• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arent Harley and deadshot the 2 main recurring members of the suicide squad... I know most members get their head blown off first...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly don't know a ton about him either, but I imagine the strength of his mind control is probably the only similarity to Professor X. He's a sick, twisted, evil person who uses people to do his bidding, keeps them as mental slaves for periods of time, and when he's done, is not afraid to have them kill themselves. He's definitely not a soft, kid friendly villain. What I like about that is how dark and graphic they went with Kingpin in Daredevil,(that car door scene) who, while menacing and powerful, is not as evil and twisted as Purple Man. I think some shit will go down in Jessica Jones.

From what I've gathered, his mind control ability is not based on a purely psychic ability of his mind. Probably something to do with his skin appearance, but his skin releases a type of pheromone that when he's in close quarters with people, like a room or walking by them, then it allows him to command them to do whatever he says. So he can't do this from long distances using his mind like Xavier could. It also appears that while the effects can eventually wear off, he can implant fake memories in your head like truly believing someone is dead, even if they're right in front of you alive.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't bad... Took some liberties, we knew it would... Nothing too painful yet... Biggest problem was some really lame writing, especially with the sister... And telling the boy she was supergirl right away seemed forced... But that's what a pilot is... Lets see if it can become a decent show...

Thing they probably should have explained is why Superman didn't help get rid of this army... I mean you would think if a kryptonian bad guys are just walking earth, superman would have been the first defense...

I watched this, and I have little grounding in the DC universe beyond what everybody knows. So I'm curious, is SG invulnerable or not? They seemed to want to have their cake and eat it too. She can't be hit by bullets, but can by axes? Whether she's invulnerable or not depends on her self image? How much she 'wants it?'

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this, and I have little grounding in the DC universe beyond what everybody knows. So I'm curious, is SG invulnerable or not? They seemed to want to have their cake and eat it too. She can't be hit by bullets, but can by axes? Whether she's invulnerable or not depends on her self image? How much she 'wants it?'

the axe was a kryptonian weapon, and it looked like it was powered by the red son... I didn't even question that, you got to assume, with the strange liability they took with this kryptonian army, that their weapons are strong enough to hurt or kill each other...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the axe was a kryptonian weapon, and it looked like it was powered by the red son... I didn't even question that, you got to assume, with the strange liability they took with this kryptonian army, that their weapons are strong enough to hurt or kill each other...
That was my take on it as well. However, how did the government agency create a dart that was able to pierce her skin to deliver the Kryptonite that knocked her out?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my take on it as well. However, how did the government agency create a dart that was able to pierce her skin to deliver the Kryptonite that knocked her out?

close encounter to kryptonite weakens them no matter what, even if it is as fast as a bullet... really the question there is not how the darts affected her, but how someone who is faster than a speeding bullet couldn't even see or sense the dart...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SG had the highest opening episode for ratings for any of the fall shows. That's got to be a win for DC and those involved in the show.

At the same time, we'll see if they can maintain a big enough audience to sustain it past a season. The majority of viewers comments on blogs and reviews are all in agreement that the love triangle thing was stupid and utterly unnecessary. Same with casting an alpha male who looks like a fitness model as Jimmy Olsen. And with obsessively pointing out in every scene that she's a "female".

Episode 1 was also sloppily presented. They tried to pack way too much storyline and back story into 45 minutes.

Again the key will be the ratings next week and on.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SG had the highest opening episode for ratings for any of the fall shows. That's got to be a win for DC and those involved in the show.

At the same time, we'll see if they can maintain a big enough audience to sustain it past a season. The majority of viewers comments on blogs and reviews are all in agreement that the love triangle thing was stupid and utterly unnecessary. Same with casting an alpha male who looks like a fitness model as Jimmy Olsen. And with obsessively pointing out in every scene that she's a "female".

Episode 1 was also sloppily presented. They tried to pack way too much storyline and back story into 45 minutes.

Again the key will be the ratings next week and on.

I don't mind the casting on jimmy olson, especially since the comics did have Supergirl and Jimmy olson dating(at least in some adaptions)... If you are going to have a strong female lead, you have to at least semi target female audiences in this is how to do it... Sucks for us who would rather have a supergirl without a beauty mark above her eyebrow, and one that is slightly better looking(she is decent)...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any word on a new Deadpool trailer coming out any time in the next month or two? Can't wait to see that movie.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any word on a new Deadpool trailer coming out any time in the next month or two? Can't wait to see that movie.

Ryan Reynolds just returned to do some reshoots but I'll assume new trailer late Nov or early Dec when big movies are coming out.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other thing about super girl the show... They missed on a great opportunity to change the origin of superman too... They could have done the hole candor stolen by brainiac... Especially because thats where super girls parents are... too bad they went directly to a story line that makes little sense...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other thing about super girl the show... They missed on a great opportunity to change the origin of superman too... They could have done the hole candor stolen by brainiac... Especially because thats where super girls parents are... too bad they went directly to a story line that makes little sense...
This show has gotten bad FAST. In the pilot, they establish that they are following the traditional story that the "S" is not, actually, an "S".

So what happens within the first 10 minutes of this episode?

"maybe I was too quick to put on the 'S'"

And, a bit later...

"I have seen what happens when someone takes on the 'S'"

However, those pants she wore after the "fight" with her sister almost made it worth it.

And her fappening pics were some of the best pics to be released.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was posted here or not, but did anyone read the theory that Batman v Superman exists in the same universe as Nolan's trilogy? Basically, Affleck is Slade as Batman and Joker is Joseph Gordon Levitt's Robin after being turned.

The article reads and looks like a typical conspiracy theory website, complete with pictures covered in MS Paint drawn arrows pointing to things that are already obvious and creating connections between things that are a huge stretch. However, a few parts of it kind of make sense and could be plausible and that makes me nervous.

I don't think any of it is going to be true, but I can't help but feel this nagging worry that someone in charge of creating this movie wanted to throw in some twist that is going to piss me off.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show has gotten bad FAST. In the pilot, they establish that they are following the traditional story that the "S" is not, actually, an "S".

So what happens within the first 10 minutes of this episode?

"maybe I was too quick to put on the 'S'"

And, a bit later...

"I have seen what happens when someone takes on the 'S'"

However, those pants she wore after the "fight" with her sister almost made it worth it.

And her fappening pics were some of the best pics to be released.

I agree that this episode was just horrible... Really disappointed in it, they could have done so much with it... Super Girl is one of the best Heroes of the DC universe...

I disagree with you about the annoyance of the 'S". Yes the 'S" was originally the family crest, but once worn by Superman it became a symbol... and the symbol really was called an 'S"... It also stood for SUPER... The 'S" became so much more than just a family crest...

I will give you that the actually lines were lame and cliché, but calling the symbol an 'S" is not taking away from the family crest...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was posted here or not, but did anyone read the theory that Batman v Superman exists in the same universe as Nolan's trilogy? Basically, Affleck is Slade as Batman and Joker is Joseph Gordon Levitt's Robin after being turned.

The article reads and looks like a typical conspiracy theory website, complete with pictures covered in MS Paint drawn arrows pointing to things that are already obvious and creating connections between things that are a huge stretch. However, a few parts of it kind of make sense and could be plausible and that makes me nervous.

I don't think any of it is going to be true, but I can't help but feel this nagging worry that someone in charge of creating this movie wanted to throw in some twist that is going to piss me off.

I don't remember slade becoming batman or Robin becoming joker in the Nolan trilogy universe... Although, I have seen that in some batman adaptations tim Drake becomes the joker... Never saw a version where slade becomes batman...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember slade becoming batman or Robin becoming joker in the Nolan trilogy universe... Although, I have seen that in some batman adaptations tim Drake becomes the joker... Never saw a version where slade becomes batman...

He's not saying Nolan's films featured that, but that in the BvS universe, which is the same universe as Nolan's, Christian Bale is still Bruce Wayne and Slade played by Affleck has taken up the mantle. He cited some comic where Deathstroke is Batman, but I don't read many comic books.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that Supergirl is trying to target female viewers to add to the ratings, but the amount of feminist crap is so over the top, it's painful to watch.

Especially because it's all the lazy fenimist cliches pushed by the entertainment industry these days.

99.9% of men are greedy selfish scheming aholes who seek to use, exploit, and control women. Check.
"Sisterly love" is the true path to happiness, not female/male relationships. Check.
Love triangle that puts the female in the power position. Check.
They of course end up with the alpha male hunk, but they'll still be able to control all the shots and dictate all relationship terms because "he's a bit of a fixer upper.." Check.
Girl power. Check.
Women preaching about just wanting equality. Check. (but it's achieved by bashing and demonizing males). Check.

It's sad they've had to jam all this feminist crap into this show because the concept was solid and it could be so much better without all these cliches.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that Supergirl is trying to target female viewers to add to the ratings, but the amount of feminist crap is so over the top, it's painful to watch.

Especially because it's all the lazy fenimist cliches pushed by the entertainment industry these days.

99.9% of men are greedy selfish scheming aholes who seek to use, exploit, and control women. Check.
"Sisterly love" is the true path to happiness, not female/male relationships. Check.
Love triangle that puts the female in the power position. Check.
They of course end up with the alpha male hunk, but they'll still be able to control all the shots and dictate all relationship terms because "he's a bit of a fixer upper.." Check.
Girl power. Check.
Women preaching about just wanting equality. Check. (but it's achieved by bashing and demonizing males). Check.

It's sad they've had to jam all this feminist crap into this show because the concept was solid and it could be so much better without all these cliches.
I am only giving it one more ep to keep me. All you mentioned bothers me, but what REALLY gets me is the horrible acting, bad stunts and worse costumes. That fight between SG and her Aunt was so poorly choreographed that all I could see was the cables they were hanging from.

The pilot was maybe a 6/10, but the follow up was a 2/10. The only redeeming part of the entire episode was the pants she wore after sparing with her sis. Those were nice pants...