• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will wait til I see it. Honestly I am not expecting award winning stuff. I can see ratings being lower for movies that don't adhere to realistic expectations. But I wanted a comic book feel. Something not realistic, that's what it is! But I am bummed that the rotten tomato score is so low (37 and dropping). I was expecting 65-70, especially with the news of all the positive reviews a couple days ago . Who knows, maybe they were paid to give good reviews so the movie can make the extra buck.

I will still act like a child screaming into the movie theater in excitement, but bummed at the score.

That said, the viewers scores were around 85....

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will wait til I see it. Honestly I am not expecting award winning stuff. I can see ratings being lower for movies that don't adhere to realistic expectations. But I wanted a comic book feel. Something not realistic, that's what it is! But I am bummed that the rotten tomato score is so low (37 and dropping). I was expecting 65-70, especially with the news of all the positive reviews a couple days ago . Who knows, maybe they were paid to give good reviews so the movie can make the extra buck.

I will still act like a child screaming into the movie theater in excitement, but bummed at the score.

That said, the viewers scores were around 85....
I will say, in most people's case you may be correct. Most people may enjoy it, but it will be more so a knee jerk reaction to the fact that they are finally seeing this over hyped movie. I personally hate Hollywood hurling garbage at the screen and expecting people to pay because of the title of the film and think they can get away with it. Or the fact that everyone is too focused on setting up movies, instead making a good freaking movie with the one you are currently making. Stop introducing 4 freaking major characters into one story to further your agenda.

I am very critical of movies and look at how good/bad they are differently than most. I usually am closer to what the critics say than what the viewers say.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, in most people's case you may be correct. Most people may enjoy it, but it will be more so a knee jerk reaction to the fact that they are finally seeing this over hyped movie. I personally hate Hollywood hurling garbage at the screen and expecting people to pay because of the title of the film and think they can get away with it. Or the fact that everyone is too focused on setting up movies, instead making a good freaking movie with the one you are currently making. Stop introducing 4 freaking major characters into one story to further your agenda.

I am very critical of movies and look at how good/bad they are differently than most. I usually am closer to what the critics say than what the viewers say.
I think they just trying to do too much in this thing. Marvel had 4 movies before the Avengers, so the origin stories all had their proper time to set up. This is doing 3 origin stories (Cyborg, WW and kinda Batman) AND doing an epic story AND doing a big baddie. Why not break that up into 4 or 5 movies?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they just trying to do too much in this thing. Marvel had 4 movies before the Avengers, so the origin stories all had their proper time to set up. This is doing 3 origin stories (Cyborg, WW and kinda Batman) AND doing an epic story AND doing a big baddie. Why not break that up into 4 or 5 movies?
I will say, 4-5 seems like a bit much. I personally am not all into the way Marvel does things either, but when it is all said and done they will be more successful despite the handful of garbage flicks destined to be on screens in the near future just so they can make the ultimate finale with wayyyyyy too many characters and likely more robot aliens. I felt like the Avengers was a good movie on its first watch but had ZERO depth, and little to no rewatchability. Also a knee jerk response to the fact that they had set up movies. I personally found Ironman 2 to be one of the worst superhero movies ever, and Thor and the First Captain America were as dull as dishwater. (Just my personal feeling, not saying Marvel sucks.)

I just think Snyder is awful and hopefully the movie tanks so either DC will not further tarnish itself or at the very least Snyder is thrown off.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if Marvel had that grand plan of making it into 20 movies when they first did Iron Man. Where DC felt they could get away with this adding all these characters in this one. If the Bale series didn't exist, I wonder if they would have done the same as Marvel. But the Bale series was just Batman alone, and they wanted to start fresh since they knew viewers knew who all was in the Justice League after what Marvel did, and decided they could rush it rather than do stand alone films, and just start with Superman since he is the cornerstone.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Marvel had that grand plan of making it into 20 movies when they first did Iron Man. Where DC felt they could get away with this adding all these characters in this one. If the Bale series didn't exist, I wonder if they would have done the same as Marvel. But the Bale series was just Batman alone, and they wanted to start fresh since they knew viewers knew who all was in the Justice League after what Marvel did, and decided they could rush it rather than do stand alone films, and just start with Superman since he is the cornerstone.
It burns me up Nolan isn't doing these movies. If he was hands on with this project no doubt it would be miles ahead of Marvel.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Marvel had the 3 phases roughly mapped out at the time of IM1, but they were not 100% moving forward with it. They wanted to see how IM did. It was a HUGE success, and the 3-phase project got the green-light.

At this point, the MCU is here to stay, and they are planning well beyond Phase 3. The TV shows were never in the plans at the beginning, for example.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel has a money grab to it too. Like with the amount of stand alone films they had that I thought were just unnecessary. The fact they have all those solo films. 1, 2, & 3 (although CA 3 is basically a good continuation of the Avengers). I am happy they are sort of rushing it as I don't need all those intro films before a Justice League.

Side note. I want to see how Ezra portrays The Flash. I love the TV series and the actor, but am NOT one of those angry fans that wanted the TV actor Grant Gustin to play it in the movie. TV versions and movie versions are completely different and didn't want them to do the cross over Marvel did with Agents of Shield. Both can exist and not be connected.

Flash is one of my favorite characters.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Marvel had the 3 phases roughly mapped out at the time of IM1, but they were not 100% moving forward with it. They wanted to see how IM did. It was a HUGE success, and the 3-phase project got the green-light.

At this point, the MCU is here to stay, and they are planning well beyond Phase 3. The TV shows were never in the plans at the beginning, for example.

This basically answers my previous post about wondering if they had it planned prior.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel has a money grab to it too. Like with the amount of stand alone films they had that I thought were just unnecessary. The fact they have all those solo films. 1, 2, & 3 (although CA 3 is basically a good continuation of the Avengers). I am happy they are sort of rushing it as I don't need all those intro films before a Justice League.

Side note. I want to see how Ezra portrays The Flash. I love the TV series and the actor, but am NOT one of those angry fans that wanted the TV actor Grant Gustin to play it in the movie. TV versions and movie versions are completely different and didn't want them to do the cross over Marvel did with Agents of Shield. Both can exist and not be connected.

Flash is one of my favorite characters.
I am just hoping it all gets shut down after Suicide Squad flops and they put it on halt after losing tons on 2 movies back to back. Come back in ten years and try again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, 4-5 seems like a bit much. I personally am not all into the way Marvel does things either, but when it is all said and done they will be more successful despite the handful of garbage flicks destined to be on screens in the near future just so they can make the ultimate finale with wayyyyyy too many characters and likely more robot aliens. I felt like the Avengers was a good movie on its first watch but had ZERO depth, and little to no rewatchability. Also a knee jerk response to the fact that they had set up movies. I personally found Ironman 2 to be one of the worst superhero movies ever, and Thor and the First Captain America were as dull as dishwater. (Just my personal feeling, not saying Marvel sucks.)

I just think Snyder is awful and hopefully the movie tanks so either DC will not further tarnish itself or at the very least Snyder is thrown off.
Fair enough. I was not necessarily trying to be exact with the 4-5 movies idea. I was just saying doing all that in ONE movie had shit-show written all over it.

WW should have her own movie before the team-up.

Batman should have a solo movie pre team-up. Probably before Man of Steel, since the events of MoS piss Wayne off so much. It may have been a good cameo to show Wayne in the city while Supes and Zodd went to town.

Cyborg could probably be included in BvS.

Then have the ENTIRE BvS centered around the BvS fight, and maybe bring in WW and Cyborg as peace-keepers, or have a minor baddie force them to work together.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I was not necessarily trying to be exact with the 4-5 movies idea. I was just saying doing all that in ONE movie had shit-show written all over it.

Batman should have a solo movie pre team-up. Probably before Man of Steel, since the events of MoS piss Wayne off so much. It may have been a good cameo to show Wayne in the city while Supes and Zodd went to town.

Then have the ENTIRE BvS centered around the BvS fight, and maybe bring in WW and Cyborg as peace-keepers, or have a minor baddie force them to work together.
Agreed with all of this. I don't mind having Batman then introducing Cyborg in this movie, but you CANNOT introduce this much into one movie and expect it to be good, see Ironman 2.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. And probably would have happened had they thought this before the Christian Bale versions. I will just reiterate. Introducing primarily WW and Batman in this movie, isn't over the top after the MoS movie IMO. Cyborg, Aquaman and the Flash are all barely featured if I am hearing correctly. But who knows.

Thanks for the chat fellas. I gotta feed the kiddos.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. And probably would have happened had they thought this before the Christian Bale versions. I will just reiterate. Introducing primarily WW and Batman in this movie, isn't over the top after the MoS movie IMO. Cyborg, Aquaman and the Flash are all barely featured if I am hearing correctly. But who knows.

Thanks for the chat fellas. I gotta feed the kiddos.
I didn't even know the Flash was in this. :L All out garbage mode. Have a good one.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know the Flash was in this. :L All out garbage mode. Have a good one.

What I read, was he was part of a dream and is just a "a flash" Not actually in the film. Just Cyborg and AM.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Aquaman definitely has a part, as he has several toys out, but I have not seen anything Flash related in BatmanvSuperman packaging.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't OP put the B v S trailer in his top 15 movies of the year? The critics hate this movie, I'm not even going to bother. Glad I didn't buy into the hype. I was never excited for this movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't OP put the B v S trailer in his top 15 movies of the year? The critics hate this movie, I'm not even going to bother. Glad I didn't buy into the hype. I was never excited for this movie.
I have always been skeptical about BvS, but I will still see it. However, I may wait a week or so just to make sure it isn't F4ntastically bad.