• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Critics are savaging it. It's currently a terrible 16% on Rotten Tomatoes, compared to the 70%+ of recent MCU films.

I love the Fantastic Four (the superteam and the comics, not this particular movie) ... which is why I want this film to bomb as miserably as possible so that Fox will give the rights back to Marvel Studios, so that we can finally get a properly-done Fantastic Four film in the MCU, instead of the crap that Fox has been consistently putting out on the FF. Between the 2005 and 2007 films and now this one, it's clear that Fox has no idea how to adapt the FF properly. Please, please, please fail horribly at the box office, so there's a chance that the rights can revert to Marvel.

Ha currently down to 10% and I couldn't agree with you more. This was just another movie that was made in order to keep the rights to the franchise. I don't think there was every any doubt this thing wasn't going to blow. From the casting to the terrible CGI in the trailers to the obvious pandering to the young "hip" crowd.

Bad news is if this goes the way of Daredevil we're going to have to wait another 10 years before Marvel can do anything.

It's down another tick to 9% now on RottenTomatoes, and opening weekend reports are putting it at $26.2 million for the weekend, which is basically bombing: worse than both previous big-budget FF films, worse than any MCU film, worst of any Marvel-property film since Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, whose rights did return to Marvel Studios after that film failed.

Couple articles on the possibilities of FF rights reversion to Marvel Studios: one from months ago, and one new article.

Last edited:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF was just terrible. You can read my opinion I posted in this FF thread. It's one of those movies that makes you angry & want to throw up your hands saying "wtf is this?".

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just amazed at how many Super Hero movies are coming out live vs. animated.

DC is creating some really awesome animated movies though.

Batman: Under the Hood, Justice League: Doom, Superman vs. the Elite, All-Star Superman are all top notch.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Deadpool's good and is extremely successful, it can possibly make studios more inclined to consider r-rated superhero movies. If it wasn't for the internet Deadpool wouldn't have been made.

Yeah, I'm talking about Spawn. You can't make a good PG-13 Spawn.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Deadpool's good and is extremely successful, it can possibly make studios more inclined to consider r-rated superhero movies. If it wasn't for the internet Deadpool wouldn't have been made.

Yeah, I'm talking about Spawn. You can't make a good PG-13 Spawn.

I hope so too. McFarlane has said Spawn will be R rated. :yes:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting info on the DC universe and plans for it's movies coming next year and in the future.

The idea of Miller directing one of the projects would be a potential coup if it's the right one.

Warner Bros. has officially scheduled a full slate of DC Comics films, which will be released between 2016 and 2020. In addition to two Justice League movies, the plan also includes solo outings for everyone from Wonder Woman to Cyborg. The studio has stated that they intend to release a standalone Batman film and a proper sequel to Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel Henry Cavill’s Superman within the next five years.

Excitement for the next Kal-El solo outing increased exponentially when the rumored emerged that Mad Max: Fury Roadhelmsman George Miller is lining up to direct Man of Steel 2. However, if a new report is to be believed, that project may not be moving forward in the immediate future.

Den of Geek is reporting that while WB remains interested in bringing Miller on board to make a DC film, which film he would make remains up in the air – as Miller will (presumably) take whichever film interests him the most. Meanwhile, the proposed Man of Steel 2 is said to be on “permanent hold,” though Den of Geek‘s sources didn’t elaborate beyond that.

It could be that Man of Steel 2 is just not a priority for WB/DC right now; after all, they still have a lot of marketing to do for the 2016 releases Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, at the same time that Wonder Womanand Justice League Part One will enter production. Man of Steel 2 isn’t expected to reach theaters any earlier than 2018, so it may simply be on the back-burner right now.

That Man of Steel 2 is described as being on “hold” and not “canceled” also signals that WB still plans to make the film (eventually). The biggest roadblock at this juncture is probably scheduling and logistics; WB is releasing two DC films per year, and that’s without including either Man of Steel 2 or Ben Affleck’s Batman solo film.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice opens on March 25th, 2016; Suicide Squad on August 5th, 2016; Wonder Woman on June 23rd, 2017; Justice League on November 17th, 2017; The Flash on March 23rd, 2018; Aquaman on July 27th, 2018; Shazam on April 5th, 2019; Justice League 2 on June 14th, 2019; Cyborg on April 3rd, 2020; Green Lantern Corps on June 19th, 2020. Dates for the untitled Batman solo movie and Man of Steel 2 have yet to be announced.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give SG a chance, but...

This will be the third DC TV universe going at the same time, with a fourth universe occurring in the theaters.

Why not get organized?

I know that Marvel has 3 universes going right now (MCU, F4 and X), but with the exception of Quicksilver, there is no character crossover. And the MCU is absorbing the other universes, slowly but surely (Spidey, YAY!!). Besides, the three Marvel universes all have very different feels. The DC Universes all feel like just a different medium telling the same basic story with the same basic characters.

I just feel DC will end up collapsing due to all the competing noise.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give SG a chance, but...

This will be the third DC TV universe going at the same time, with a fourth universe occurring in the theaters.

Why not get organized?

I know that Marvel has 3 universes going right now (MCU, F4 and X), but with the exception of Quicksilver, there is no character crossover. And the MCU is absorbing the other universes, slowly but surely (Spidey, YAY!!). Besides, the three Marvel universes all have very different feels. The DC Universes all feel like just a different medium telling the same basic story with the same basic characters.

I just feel DC will end up collapsing due to all the competing noise.

The simple answer is DC is Warner Bros and Marvel is Marvel Studios (Disregarding Fox and Sony in this convo).

All the TV shows and Cinematic movies are in the same Marvel universe because they are all produced by the same entity. As one studio they are able to create a big map and plan for their shows and films.

The DC tv shows are all over the place and produced by different studios. DC Cinematic universe is Warner Bros.

WB does not want their vision of their DC Universe to be constrained by mediocre TV shows. To be honest, it's cool that Marvel has their TV shows connected with their Cinematic universe, but it's not like it is cleverly interwoven. There are subtle mentions and minor crossover characters but shows like The Shield are borderline average.

The only one worth watching is Dare Devil.

These Superhero TV shows provide some decent entertainment but for the most part the quality in production are nowhere near the level of what the films bring to the table.

I'm glad DC isn't trying to connect their films with the shows. They have their own vision of what they want to build with their DC universe and how they want to bring along Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Shazam, Black Adam, Cyborg, etc and eventually The Justice League.

I'm excited for DC's approach and the tone they are trying to establish with their films.

Also excited for what Fox has planned with X-Men, Deadpool and Gambit crossover in the near future once those solo films get released.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didn't like Agents of Shield in season 1 like most people. However, I got really bored over the Summer and powered through on Netflix. The end of season 1 and a lot of season 2 I actually enjoyed. The Inhumans story arc is pretty entertaining and season 3 is off to a good start. It still has some issues, but the show has become something much more interesting since it was new.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Vin Diesel put out a quote or something recently and it looks like he's going to be Blackbolt in the Inhumans movie. Not bad casting at all actually. Funny that he'll be Groot, where they only use his voice for 3 words and also Blackbolt, where he will barely speak at all.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight is the premier for Supergirl... I hope this is good, and I hope that they don't make SUCH a big deal that it is a female superhero... the trailers of course make the point every time they could that it was a female being the superhero...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight is the premier for Supergirl... I hope this is good, and I hope that they don't make SUCH a big deal that it is a female superhero... the trailers of course make the point every time they could that it was a female being the superhero...
I will watch it, but my expectations are Superlow. This looks like a train wreck.

Every time I see an ad, all I can think is "You go, Girl!"

As opposed to Jessica Jones, that looks like it will be totally kick ass.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch it, but my expectations are Superlow. This looks like a train wreck.

Every time I see an ad, all I can think is "You go, Girl!"

As opposed to Jessica Jones, that looks like it will be totally kick ass.

It wasn't bad... Took some liberties, we knew it would... Nothing too painful yet... Biggest problem was some really lame writing, especially with the sister... And telling the boy she was supergirl right away seemed forced... But that's what a pilot is... Lets see if it can become a decent show...

Thing they probably should have explained is why Superman didn't help get rid of this army... I mean you would think if a kryptonian bad guys are just walking earth, superman would have been the first defense...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't bad... Took some liberties, we knew it would... Nothing too painful yet... Biggest problem was some really lame writing, especially with the sister... And telling the boy she was supergirl right away seemed forced... But that's what a pilot is... Lets see if it can become a decent show...

Thing they probably should have explained is why Superman didn't help get rid of this army... I mean you would think if a kryptonian bad guys are just walking earth, superman would have been the first defense...
Definitely better than what I was expecting, but it was still closer to bad than it was to good. The acting, in particular was embarrassing.

I did like her first Supergirl outfit, though. They should have stuck with that one. The replacement just looks like a bad Halloween costume.

Agree about Superman's basic omission. The baddies from the Phantom Zone are not just a National City issue. They are an Earth issue. Why isnt he taking point on the problem?

And I still think Jessica Jones looks like it will be at least 100x better.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely better than what I was expecting, but it was still closer to bad than it was to good. The acting, in particular was embarrassing.

I did like her first Supergirl outfit, though. They should have stuck with that one. The replacement just looks like a bad Halloween costume.

Agree about Superman's basic omission. The baddies from the Phantom Zone are not just a National City issue. They are an Earth issue. Why isnt he taking point on the problem?

And I still think Jessica Jones looks like it will be at least 100x better.

agreed!! the worst thing about that is that outfit was a reference to the comics... But since this is 2015 and she is the main character they want to cool off the sex appeal... to bad, because super girl should be AMAZING... did you notice the beauty mark near her eyebrows, super girl shouldn't have that...LOL...

And i agree about jessica Jones... Actually very excited about it... I am actually a fan of Ritter...