• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've kept Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor. I'm not sure you'll see a better portrayal.

The part I think I loved most about Smallville was how Lex was the example of the gray area. He's a classic tragic hero gone too far (excessive ambition, excessive search for knowledge/the truth, excessive pride).

I know that is how smallville portrayed him... But that was most popular portrayals too... Lex wasn't really evil, he just wanted to protect the world from the "WHAT IF" because Superman was too powerful... He goes too far of course, and becomes evil...

But I actually think Eisenberg can pull off the perfect lex... I really never had a problem with any of the castings, because I was able to see it... I just hope the writing is good enough to make the casting correct...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that is how smallville portrayed him... But that was most popular portrayals too... Lex wasn't really evil, he just wanted to protect the world from the "WHAT IF" because Superman was too powerful... He goes too far of course, and becomes evil...

But I actually think Eisenberg can pull off the perfect lex... I really never had a problem with any of the castings, because I was able to see it... I just hope the writing is good enough to make the casting correct...

Azzarello also wrote a comic short that portrayed Lex the same way.

It was really well done.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wasn't the only one who saw that ending coming on "Arrow" right?

Sorry, @Breed

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wasn't the only one who saw that ending coming on "Arrow" right?

Sorry, @Breed

Well they haven't decided whether or not to kill her off... if they don't kill her, then the ending wasn't really surprising...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they haven't decided whether or not to kill her off... if they don't kill her, then the ending wasn't really surprising...

The second she got that rock I was like....toast.

And it would be a pretty weird preview if they didn't kill her off.

They go back to the graveyard in the preview for the next episode...so someone is dying.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second she got that rock I was like....toast.

And it would be a pretty weird preview if they didn't kill her off.

They go back to the graveyard in the preview for the next episode...so someone is dying.
Do we know, 100% that he isn't at his mother or father's grave? What was said in the premier when Barry showed up? Was a funeral actually mentioned?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know, 100% that he isn't at his mother or father's grave? What was said in the premier when Barry showed up? Was a funeral actually mentioned?

I actually thought that that was a great episode... With that said, I HATE when a show ends with a bang(literally here), but then opens it up for a total retraction... What is the point of the ending if She doesn't die... they already made the point that episode by kidnapping Oliver's loved ones and almost killed them in the gas chamber...

I wish they just made it clear she died in that episode... Which I thought they did... Why show previews where they are rushing her to the hospital???

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Gives Pilot Order to DC Comics Powerless

dc-comics-logo.jpg
The DC Comics based comedy Powerless is moving forward at NBC, with a pilot order now issued for the series, TVLine first reported. NBC previously made a pilot production commitment in August 2015, but is now officially green lighting the production and filming of a pilot episode.

The show takes place firmly in the DC Universe, but don't expect to see Superman and Batman fighting Doomsday out in the streets (that's reserved for the big screen). Instead, the show, being developed by Ben Queen, is more like a cross between The Office and a superhero universe. It centers on an insurance company that specializes in insuring and fixing the wreckage in the aftermath of DC's superpowered battles. Their titular status is also a focus - imagine actually being a regular joe in a world of superpowers - you'd probably feel a bit of envy, too.

NBC also ordered three other comedy pilots, one from Marlon Wayans, and two from alums of 30 Rock.

The idea behind Powerless has never directly been done, but Marvel Comics, DC's chief competition, has had a series and group called "Damage Control" who are a construction company that fixes the aftermath of superheroic battles. NBC last teamed with WBTV and DC Entertainment on the single season of Constantine.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought that that was a great episode... With that said, I HATE when a show ends with a bang(literally here), but then opens it up for a total retraction... What is the point of the ending if She doesn't die... they already made the point that episode by kidnapping Oliver's loved ones and almost killed them in the gas chamber...

I wish they just made it clear she died in that episode... Which I thought they did... Why show previews where they are rushing her to the hospital???

This is why i thought the grave scene is the mom and it is a flash back he is thinking of as he sees Felicity on the doctor's table thinking it can't happen again...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New image for Suicide Squad.

suicide-squad.jpg

I have a feeling they're gonna cheap Deadshot(Smith) out of his mask the entire movie, to make it seem like, ''Hey, we have Will Smith in this movie + other people'' and that is going to annoy me. He doesn't spend much of his time out of his mask.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to see this, but it looks stupid.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've loved what I've seen from Deadpool so far, and their marketing has been funny and clever. However, they just took it up a notch into the genius trolling level. This is an actual billboard for Deadpool, a filthy, brutally violent, sarcastic comic book movie, that is in LA right now:

deadpool-rom-com-banner.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New image for Suicide Squad.

View attachment 76092

I have a feeling they're gonna cheap Deadshot(Smith) out of his mask the entire movie, to make it seem like, ''Hey, we have Will Smith in this movie + other people'' and that is going to annoy me. He doesn't spend much of his time out of his mask.

if members heads blow up I will enjoy it... The gorier the better..

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if members heads blow up I will enjoy it... The gorier the better..

Well I think it's getting a PG-13 rating, so not sure we will get that much gore. Unlike Deadpool on the other hand, which got an R-rating!!!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've loved what I've seen from Deadpool so far, and their marketing has been funny and clever. However, they just took it up a notch into the genius trolling level. This is an actual billboard for Deadpool, a filthy, brutally violent, sarcastic comic book movie, that is in LA right now:

View attachment 76495

They are doing GREAT with all the Deadpool advertising. Reynolds was born for this role, the Merc even says it himself in the comics.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it's getting a PG-13 rating, so not sure we will get that much gore. Unlike Deadpool on the other hand, which got an R-rating!!!

BOOOOO!!!! there is no reason the suicide squad should be PG13... it should be R... I mean the whole premise of them is R rated... they are villains who are hostages by the government and forced into black ops missions... if you don't want to obey, your head blows up... HOW IS THIS NOT RATED R???

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOOOO!!!! there is no reason the suicide squad should be PG13... it should be R... I mean the whole premise of them is R rated... they are villains who are hostages by the government and forced into black ops missions... if you don't want to obey, your head blows up... HOW IS THIS NOT RATED R???

You're preaching to the choir here, brother. I know this! I'm with you.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are doing GREAT with all the Deadpool advertising. Reynolds was born for this role, the Merc even says it himself in the comics.
I am getting more and more excited for this one. Marvel REALLY knows what they are doing with their movies (F4 being the exception that proves the rule).

But I am interested to see if they do ANYTHING with Origins: Wolverine in this flick. I have a sense they will toss it away in a 4th-wall dropping joke. No other way to really handle it, since it appears this is supposed to take place in the X-verse.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting more and more excited for this one. Marvel REALLY knows what they are doing with their movies (F4 being the exception that proves the rule).

But I am interested to see if they do ANYTHING with Origins: Wolverine in this flick. I have a sense they will toss it away in a 4th-wall dropping joke. No other way to really handle it, since it appears this is supposed to take place in the X-verse.

I blame Fox for F4, not Marvel. None of the F4 movies have been good, all 3 have sucked big time.

I'm sure it will get made fun of, but quickly forgotten.