• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite series is Gotham.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to hear that an R-Rated Wolverine movie is on the way

If this is truly Hugh Jackman's last time putting on the adamantium claws it's only fitting that they do the character justice like they did with Deadpool.

Wolverine is a character tailor made for an R-Rated film. Can you imagine the type damage Wolverine can do with his adamantium claws without any restrictions set on him? Berserker barrage slashing his way through a group of bad guys. Claws through the sternum of his enemy. Head slicing slashes and gruesome kills with no remorse.

I want this final Wolverine story to drive Logan to his brink. It's like that quote from Fight Club "Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." I want the script writers to pen an emotional story to wrap up Hugh Jackman's journey as Wolverine.

Introduce like a young character that completely changes Logan's outlook on life. Have that be a huge impact on him and then strip it all away from him. Then have the third act be about Wolverine fueled by his rage and his willingness to sacrifice even himself for the sake of saving that particular character. It won't be Wolverine at his peak physically but it will be Wolverine at his strongest mentally. He is finally able to control his rage and channel it towards something significant because he now has a purpose.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan compiled all the Batman v Superman trailer footage in (roughly) chronological order...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is truly Hugh Jackman's last time putting on the adamantium claws it's only fitting that they do the character justice like they did with Deadpool.

Wolverine is a character tailor made for an R-Rated film. Can you imagine the type damage Wolverine can do with his adamantium claws without any restrictions set on him? Berserker barrage slashing his way through a group of bad guys. Claws through the sternum of his enemy. Head slicing slashes and gruesome kills with no remorse.

I want this final Wolverine story to drive Logan to his brink. It's like that quote from Fight Club "Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." I want the script writers to pen an emotional story to wrap up Hugh Jackman's journey as Wolverine.

Introduce like a young character that completely changes Logan's outlook on life. Have that be a huge impact on him and then strip it all away from him. Then have the third act be about Wolverine fueled by his rage and his willingness to sacrifice even himself for the sake of saving that particular character. It won't be Wolverine at his peak physically but it will be Wolverine at his strongest mentally. He is finally able to control his rage and channel it towards something significant because he now has a purpose.

The 2 best options from the source material IMO are either:

1) weapon x- the flashbacks were ok in the prior movies, but lets go all out. Getting the adamantium, breakout out, alpha force or whatever that canadian team was....all that shit.

or

2) enemy of the state- HIVE somehow brainwashed logan to become their weapon....he eventually breaks out and becomes a one man wreaking crew against their shit.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2 best options from the source material IMO are either:

1) weapon x- the flashbacks were ok in the prior movies, but lets go all out. Getting the adamantium, breakout out, alpha force or whatever that canadian team was....all that shit.

or

2) enemy of the state- HIVE somehow brainwashed logan to become their weapon....he eventually breaks out and becomes a one man wreaking crew against their shit.

3 words:

Old. Man. Logan.

I know they can't use a bunch of characters, The Hulk being the big one, but if they can make that happen, I'd be very happy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 words:

Old. Man. Logan.

I know they can't use a bunch of characters, The Hulk being the big one, but if they can make that happen, I'd be very happy.

They just did a crappy old man Logan story.

No more, please.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the director's cut of BVS is going to be an epic 3 hour + version of the film

The fact that the blu ray director's cut is going to be Rated R gives me assurance that Batman is going to whoop some serious ass in the film.

I just wish they released both the PG-13 and R-Rated version of the film in theaters. Do it like Tarantino did recently with the Hateful Eight where he released a special cut of the film with the 70mm and then the theatrical version after

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't imagine what an R rated BvS would look like. Gonna swear? Nope. Nudity? Nope. Gratuitous violence (beheadings, excessive blood, dome shots?) Nope. You can have a hell of a lot of violence in a PG-13 movie as it is.

To me this just sounds like riding the coattails of Deadpool and building hollow excitement the way dvd releases do with "Unrated cuts." 99% of them don't do a thing to improve the film as it was to begin with.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2016-2-24_14-42-38.jpeg

or

upload_2016-2-24_14-42-38.jpeg

well I fucked that up.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-24_14-42-6.jpeg
    upload_2016-2-24_14-42-6.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 16

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't imagine what an R rated BvS would look like. Gonna swear? Nope. Nudity? Nope. Gratuitous violence (beheadings, excessive blood, dome shots?) Nope. You can have a hell of a lot of violence in a PG-13 movie as it is.

To me this just sounds like riding the coattails of Deadpool and building hollow excitement the way dvd releases do with "Unrated cuts." 99% of them don't do a thing to improve the film as it was to begin with.

Well none of us will truly know until the director's cut is officially released. But Snyder's track record indicates that his films have always been in the R-Rated territory.

What I think is Snyder shot the film with the intention of it being an R-Rating and cut it to WB's desire to fit the PG-13 rating so BVS could make as much money as possible in the box office.

What is great about living in this age of technology and social media is that there will be reviews and break downs of every major blu ray release so we will know exactly what is added on the director's cut and viewers can make up their own mind whether or not it is worth the investment.

I'm leaning towards this director's cut being a longer cut of the film (20-30 mins longer) including scenes that Snyder had to cut out for the theatrical version to fit the PG-13 rating. If that is the case then I'm all over it.

If it's basically the same film with some added scenes or deleted scenes in the extras then it's a complete waste of money and I'm going to stay far away from it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards this director's cut being a longer cut of the film (20-30 mins longer) including scenes that Snyder had to cut out for the theatrical version to fit the PG-13 rating. If that is the case then I'm all over it.

This is my point though. What could they have possibly filmed that would have garnered an R rating? Not sex, not F bombs, not exploding heads... those things just don't fit Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman as characters. They'd be in there purely for shock effect rather than as a way to enhance the story, and in that case, they deserve to be cut out.

We'll find out, but I'm not putting much faith in BvS being any better as an R rated film compared to the theatrical version.