• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tone we see from Captain America: Civil War makes me really excited. But my excitement is a little bit tempered because Age of Ultron's early trailers were dark and serious too and outside of the first 20 mins it was the same Marvel formula.

I will say though, Marvel's best solo films in terms of story telling and character development have been the Captain America movies. This could end up being the best film Marvel releases.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also new footage/trailer for Batman v Superman will be shown tomorrow during the finale of Gotham.

I don't watch the show but I'm going to tune in tomorrow to see the new trailer (since MNF has one of the worst match ups of the year). Been impatiently waiting for new stuff since the Comic Con trailer came out what 4-5 months ago.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa! A lot to dissect and speculate with this little snippet we got to see.

Is it just a nightmare/dream sequence depicting Batman's greatest fear of what Superman COULD potentially become?

Or is it a vision from the mind of Wonder Woman projecting the future if Batman and Superman don't find a way to resolve their beef. Batman becomes a terrorist and Superman becomes a tyrant with an army backing him.

...OR is Lex Luthor controlling/manipulating Superman and Batman against each other. Playing mind games with Batman and convincing him that Superman is a threat that he should fear. Manipulating the public and convincing congress and the people to turn on Superman which makes Supes for the first time question where he stands with the people and whether or not they deserve his service.

And while they are involved in their conflict, Luthor is secretly uncovering Zod's DNA and using it to create Doomsday, Brainiac or simply resurrecting Zod. Wonder Woman comes into play as the mediator and creates peace between Bats and Supes. But when they realize who the real bad guy is, Lex has already finished his master plan (Doomsday or Brainiac) and the story line sets up the pieces to start Justice League Part 1.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope that would be doomsday and not brainiac... I don't think I want brainiac to be man made by lex luthor... Doomsday just fits more IMO...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part one of the Flash-Arrow team up episode was AMAZING!!! And there is a new show coming from it... For superhero/comic geeks like me this is just great news... Very excited...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part one of the Flash-Arrow team up episode was AMAZING!!! And there is a new show coming from it... For superhero/comic geeks like me this is just great news... Very excited...
They could have done a better job casting Hawk Girl, though. That chick is heinous.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here it is:

Gotta say I'm disappointed. The Batman vs Superman scenes look cool and I'm still looking forward to them, but the semi light heartedness of a lot of this trailer kinda turned me off. Lex meeting Bruce and Clark was dumb, the music was really uninspiring (just the trailer, who cares really), and I hate that they completely ruined the big event for the 3rd act. Why? The trailer should have ended at the roar.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god, those clips with Lex Luthor were cringeworthy.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here it is:

Gotta say I'm disappointed. The Batman vs Superman scenes look cool and I'm still looking forward to them, but the semi light heartedness of a lot of this trailer kinda turned me off. Lex meeting Bruce and Clark was dumb, the music was really uninspiring (just the trailer, who cares really), and I hate that they completely ruined the big event for the 3rd act. Why? The trailer should have ended at the roar.

This is how I see it

The teaser showed us the tone they're trying to set for the film (dark, serious, character driven)

The Comic Con trailer was cut specifically to please the die hard fans. Continuing to show the tone they're trying to establish, Batman's motives to go after Supes, and what the core of the film is going to be about (Batman's conflict with Supes)

Now this trailer is technically the first official trailer and it is intended for the wider audience. Like it or not but at the end of the day WB has to market to the mass audience as well and not just to us die hards. The tone is still consistent with what we expect from DC but I actually like the fact that there is some light heartedness and fun elements to the film outside of the grim and serious tone they've established. Remember Nolan's films had its comedic moments too.

Supes: "Is she with you?"
Batman: "No, I thought she was with you"

That's classic Batman-Superman dialogue you'd expect from the comics and animated series

Lex...he is far from your traditional Lex but I respect Eisenberg's acting abilities and Terrio's writing enough to give this new take on the character a chance. I actually find his character interesting. His comedic timing is on point and he has some of the best lines in the 3 trailers we've seen.

" Devils don't come from hell beneath us, no they come from the sky"
"The Red Capes are coming"

Lois: "You're psychotic"
Lex: "That's a 3 syllable word for any thought too big for little minds"

As for Doomsday...yeah I'd much prefer it if they kept him secretly under wraps until the film released but I don't think it completely ruins the third act at all. We all knew that there was another big bad in this film and many have speculated Doomsday the moment we saw Zod's dead body. Remember this incarnation of Doomsday that we see in the trailer is likely his first form. I predict he takes on at least a couple more forms as he grows stronger and stronger in battle.

Plus revealing Doomsday allowed WB to show us the trinity together for the first time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this trailer brought about more questions and red flags than the Comic Con trailer did but let's dive in to some of the great things this trailer showed us

1) Clark and Bruce's back and forth banter
- The dialogue between the two is well written and a big improvement over Man of Steel. Can't wait to see more verbal jabs from these two icons
Screenshot_15_5.jpg

2) Ben Affleck IS Batman
- Ben and Snyder have really hit it out the park with this one. Ben looks the part as an older Bruce, the Bat suit is absolutely perfect, and the bat voice is clear and intimidating.
Screenshot_59_0.jpg

3) Batman vs Superman fights are going to be legendary
- Bane vs Batman (sewer fight), Cap vs Bucky, and Spidey vs Doc Ock are my three favorite fights in Superhero films. From what we've seen so far in the trailers, the fights between Batman and Supes may go down as the best fight in comic book history.
Screenshot_78.jpg

4) Batman is bad ass but so is Supes

- Alfred: "You're gonna go to war..."
- Bruce: "That son of a bitch brought the war to us"

- Supes: "Stay down! If I wanted it, you'd be dead already"

Screenshot_82.jpg
Screenshot_68.jpg
Screenshot_85.jpg

5) The Trinity
- As a fan I got goosebumps seeing this. I love how Supes is standing there exuding with so much confidence while Wonder Woman and Batman are in their fighting stances showing how experience and battle tested they are.
Screenshot_129.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a trailer for Deadpool in the theaters yesterday that was very PG compared to the original trailer released at comicon. Makes me wonder if they are planning on watering it down to widen the target audience. That would be such a shame considering Deadpool was, and is, in every sense of the word vulgar. I was very excited to see it, but if they go the PG route then I'll probably be very disappointed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... The casting is very suspect for this movie. I'm not a fan of Affleck, Eisenberg, or Adams at all. But I'll still be giving it a chance.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a trailer for Deadpool in the theaters yesterday that was very PG compared to the original trailer released at comicon. Makes me wonder if they are planning on watering it down to widen the target audience. That would be such a shame considering Deadpool was, and is, in every sense of the word vulgar. I was very excited to see it, but if they go the PG route then I'll probably be very disappointed.

Deadpool is reported to be a R rated film. If that's true, they're going to have to keep the R rated content on the redband trailers or shown at R rated movies. If it's PG-13 movies they're showing previews,etc.... they'll have to keep the F bombs and R rated material out with cleaned up trailers, etc.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... The casting is very suspect for this movie. I'm not a fan of Affleck, Eisenberg, or Adams at all. But I'll still be giving it a chance.

I agree. I think Eisenberg is a miserable human being and very overated actor. Playing Lex will be the easiest gig he'll ever have since all he has to do is act like the same douschbag he is in real life.

Affleck makes me want to vomit as well. Very disappointed they went with him and to make matters worse, I heard WB has basically thrown him the keys to the batmobile and he's going to be heavily in charge of the production for the new batman movie, and acting as Batman in it, that will be coming out around 2017.

But besides that, I do like how WB is developing this quickly for the Justice League movie. I also like the darker approach and how much more bigger their going with their superheros by size. Comes across less campy. Like the look.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadpool is reported to be a R rated film. If that's true, they're going to have to keep the R rated content on the redband trailers or shown at R rated movies. If it's PG-13 movies they're showing previews,etc.... they'll have to keep the F bombs and R rated material out with cleaned up trailers, etc.....
Yea I really hope they keep it R... The movie I went to was rated PG-13 (Krampus).

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Knight returns is one of the most overrated, nonsensical ramblings ever. And yet they're trying to steal off that to create part of this movie.

Bleh.

Too many characters without a enough time.

And when are we getting DARKSEID...aka the villain BORN for the big screen.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was finally able to locate Crossbones in the CA- CW trailer.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Eisenberg is a miserable human being and very overated actor. Playing Lex will be the easiest gig he'll ever have since all he has to do is act like the same douschbag he is in real life.

Affleck makes me want to vomit as well. Very disappointed they went with him and to make matters worse, I heard WB has basically thrown him the keys to the batmobile and he's going to be heavily in charge of the production for the new batman movie, and acting as Batman in it, that will be coming out around 2017.

But besides that, I do like how WB is developing this quickly for the Justice League movie. I also like the darker approach and how much more bigger their going with their superheros by size. Comes across less campy. Like the look.

They should've kept Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor. I'm not sure you'll see a better portrayal.

The part I think I loved most about Smallville was how Lex was the example of the gray area. He's a classic tragic hero gone too far (excessive ambition, excessive search for knowledge/the truth, excessive pride).