some new shots from suicide squad.

Legion tv series

Luke Cage series coming to netflix

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Legion be part of the X-verse? They actually mentioned "mutants", which the MCU is not allowed to do. Only the X-verse is allowed to use that word.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for killing joke. Realistically I don't know why people are mad about adding stuff. It wasn't long enough of a story to make it a full feature film.
Killing Joke as a standalone wouldn't work in an age where everyone has seen Dark Knight and Breaking Bad. That's the problem with making a movie based on a popular but dated source. It definitely needed the prologue to create something a but more complex.

Its good though. Deeper than it looks

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just downloaded The killing joke...

Enjoyed the graphic novel... hopefully the movie is just as good...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Killing Joke you had to add in a lot of that stuff about Barbara because A, you needed to fill time and B, you needed to create sympathy for a major character especially since Barbara doesn't have a ton of material about her. She has some but not to the scale of Batman, Joker, or even Robin.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears superman will be making a full appearance in the 2nd season of tv series Supergirl which was moved to the CW network and now being shot in Vancouver, instead of LA.

In season 1, all you saw was clips of it being implied he was in the area or texting her to stay in touch. All you saw was basically a shadow.

Looks like he'll be making a full appearance in at least one or more episodes for season 2 and being played by actor Tyler Hoechlin. He's done a lot of tv work, including the series Teen Wolf and he was recently in that movie, "Everybody want's some".

36B5F61500000578-3715528-image-a-20_1469838248028.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes a good Superman, but that suit is gawd-awful...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Killing Joke you had to add in a lot of that stuff about Barbara because A, you needed to fill time and B, you needed to create sympathy for a major character especially since Barbara doesn't have a ton of material about her. She has some but not to the scale of Batman, Joker, or even Robin.
The prologue is very important

The most important part of the prologue is the idea that Batgirl was trying too hard to exist in the real world. She almost dies multiple times to some random mob thug because she doesn't take nearly as many precautions as Batman because Batman's life is completely insane. The big departure in the Killing Joke is that Bruce Wayne barely exists while in most modern Batman incarnations Bruce Wayne is the focal point.

I'm guessing the big fuss about the movie is that Batgirl actually does exist in a somewhat popular comic right now as a character that seems to be aimed at preteens. A lot of the complaints Ive seen about the prologue seem to exist because they feel like it does Batgirl a major injustice that she isn't nearly as awesome as Batman but its probably also the sex.

The one thing the prologue really does for me is that it shows how good a new Batman or Batgirl animated series could be. I do think the movie needs another 10-20 minute scene showing the Oracle in action to really wrap things up but that never happens.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The most important part of the prologue is the idea that Batgirl was trying too hard to exist in the real world. She almost dies multiple times to some random mob thug because she doesn't take nearly as many precautions as Batman because Batman's life is completely insane. The big departure in the Killing Joke is that Bruce Wayne barely exists while in most modern Batman incarnations Bruce Wayne is the focal point.

I'm guessing the big fuss about the movie is that Batgirl actually does exist in a somewhat popular comic right now as a character that seems to be aimed at preteens. A lot of the complaints Ive seen about the prologue seem to exist because they feel like it does Batgirl a major injustice that she isn't nearly as awesome as Batman but its probably also the sex.

The one thing the prologue really does for me is that it shows how good a new Batman or Batgirl animated series could be. I do think the movie needs another 10-20 minute scene showing the Oracle in action to really wrap things up but that never happens.

Batgirl should not be as good as Batman.

She's not as well trained or dedicated to the craft.

She's not even better than Nightwing...nor should she.

And it's not cause of her sex.

Wonder Woman could kick nightwing's ass.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batgirl should not be as good as Batman.

She's not as well trained or dedicated to the craft.

She's not even better than Nightwing...nor should she.

And it's not cause of her sex.

Wonder Woman could kick nightwing's ass.
Well, WW is a goddess, so...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, WW is a goddess, so...

Just saying, this femnazi idiocy needs to stop.

Why would Batgirl be as good as Batman or Nightwing? What logical justification is there?

She's physically weaker and less trained than both.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, this femnazi idiocy needs to stop.

Why would Batgirl be as good as Batman or Nightwing? What logical justification is there?

She's physically weaker and less trained than both.
You might be slightly misinterpreting what I said earlier. Some of the people being upset might be really disappointed that Batgirl is mentally weaker than Batman at crime fighting but the other issue people have is that
Batgirl has a weird relationship with Batman where she is always trying to impress him and he never gives her the approval she wants. This eventually comes to ahead when Batman states the obvious and Batgirl gets frustrated and throws herself on top of Batman and they have sex. This of course adds a bit of complexity to what happens in the Killing Joke main story and I think it works but its caused a solid amount of nerd rage and critical rejection.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be slightly misinterpreting what I said earlier. Some of the people being upset might be really disappointed that Batgirl is mentally weaker than Batman at crime fighting but the other issue people have is that
Batgirl has a weird relationship with Batman where she is always trying to impress him and he never gives her the approval she wants. This eventually comes to ahead when Batman states the obvious and Batgirl gets frustrated and throws herself on top of Batman and they have sex. This of course adds a bit of complexity to what happens in the Killing Joke main story and I think it works but its caused a solid amount of nerd rage and critical rejection.

To me it seems like he does that with all of the sidekicks...including Dick Grayson. Aka the greatest side kick of all time.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the sex scene. Was not happy at all about that. Their relationship is that of uncle/niece, so to see that scene was a bit sickening. It was well done, I just think upon watching this film I realized I didn't like the story nearly as much as I remember enjoying it. Not a bad film, just not one of my favorites.