• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to that a sick, twisted SOB.

Amazing how the big thing for writing heroes now is having the humans be whiny, ungrateful bastards.

You're a trip Q.

. (point of movie)

0 (Q's head)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a trip Q.

. (point of movie)

0 (Q's head)

I haven't seen the movie yet. But I know the source material. It was atrocious.

:gaah: Me after reading it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a basic discussion about personal liberty vs safety.

Don't you pretend to be libertarian on the interwebs?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a basic discussion about personal liberty vs safety.

Don't you pretend to be libertarian on the interwebs?

Libertarians are far too socially liberal for me. They're lost causes in that regard.

My friends and I got bored one day and found the right party for me. The constitution party.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks decision made total sense. He was solely responsible for EVERYTHING that happened in Sokovia. HE created Ultron. Add in Scarlet Witches mind fuck on him and he is doubting himself now. He is gun-shy in making these kinds of decisions and would prefer dumping that responsibility on some government entity.

Cap's decision was two-fold...

1) He is supporting Bucky. He knows about the brainwashing, so even if Bucky did the deed, Cap wants to do what he can for him. Bucky is a super-soldier, just like Cap, and they grew up together. Bucky is home to Cap.

2) Cap is a conceited fuck. He is better than you and me. He knows better than us. No one should be able to make a big decision except him. It turns out that Cap IS a good person, so this attitude does not lead to the problems that it COULD lead to, but it is still scary. This is, IMHO, the reason why he is unable to lift the hammer.

I get that... But for Stark to go all out and create the damage that he was so pissed with himself about, is still iffy IMO... It is like he signed his soul over... which I guess was the point...

But really it was the second fight that made no sense to me... Iron man knew the difference between Bucky and the winter soldier... he even came to help them... a video of the "truth" that bucky killed his parents made him go crazy?? we are talking about superheroes here... It just seemed like they went straight to fighting, when the fight was not necessary... and it wasn't like Cap or Bucky fought to contain Iron man, they fought to win the fight...

Just saying that there were some holes... and that the actual STORY was very weak... The movie was saved by amazing action scenes, and Totally winning on three characters- Spiderman, Black Panther and Ant man...

BTW: how awesome was giANT Man

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Libertarians are far too socially liberal for me. They're lost causes in that regard.

My friends and I got bored one day and found the right party for me. The constitution party.

all about freedoms, except for the ones you don't like.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that... But for Stark to go all out and create the damage that he was so pissed with himself about, is still iffy IMO... It is like he signed his soul over... which I guess was the point...

But really it was the second fight that made no sense to me... Iron man knew the difference between Bucky and the winter soldier... he even came to help them... a video of the "truth" that bucky killed his parents made him go crazy?? we are talking about superheroes here... It just seemed like they went straight to fighting, when the fight was not necessary... and it wasn't like Cap or Bucky fought to contain Iron man, they fought to win the fight...

Just saying that there were some holes... and that the actual STORY was very weak... The movie was saved by amazing action scenes, and Totally winning on three characters- Spiderman, Black Panther and Ant man...

Why would a superhero be immune to trauma watching a video of his parents being murdered?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a superhero be immune to trauma watching a video of his parents being murdered?

but to go into a murderous rage?? no reasoning with him at all??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stark loved his mother. He was pissed that his last words with his father were (probably) fighting words. He was going through the daddy-issues at the time (granted, they didnt really address WHY he was focusing on this at the time). So...

When he decides to switch over to Team Cap at the end, it is somewhat tentative. When he actually WATCHES his parents get killed, then hears his friend say that he knew, Stark just snaps.

Add to this Cap's propensity to fight first, maybe talk later, and you have a powder-keg that just blows up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were some pretty advanced multi-persepctive security cameras out there on that rural road btw!

/nit picker guy

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all about freedoms, except for the ones you don't like.
I think it is fair for people to draw lines in the sand in different spots.

For me, I am OK with Libertarians laissez faire take on the social issues, and much of their fiscal stands, but I do believe the government SHOULD step up in certain areas where the generic libertarian stand would disagree (defense and borders, for example).

For someone to have a political stand, they are not required to be extreme in any direction, or even consistent on all issues.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were some pretty advanced multi-persepctive security cameras out there on that rural road btw!

/nit picker guy

nah... 1991 had some great technology...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that follow the comics, the Super Soldier serum that Winter Soldier stole, who was Howard Stark supposedly taking it to?