• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so let down with IM3. let to believe the Mandarin to be that guy only to be paid with beer to pose as him. I am sure I left out good details, but I couldn't believe what I was watching. It was more of a joke than a serious movie.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so let down with IM3. let to believe the Mandarin to be that guy only to be paid with beer to pose as him. I am sure I left out good details, but I couldn't believe what I was watching. It was more of a joke than a serious movie.
Yeah, they dropped the ball with how the Mandarin was portrayed. Instead of him and Killian being in it together, he was just a face.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got these 4 as the cream of the crop (in order)

The Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man

Then there's a big gap in quality

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: First Avenger
Thor 2
The Incredible Hulk (Wish Edward Norton was still the Banner/Hulk)
Antman
Thor
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2

It's crazy that the first Iron Man was an instant classic and arguably the most important Marvel film because it gave birth to the Marvel Universe and then after that they have totally botched every Iron Man film despite having one of the best leads you can have in a Superhero film

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer from Marvel's official channel (instead of third-party, so will have more comments and be less likely to be taken down):

Dat

I came. Thrice.

Spiderman looks a bit poopy right now, but hopefully they're going to touch that up before the film gets fully released.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Cage coming to Netflix this September
luke-cage-in-jessica-jones-170465.jpg
(Photo: Marvel Entertainment)
Star Michael Colter has revealed that Marvel's next Defenders series, Luke Cage, will premiere on Netflix on Sept. 30.

Colter made the announcement from the red carpet of last night’s premiere of Daredevil Season 2.

“Its going to be action packed from the beginning to the very end. Trust me,” Colter said. “Daredevil premieres March 18, and I will see the fans on September 30.”

Luke Cage is the third of Marvel’s Defenders series. The show sees Colter’s ex-con hero, who debuted inMarvel’s Jessica Jones, move to Harlem, we’re he’ll have to deal with villains like Cottonmouth and Black Mariah.

Luke Cage stars Colter, Mahershala Ali, Alfre Woodard, Simone Missick, Theo Rossi, Frank Whaley, and Sonia Braga. The series is was developed by showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished rewatching DD S1. Netflix REALLY has to work on the pacing of their shows. The season was great, but it was slow.

As was Bloodline.

As was Jessica Jones.

So at the very end, did Karen figure it out? How? She looked like she figured it out as Matt took her hand to go back into the office. I went back to watch the scene in ep 1 where he saved her in her apartment, and I didn't see any similar gesture.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot how much I loved this scene of Jor El talking to Kal when he learns to fly.

Snyder's eye for the visual spectacle and the cinematography in his film is unmatched by anyone. There's a lot of breathtaking scenes in Man of Steel. The problem was the dialogue from David Goyer. Which is why I'm glad Chris Terio took over for Batman v Superman and The Justice League.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they dropped the ball with how the Mandarin was portrayed. Instead of him and Killian being in it together, he was just a face.

For all the good that Marvel has done, that's the one flaw that has held back some of its film from being great.

So far the best villains have been in Cap's films. Red Skull and Winter Soldier.

Ultron had so much potential early on and Mandarin looked like the real deal in the trailers.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AmberHeardMera.jpg

Amber Heard
confirmed to ET yesterday that she has been cast as Mera, the wife of Aquaman (played by Jason Momoa) in 2017’s Justice League: Part One and 2018’s Aquaman. Amber wouldn’t say much about her role as Mera, but she did talk a bit about her costume.

“It’s interesting. It’s like, half suit of armor, half scales. It’s strange. We’re in the process of building it now, so it’s coming along.”

Aquaman.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came. Thrice.

Spiderman looks a bit poopy right now, but hopefully they're going to touch that up before the film gets fully released.
I love how Spiderman's MASK EYES DIALATE. It isn't like it its ON the mask and not his eyes or anything.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder's eye for the visual spectacle and the cinematography in his film is unmatched by anyone. There's a lot of breathtaking scenes in Man of Steel. The problem was the dialogue from David Goyer. Which is why I'm glad Chris Terio took over for Batman v Superman and The Justice League.
Early reviews are backing up my belief this movie will blow. Snyder will single-handedly ruin DC movies, the man needs to be stopped.

"A near-total drag, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice plays like a loose, unofficial quarter-billion-dollar remake of The Odd Couple, in which Oscar and Felix are literally trying to kill each other."

"As superhero spectacles go, Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a grand one, with a mondo-operatic climax and a final shot infused with quivering, exhilarating molecules of grace. It's also not much fun."

"Constantly threatening to collapse from self-seriousness, this epic has way too much of everything, including CGI and Oscar winners up the wazoo."

"In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel duke it out and the audience loses."

"If there's any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder's lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break."

Really agree with the last one. Hoping people boycott like myself.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reviews are backing up my belief this movie will blow. Snyder will single-handedly ruin DC movies, the man needs to be stopped.

"A near-total drag, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice plays like a loose, unofficial quarter-billion-dollar remake of The Odd Couple, in which Oscar and Felix are literally trying to kill each other."

"As superhero spectacles go, Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a grand one, with a mondo-operatic climax and a final shot infused with quivering, exhilarating molecules of grace. It's also not much fun."

"Constantly threatening to collapse from self-seriousness, this epic has way too much of everything, including CGI and Oscar winners up the wazoo."

"In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel duke it out and the audience loses."

"If there's any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder's lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break."

Really agree with the last one. Hoping people boycott like myself.
Exactly what I expected... I won't be seeing this in theaters.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I expected... I won't be seeing this in theaters.
I also heard exactly what I expected from another review, it focuses on setting up instead of being a good movie. Well NO SHIT! It is Batman vs Superman but don't forget to throw in Cyborg, Aquaman, and Wonderwoman to further and agenda for a billion movies leading up to a mediocre Justice League movie *cough Avengers cough*. Really crossing my fingers for a bust.