• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should DC give up?

They have the superior roster.

They just need to hire good writers.
They need to put this off for another ten years and let this shit heap vanish. Ten years is enough time for people to forget. If this movie sucks you can't revive the series. They screwed it up, so hopefully they lose enough money to try again in ten years. We don't need Wonder Woman previews when you have a shity movie no one wants to see in theaters. Stop setting shit up and make a good movie with the money you are given.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel is doing wonders with their roster, and going 3 or 4 layers deep. DC is working just with their HOFers, and still constantly getting shut out.

Before about 5 years ago, I never even heard of Antman. Now, of course, I understand he is actually quite important to the Avengers story, but before the MCU, I had no idea. EVERYONE knows who Batman, Superman and Woman Woman are, and they still can't do it right.
Synder is trying to do 200 mph and can't get the car out of park.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should DC give up?

They have the superior roster.

They just need to hire good writers.
They need to do actually start somewhere before they compete with Marvel. Marvel also is getting the best actors. I don't think DC is casting as well.

Batman becoming amazing took Burton, Frank Miller, one of the best cartoons ever made and Nolan to get off the ground. Its the only thing DC has that can stand with the Marvel universe.

Flash and Arrow are big thanks to TV. Probably the only 2 characters they can run with Batman at the moment You could also functionally have them working in the same universe no problem.

Aquaman they could just copy Thor and put him into the fold but he needs his own movie first.

Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Superman are all pretty epic. I don't think they translate to American audiences without going Star Wars and thats a total shift.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do actually start somewhere before they compete with Marvel. Marvel also is getting the best actors. I don't think DC is casting as well.

Batman becoming amazing took Burton, Frank Miller, one of the best cartoons ever made and Nolan to get off the ground. Its the only thing DC has that can stand with the Marvel universe.

Flash and Arrow are big thanks to TV. Probably the only 2 characters they can run with Batman at the moment You could also functionally have them working in the same universe no problem.

Aquaman they could just copy Thor and put him into the fold but he needs his own movie first.

Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Superman are all pretty epic. I don't think they translate to American audiences without going Star Wars and thats a total shift.

You make MANY strong points.

Batman TAS was epic.

Superman TAS, Justice League/JL Unlimited and Young Justice are also better cartoons than anything Marvel has made.

They also have PHENOMENAL animated movies (I buy them I devour them, I love them). Red Hood, DOOM, Superman vs. the Elite....all amazing.

Hell Superman vs. the Elite would have been an EPIC 2nd movie after MoS.

I notice you didn't' mention smallville, whcih IIRC did really well. Not many shows have the fanbase to last 10 seasons. It wasn't perfect, but it also set the stage for a show like Arrow or the Flash to even exist.

Aquaman to me has the ability to be Thor or GoT in the water with higher level tech...and more fish. He's a powerful, interesting character. But he's been written horribly. I think with the casting they did, they're looking at going in the direction I'm talking about more.

Green Lantern has the power by himself to be epic in a starwars like way. But I think Green Lantern corps the movie could be DC's version of star wars.

Green Lantern can do space stuff, he can do water stuff, he can do other planets. He has immense flexibility, and then they have him fall (Hal Jordan to Paralax) and have someone else pick up the pieces. It could be amazing.

Wonder Woman needs their own movie first. As did Batman before this movie. It just is weird to not each set them up first like Marvel did with Avengers. But Wonder Woman gets super heroes and greek mythology all in one. An epic battle in HADES would be ridiculously EPIC.

Superman, where do I begin. MoS was a strong start. He has some great stories they can follow. The Elite being one that I would have put in the first 3 movies.

I like having a Lex centric movie as well. He is teh greatest villain of all time.

Darkseid was made for the big screen, but no one has tried it yet.

Metallo could be fun if done right and not cheesy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make MANY strong points.

Batman TAS was epic.

Superman TAS, Justice League/JL Unlimited and Young Justice are also better cartoons than anything Marvel has made.

They also have PHENOMENAL animated movies (I buy them I devour them, I love them). Red Hood, DOOM, Superman vs. the Elite....all amazing.

Hell Superman vs. the Elite would have been an EPIC 2nd movie after MoS.

I notice you didn't' mention smallville, whcih IIRC did really well. Not many shows have the fanbase to last 10 seasons. It wasn't perfect, but it also set the stage for a show like Arrow or the Flash to even exist.

Aquaman to me has the ability to be Thor or GoT in the water with higher level tech...and more fish. He's a powerful, interesting character. But he's been written horribly. I think with the casting they did, they're looking at going in the direction I'm talking about more.

Green Lantern has the power by himself to be epic in a starwars like way. But I think Green Lantern corps the movie could be DC's version of star wars.

Green Lantern can do space stuff, he can do water stuff, he can do other planets. He has immense flexibility, and then they have him fall (Hal Jordan to Paralax) and have someone else pick up the pieces. It could be amazing.

Wonder Woman needs their own movie first. As did Batman before this movie. It just is weird to not each set them up first like Marvel did with Avengers. But Wonder Woman gets super heroes and greek mythology all in one. An epic battle in HADES would be ridiculously EPIC.

Superman, where do I begin. MoS was a strong start. He has some great stories they can follow. The Elite being one that I would have put in the first 3 movies.

I like having a Lex centric movie as well. He is teh greatest villain of all time.

Darkseid was made for the big screen, but no one has tried it yet.

Metallo could be fun if done right and not cheesy.
Metallo is like Venom to me. He looks like a good villain but it never works out. I do agree that Lex is one of the strongest villains in terms of interest but Smallville and Gotham really go the wrong direction, imo, even though they both seem to have a handful of great episodes.

Imo, they needed to make 1 movie with Batman, Flash and Arrow to get Batman in with the rest. I would then pair up Wonder Woman with Aqua Man and Hades and make a 2nd totally different movie with that.

From there, a Superman, Green Lantern team up movie in space and maybe throw in Darkseid.

If you switch between the themes without proper buildup then its just clunky. Fantastic 4 has that same clunky issue which is why that never gets off the ground.

I think Suicide Squad always had more promise than Batman v Superman and the 2nd trailer is really well done. Even if its exactly like Assault of Arkham Animated movie then its going to be popular.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they nailed Lex for smallville. His rise to evil becomes a tragic story

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman v Superman Takes Off with $27.7 Million from Thursday Previews!

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, DC fans are up in arms about early reviews and some went as far to say Disney paid people from Marvel to bash BvS. That is absolutely insane. I love both Marvel and DC and i'm pumped for this movie. In fact, seeing it tonight at 7:45!

Well, how was it? All you hoped it would be?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nay sayers are gonna say i told you so on Ben Affleck and Jesse Eisenberg... Not sure if any actor could have saved those characters... I actually didn't think Affleck did that bad, but i HATED the way they depicted Lex Luthor... They made him TOO crazy, TOO evil, and TOO goofy...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman v Superman Takes Off with $27.7 Million from Thursday Previews!
I'm not sure how true, but I read it needs to hit 800 million to turn a profit. If this is true, competing with Marvel in the near future with booth movies out at the same time will hurt the box.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nay sayers are gonna say i told you so on Ben Affleck and Jesse Eisenberg... Not sure if any actor could have saved those characters... I actually didn't think Affleck did that bad, but i HATED the way they depicted Lex Luthor... They made him TOO crazy, TOO evil, and TOO goofy...
Honestly my hate towards Ben was never wholehearted, I hated on it to preserve myself the pain if he ruined it. Nothing Eisenberg does will justify him instead of Cranston. He sucks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Afleck during Cavel's answer. He is completely checked out and wants to be anywhere but there.

I was not as excited for this movie as a lot if people were, but I was certainly hoping it would be good.

Oh well. We have Cival War coming out soon. Hopefully that doesn't stink.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be fourth

Can't imagine what would compel you to believe GoG is better than the best representation of the Joker probably ever but hey, it's your opinion.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% the biggest problem I had with the movie, and I hated the casting of Lex from day 1. I agree with @The Q that Smallville had the perfect vision of Lex Luthor. I had hoped for a similar direction for BvS, with Lex being a true villain, in that you want to root for the guy, but could see that once he went bad, he was going all the way. And good grief, make Lex a MAN, not a sniveling little geek. Lex Luthor was above all egotistical, in addition to wanting to be the smartest guy in the room, he'd want to be the toughest. Tom Hardy, Jake Gyllenhaal and Cam Gignadet would have been my first 3 choices, but I can think of 100 I would have taken over Jesse

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% the biggest problem I had with the movie, and I hated the casting of Lex from day 1. I agree with @The Q that Smallville had the perfect vision of Lex Luthor. I had hoped for a similar direction for BvS, with Lex being a true villain, in that you want to root for the guy, but could see that once he went bad, he was going all the way. And good grief, make Lex a MAN, not a sniveling little geek. Lex Luthor was above all egotistical, in addition to wanting to be the smartest guy in the room, he'd want to be the toughest. Tom Hardy, Jake Gyllenhaal and Cam Gignadet would have been my first 3 choices, but I can think of 100 I would have taken over Jesse

Rosenbaum still could've handled Lex.

Lex really is part steve jobs, part sociopath, part tragic hero.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenbaum still could've handled Lex.

Lex really is part steve jobs, part sociopath, part tragic hero.
I agree, and think that if I were casting BvS, I'd have talked to the folks that cast the superhero shows on the CW/WB. Smallvilles casting of Clark, Lex, Jonathan, Lionel, Lois....spot on. The Flash, Barry Allen and Harrison Wells....perfect. Arrow/Oliver, several villains, very good. How can BvS have a $200 million+ budget and screw up Lex Luthor?