• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want Hollywood to learn their lesson wait till it leaks or till redbox. Don't give them your hard earned money because of a DC/Batman/Superman logo slapped onto a turd.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been skeptical about BvS, but I will still see it. However, I may wait a week or so just to make sure it isn't F4ntastically bad.

F4 was a disaster, but that had more to do with a studio making poor decisions. I liked the idea of making it dark and scifi/horror production, but the studio heads interfered too much with the director throughout, including overiding what actors he wanted to work with, and so the whole thing ended up a hot mess. By the time filming started, the seeds were already planted for it to be a massive clusterfuck and the director ends up fired before filming completes. Then they go back and reshoot a bunch of crap to try to fix it which made it even more confusing and worse.

Superman v Batman will get it right enough and I like it that they aren't going to with the Marvel model which is creating movie after movie that's exactly the same. Sure it worked well, but you flog a horse long enough, you could end up with a bomb on your hands eventually. I got no problem with showing glimpses of a few justice league characters in this. That movie has already been greenlighted, and you won't have to spend the majority of the 1st one dealing with tons of origin content.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hell with critics.

Some of you posters have me scratching my head and wondering if you can think for yourselves, or do you really need others (critics) to formulate opinions for you. Seriously, are you folks that easily influenced by others... and susceptible to their opinions? Example: In the first Star Wars film, Obi Wan's "These aren't the droids you're looking for." line would apparently work very easily on some of you folks.

To me, critics are probably one of the most (if not the most) useless professions on our planet. I can think for myself, thank you very much.

Some of you are actually passing judgement on a film that you (nor close trusted advisor) haven't even seen! How does that work?
:scratch:

pre·con·cep·tion
ˌprēkənˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: preconception; plural noun: preconceptions; noun: pre-conception; plural noun: pre-conceptions
a preconceived idea or prejudice.
synonyms: preconceived idea/notion, presupposition, assumption, presumption, prejudgment;
prejudice
"it will be difficult to find jurors who have no preconceptions about this case"

That being said.... if I have a few close personal longtime trusted friends who share similar tastes as me who happen to tell me that a given restaurant, film, book, etc. is very bad, then yes.... it would be doubtful I would partake in said recreation (because of the long-term established personal trust I would have with those individuals).

But otherwise.....

FUCK CRITICS!..... I can think for myself!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will wait til I see it. Honestly I am not expecting award winning stuff. I can see ratings being lower for movies that don't adhere to realistic expectations. But I wanted a comic book feel. Something not realistic, that's what it is! But I am bummed that the rotten tomato score is so low (37 and dropping). I was expecting 65-70, especially with the news of all the positive reviews a couple days ago . Who knows, maybe they were paid to give good reviews so the movie can make the extra buck.

I will still act like a child screaming into the movie theater in excitement, but bummed at the score.

That said, the viewers scores were around 85....

Sounds more like reviewers got their panties in a twist. They expect oscar material, go see one of those DiCaprio movies that are projects designed specifically for the oscars circlejerk.

I'm going to go see it this weekend. If people have fatigue from comic movies, blame Marvel and their "same plot every movie" thing. This guy is excited for more material from the DC universe and done darker than the Marvel movies. I really liked the recent superman.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hell with critics.

Some of you posters have me scratching my head and wondering if you can think for yourselves, or do you really need others (critics) to formulate opinions for you. Seriously, are you folks that easily influenced by others... and susceptible to their opinions? Example: In the first Star Wars film, Obi Wan's "These aren't the droids you're looking for." line would apparently work very easily on some of you folks.

To me, critics are probably one of the most (if not the most) useless professions on our planet. I can think for myself, thank you very much.

Some of you are actually passing judgement on a film that you (nor close trusted advisor) haven't even seen! How does that work?

pre·con·cep·tion
ˌprēkənˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: preconception; plural noun: preconceptions; noun: pre-conception; plural noun: pre-conceptions
synonyms: preconceived idea/notion, presupposition, assumption, presumption, prejudgment;
prejudice
"it will be difficult to find jurors who have no preconceptions about this case"

That being said.... if I have a few close personal longtime trusted friends who share similar tastes as me who happen to tell me that a given restaurant, film, book, etc. is very bad, then yes.... it would be doubtful I would partake in said recreation (because of the long-term established personal trust I would have with those individuals).

But otherwise.....

I think the critics have pretty much hit everything that I knew would be wrong with the film. I never had any interest in this movie because of Zack Snyder, Jessie Eisenberg, Ben Afflack, and the 20 DC characters they are trying to squeeze into a film Ironman 2 style. This idea that if you make a film with the proper logo it will make money regardless of quality is ridiculous. This back up by the fact that currently over 150 sequels are in the works currently in hollywood including a freaking Toy Story 4. Let shit be, let it go. Why does hollywood feel the need to ram shit down our throat even though it sucks? Because people will waste money on them regardless of quality. I will not go see it, not because of the critics, but because this movie was destined to suck from the beginning. I do however hope enough people are swayed by critics they don't send their money and it is at Redbox in 2 months to cut their losses. Only way for them to learn is to lose money. I hope it is a massive flop and they are reeling to make up the cost.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hell with critics.

pre·con·cep·tion
ˌprēkənˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
prejudice

But otherwise.....

These guys get paid to give their opinions, I think they ought to know what they're talking about. I've never gone to see a film and afterwards when reading reviews thought "Wow, this film is so great, these critics don't know what the fuck they're talking about". Not once.

Why would I listen to fanboys who jizz their pants anytime they see their favorite superhero. These are probably the same guys who think Hunger Games is awesome and have never heard of Battle Royale. I'm pretty critical when it comes to film and TV, so yeah, I definitely take what the critics think into account when deciding whether or not to watch something. I'm not one of those people who enjoys bad movies.

Even the positive reviews are far from raving, why waste my time.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds more like reviewers got their panties in a twist. They expect oscar material, go see one of those DiCaprio movies that are projects designed specifically for the oscars circlejerk.

I'm going to go see it this weekend. If people have fatigue from comic movies, blame Marvel and their "same plot every movie" thing. This guy is excited for more material from the DC universe and done darker than the Marvel movies. I really liked the recent superman.

Really, so Deadpool got good reviews because it's oscar material? There have been a ton of superhero movies in recent years, I think the critics have adjusted for them by now. They know the good superhero movies from the bad ones.

So DC is doing things differently by cramming a bunch of superheroes into one movie and setting up their own "Avengers". Yeah, really going against the grain there.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, DC fans are up in arms about early reviews and some went as far to say Disney paid people from Marvel to bash BvS. That is absolutely insane. I love both Marvel and DC and i'm pumped for this movie. In fact, seeing it tonight at 7:45!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, DC fans are up in arms about early reviews and some went as far to say Disney paid people from Marvel to bash BvS. That is absolutely insane. I love both Marvel and DC and i'm pumped for this movie. In fact, seeing it tonight at 7:45!
Gotta give us a rating afterwards...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of you folks are planning to watch it this weekend.

Not me.

I despise crowded movie theatres... mainly due to rudeness/noise supplied by the younger crowd. I generally wait a couple weeks to see a film, and even then, I go to a matinee during the week (usually, I'm free Thursday and Friday afternoons).

Sporting events, rock concerts, and comedy clubs are the only places I enjoy a large & boisterous crowd... pretty much everywhere else I want a minimum amount of people and noise...I never took a girl out to a restaurant on Valentine's Day, nor took my mother (RIP) out to a restaurant on Mother's Day... I would never wish to put a woman through such an unpleasant experience. Crowds suck.... I treasure the solitude of one's own castle (carry-out food and entertainment in the privacy of home is the way to go for me).

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. DC calls Marvel daddy.

Wow this movie is getting roasted

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me.

I despise crowded movie theatres... mainly due to rudeness/noise supplied by the younger crowd. I generally wait a couple weeks to see a film, and even then, I go to a matinee during the week (usually, I'm free Thursday and Friday afternoons).

Sporting events, rock concerts, and comedy clubs are the only places I enjoy a large & boisterous crowd... pretty much everywhere else I want a minimum amount of people and noise...I never took a girl out to a restaurant on Valentine's Day, nor took my mother (RIP) out to a restaurant on Mother's Day... I would never wish to put a woman through such an unpleasant experience. Crowds suck.... I treasure the solitude of one's own castle (carry-out food and entertainment in the privacy of home is the way to go for me).
Only sporting events for me, movies too I guess but I don't count that. If I have my own seat blocked off from other people getting into my area, I'm ok.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I found leaked footage from the movie!

tumblr_n4lps0iEiJ1qzcd69o4_250.gif

Attachments

• th?id=OIP.Med40dbea1a996f5e20b2ea432a1a9a84o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=222&h=173.jpg
    th?id=OIP.Med40dbea1a996f5e20b2ea432a1a9a84o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=222&h=173.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
  • tumblr_n4lps0iEiJ1qzcd69o4_250.gif
    990.5 KB · Views: 24
  • tumblr_n4lps0iEiJ1qzcd69o4_250.gif
    990.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been avoiding the reviews but this is going about as well as I expected when I first heard "Batman v. Superman".

It was based on a weak source material. That is never a good start.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me.

Me to a T. I remember seeing Godzilla in a recliner seated theater on a Saturday Morning at 10, my bro and I were the only ones there. I avoid spoilers as much as I can for this reason alone.

Also saw Age of Ultron on a Tuesday at noon for "$5 Tuesdays" One other person in there. I can't deal with crowds anymore after college, marriage, kids... I do this to get some freaking silence + entertainment.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been avoiding the reviews but this is going about as well as I expected when I first heard "Batman v. Superman".

It was based on a weak source material. That is never a good start.
Not true completely. Frank Millers, The Dark Knight Returns, was fantastic and so was the cartoon adaptation.