• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a great meme this week talking about how 9 out of 10 women this Halloween are going to go as Harley Quinn. And of course many of them will be a "extremely slutty" version of her.

Watch.

We can only hope this to be true.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a great meme this week talking about how 9 out of 10 women this Halloween are going to go as Harley Quinn. And of course many of them will be a "extremely slutty" version of her.

Watch.

I am OK with this...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am OK with this...
il_340x270.841703909_nbl3.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting the Killing Joke is the one the media picked apart. They also gave Dark Knight Returns almost universal praise and its a movie that makes fun of the media picking things apart. Go figure.

Of the Batman Animated Movies I've seen, I'd rank them:

1. Under the Red Hood
2. Mask of the Phantasm
3. Year One
4. Killing Joke
5. Assault on Arkham
6. Dark Knight Returns Part 1
7. Son of Batman

Still need to watch Dark Knight Returns Part 2.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting the Killing Joke is the one the media picked apart. They also gave Dark Knight Returns almost universal praise and its a movie that makes fun of the media picking things apart. Go figure.

Of the Batman Animated Movies I've seen, I'd rank them:

1. Under the Red Hood
2. Mask of the Phantasm
3. Year One
4. Killing Joke
5. Assault on Arkham
6. Dark Knight Returns Part 1
7. Son of Batman

Still need to watch Dark Knight Returns Part 2.

Batman Beyond Return of the Joker is easily top 3 for me.

I haven't seen Assualt on Arkham or Son of Batman yet though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker is easily top 3 for me.
I didn't list that one because its slightly different but I liked it a lot. I would probably slot it in either just above or just below Mask of the Phantasm. Its been probably 15 years since Ive seen Return of the Joker so its hard to rank.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't list that one because its slightly different but I liked it a lot. I would probably slot it in either just above or just below Mask of the Phantasm. Its been probably 15 years since Ive seen Return of the Joker so its hard to rank.

Man, I need to rewatch year one, and also there's a Mr Freeze movie and a Batwoman movie that I liked more than most people did.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these animated movies part of the PG-13 versions I have found on Netflix?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these animated movies part of the PG-13 versions I have found on Netflix?
My gfs cousin picked up something with 25 animated DC movies on Batman day which apparently was last week.

Saw Dark Knight Returns pt2 and it's kinda nuts. Part of me thinks they had the worst Joker voice actor ever but it's also pretty much everything you want in a Batman v Superman movie.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gfs cousin picked up something with 25 animated DC movies on Batman day which apparently was last week.

Saw Dark Knight Returns pt2 and it's kinda nuts. Part of me thinks they had the worst Joker voice actor ever but it's also pretty much everything you want in a Batman v Superman movie.

The whole story is crap IMO.

The most overrated piece of source material ever.

It's not that the movie is a poor adaptation of the source material. It's that the source material wasn't any good to begin with.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole story is crap IMO.

The most overrated piece of source material ever.

It's not that the movie is a poor adaptation of the source material. It's that the source material wasn't any good to begin with.
The first part is so bad in areas it's laughable. There are some redeeming parts but I didn't like it overall. The 2nd part is like a rabbit hole where the action picks up as it goes. The rendition of joker as a whole is lackluster. I hate the visuals in both but the Batman vs Superman issues are much better than the recent movie. The dialogue and pacing are both better. It just tries to be the Watchmen and it's a little out of place compared to the other movies. The 2 parts combined would rate lower than Son of Batman. Its way too disconnected as is.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first part is so bad in areas it's laughable. There are some redeeming parts but I didn't like it overall. The 2nd part is like a rabbit hole where the action picks up as it goes. The rendition of joker as a whole is lackluster. I hate the visuals in both but the Batman vs Superman issues are much better than the recent movie. The dialogue and pacing are both better. It just tries to be the Watchmen and it's a little out of place compared to the other movies. The 2 parts combined would rate lower than Son of Batman. Its way too disconnected as is.

It's just a weird concept, especially when they never explain why Superman does what he does in this one. Plus he should've heard Ollie coming with those super ears of his.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a weird concept, especially when they never explain why Superman does what he does in this one. Plus he should've heard Ollie coming with those super ears of his.
I think the idea was that the nuclear winter was holding down Superman's powers.

I had a lot of little issues, though. Alfred being alive and still working seemed odd.
Mutants seemed lazy.
Gangs of white people in the inner city seemed lulz

The whole thing seemed embarrassingly dated in parts. I really liked the ending idea, though. Certainly better than the Batman Beyond where he ends up alone and crippled and bitter.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea was that the nuclear winter was holding down Superman's powers.

I had a lot of little issues, though. Alfred being alive and still working seemed odd.
Mutants seemed lazy.
Gangs of white people in the inner city seemed lulz

The whole thing seemed embarrassingly dated in parts. I really liked the ending idea, though. Certainly better than the Batman Beyond where he ends up alone and crippled and bitter.

Which is of course silly cause he could fly out into space and get clean sun.

Of course it would be dated, it had a Reagan presidency! lol

The batman beyond ending makes more sense to me. Then he gets a replacement to take over the mantle. Makes perfect sense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is of course silly cause he could fly out into space and get clean sun.
I agree that any premise where Batman beats Superman mostly by himself if absurd but it was apparent that they were keeping Superman's power level really low even before that happened.

Of course it would be dated, it had a Reagan presidency! lol
Well, yeah, but that hair and white gangs in arcades and those visors. All relics from the 80s that are loong gone.

The batman beyond ending makes more sense to me. Then he gets a replacement to take over the mantle. Makes perfect sense.
Here is why I disagree:

Batman is exceptional. Batman knows he is exceptional. He is 1 in 10-20 billion. Why?

1. Motivation. Every time he gets beat down, it goes back to the dead parents. Its why Batgirl couldn't cut it in the Killing Joke prelude which I'm sure pisses off all of those fanboys/fangirls. Its why Nightwing couldn't cut it. Its why Robin couldn't cut it.

2. One of the richest and most respected men in the world. Money and respect doesn't always carry over from generation to generation. Passing on his Batman mantle is something super risky.

3. He was the best warrior from the League of Shadows and a rogue agent for good. He also has months (years?) of training with a master magician. He isnt going to find a replacement. He needs to either start his own League of Shadows or find some super humans to take his cause.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that any premise where Batman beats Superman mostly by himself if absurd but it was apparent that they were keeping Superman's power level really low even before that happened.

Well, yeah, but that hair and white gangs in arcades and those visors. All relics from the 80s that are loong gone.

Here is why I disagree:

Batman is exceptional. Batman knows he is exceptional. He is 1 in 10-20 billion. Why?

1. Motivation. Every time he gets beat down, it goes back to the dead parents. Its why Batgirl couldn't cut it in the Killing Joke prelude which I'm sure pisses off all of those fanboys/fangirls. Its why Nightwing couldn't cut it. Its why Robin couldn't cut it.

2. One of the richest and most respected men in the world. Money and respect doesn't always carry over from generation to generation. Passing on his Batman mantle is something super risky.

3. He was the best warrior from the League of Shadows and a rogue agent for good. He also has months (years?) of training with a master magician. He isnt going to find a replacement. He needs to either start his own League of Shadows or find some super humans to take his cause.

I will forever disagree with Dick Grayson or Tim Drake not cutting it, but that's a whole separate issue. The both moved to their own center rings.

You do make some good points. But that last part of #2 is exactly why he ends up in that Batman Beyond situation, when he gets handled by 2 punks and realizes he can't do it anymore. He's so stubborn that he couldn't admit it and set up a succession plan until it was absolutely necessary.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so stubborn that he couldn't admit it and set up a succession plan until it was absolutely necessary.
There is certainly a lot of things in DC that would suggest that Batman will end up that way but its a very unfortunate way to go. It would be a complete failure of the Christopher Nolan arc of Batman which makes sense considering when Batman Beyond came out. I might have to watch more of that again to refresh my memory.

Its also possible that Batman would try to find some sort of lazarus pit that didnt involve losing his mind/free will but then you get a boring story that no one wants to watch.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superman's agent claims another Superman movie has been greenlighted so it looks like his death in B vs. S might of been exaggerated. ;)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is certainly a lot of things in DC that would suggest that Batman will end up that way but its a very unfortunate way to go. It would be a complete failure of the Christopher Nolan arc of Batman which makes sense considering when Batman Beyond came out. I might have to watch more of that again to refresh my memory.

Its also possible that Batman would try to find some sort of lazarus pit that didnt involve losing his mind/free will but then you get a boring story that no one wants to watch.

The Nolan one was completely not normal in the realms of DCU continuity.

It's why I find the last 2 movies of his to be vastly overrated.

BB is easily the best one as it sets up as (proverbially) "Ultimate Batman", and it even could roll up from Gotham if it really wanted to.