• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he said "on the roof".
Nope. It was Underroos. Spidey is hearing long johns (underwear), so that was a nic that Stark gave him (in the scene). He was calling Spidey in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 2 problems with the Spidey clip...

1) He sounded like Bieber. Not just a similar voice, but a downright impersonation of it.

2) He made facial expressions with the mask. I know this is a comic book movie. But they at least TRY to follow some sort of logic. He is wearing a mask. That isnt his face. The eyes on the mask should not be able to squint.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the noise it made when he squinted. Sounds mechanical.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's underroos. This is rdj's stark. Always giving nicknames. If he were saying on the roof that way I'd ask of he were having a stroke.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 2 problems with the Spidey clip...

1) He sounded like Bieber. Not just a similar voice, but a downright impersonation of it.

2) He made facial expressions with the mask. I know this is a comic book movie. But they at least TRY to follow some sort of logic. He is wearing a mask. That isnt his face. The eyes on the mask should not be able to squint.

Stark tech explains the facial expressions. No problem with it.

I don't think that line is going to be what's really in the final cut. Probably just a "hi" to the audience. He's also a High school kid in this. I don't know if you've met any high school aged kids lately, but not a lot of them sound like grown men.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the noise it made when he squinted. Sounds mechanical.
No, I did not hear that. I have only seen it once so far.

I hope there is a decent explanation for the mask emoting like that (maybe he has tamed Venom???).

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat shot of Spider-Man at the end, doe! :thumb:

I love that Spidey's finally coming to the MCU, but I hate the way they did the costume. I liked the costume in the ASM movies better, which looked a lot more realistic and not so CGI-ish and cartoonish.

He looks great, just like the costume from the comics!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the direction the Russos are going with this.

The Avengers still holds water as Marvel's best, but that's only because of the epic feeling of seeing all of them unite together for the first time.

In my opinion, Winter Soldier was Marvel's best film and it's looking like Civil War will take that crown in May. The Russos have promised a darker tone and to touch on themes in this film that other Marvel films have not. I'm cautiously optimistic because Age of Ultron's trailers indicated a darker tone and a great villain but it turned out to be another formulaic Marvel film. Which isn't necessarily bad, but it'd be nice if they shot for greatness rather than play it safe with good and entertaining.

I trust the Russos though and with them directing Infinity Wars as well we can expect something great.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note...

Does anyone think with Marvel's rush to include so many characters means that Iron Man and/or Captain America will get killed off in Infinity Wars or at the end of it?

I think ideally they'd want to keep Robert Downey Jr forever but he's expressed interest in exiting and his salary for each film is astronomical. That being said...Disney can afford it.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spidey's reveal was nice and will be a conversation starter for the fans

A reveal that will really grab my attention is if they show Deadpool in a future X-Men film and/or Wolverine's last film.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note...

Does anyone think with Marvel's rush to include so many characters means that Iron Man and/or Captain America will get killed off in Infinity Wars or at the end of it?

I think ideally they'd want to keep Robert Downey Jr forever but he's expressed interest in exiting and his salary for each film is astronomical. That being said...Disney can afford it.

I heard a rumor that there could have been multiple endings to Civil War filmed. One where Cap lives, and one where he doesn't. I kinda like the latter idea because then you could have Dr Strange bring him back in Infiniti War to save the day, though that would be yet another bait and switch by Marvel where a character dies but is later not dead. How many times have they killed Nick Fury?

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Black Widow may be the one to change sides. Also looks like they are indeed making Scarlet Witch out to be as powerful as she is in the comics.

It looked like she was giving Vision a little more than he could handle.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it too. A Stark tech explanation would make sense.
If that is the case, then there really should be some reason for the facial expressions. Adding something like that to his suit because of "reasons" would be eye-rolling.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the direction the Russos are going with this.

The Avengers still holds water as Marvel's best, but that's only because of the epic feeling of seeing all of them unite together for the first time.

In my opinion, Winter Soldier was Marvel's best film and it's looking like Civil War will take that crown in May. The Russos have promised a darker tone and to touch on themes in this film that other Marvel films have not. I'm cautiously optimistic because Age of Ultron's trailers indicated a darker tone and a great villain but it turned out to be another formulaic Marvel film. Which isn't necessarily bad, but it'd be nice if they shot for greatness rather than play it safe with good and entertaining.

I trust the Russos though and with them directing Infinity Wars as well we can expect something great.

GOTG and the first Iron Man were also VERY good Marvel movies. Top 3, IMO.