• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Suicide Squad stuff came out in the past couple of days

We get our first glimpse at The Joker and Dr. Harleen Quinzel (Harley Quinn) in Arkham Asylum

Harley%201_zpsvudhk62w.jpg Joker%201_zpszifo0ho1.jpg

Joker%202_zpsbcwgc3ie.jpg

This last pictures is after Dr. Harleen Quinzel becomes Harley Quinn. From the trailers most are guessing that Joker electroshocks her and puts her through something that completely alters her sense of sanity.

Harley%202_zpshh374hzf.jpg

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire also gave us a sneak preview at their upcoming covers

Cara Delevingne's Enchantress looks devilishly evil and sexy at the same time.

Leto's colorful attire and flashy touch to his outfit...that I'm still getting used to. I love his look in the Arkham Asylum pics with his white straight jacket. I think they nailed that part perfectly. A bit worried about the bright and flashy attire but we'll see how it all fits in the film and the tone and direction they are trying to achieve.

What's everyone's opinions on the new pics?

Jared-Leto-Empire-Clean.jpg

enchantress-empire-HD.jpg

Jared-Leto-Empire-HD.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know joker was part of the suicide squad... Knew Harley Quinn was, but am pretty sure Joker wasn't...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know joker was part of the suicide squad... Knew Harley Quinn was, but am pretty sure Joker wasn't...

Joker certainly isn't a part of the Suicide Squad but he in this film and a part of the story.

To my knowledge Joker might either be the main antagonist in the film or the person the suicide squad is trying to break out.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joker certainly isn't a part of the Suicide Squad but he in this film and a part of the story.

To my knowledge Joker might either be the main antagonist in the film or the person the suicide squad is trying to break out.

Good, hate when they take weird liberties... With harley Quinn part of the suicide squad, tying Joker in is easy... As we all know she is bats crazy for him... And yes that was a poor attempt for a pun...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empire also gave us a sneak preview at their upcoming covers

Cara Delevingne's Enchantress looks devilishly evil and sexy at the same time.

Leto's colorful attire and flashy touch to his outfit...that I'm still getting used to. I love his look in the Arkham Asylum pics with his white straight jacket. I think they nailed that part perfectly. A bit worried about the bright and flashy attire but we'll see how it all fits in the film and the tone and direction they are trying to achieve.

What's everyone's opinions on the new pics?

View attachment 45413

View attachment 45414

View attachment 45415

Still not a fan of the tatoos on the Joker but Leto is a weird enough mofo that I think he can pull off the role.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch it, but my expectations are Superlow. This looks like a train wreck.

Every time I see an ad, all I can think is "You go, Girl!"

As opposed to Jessica Jones, that looks like it will be totally kick ass.
DareDevil was awesome. High hopes for JJ

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it last night. The
Definitely better than what I was expecting, but it was still closer to bad than it was to good. The acting, in particular was embarrassing.

I did like her first Supergirl outfit, though. They should have stuck with that one. The replacement just looks like a bad Halloween costume.

Agree about Superman's basic omission. The baddies from the Phantom Zone are not just a National City issue. They are an Earth issue. Why isnt he taking point on the problem?

And I still think Jessica Jones looks like it will be at least 100x better.

I like parts of it, but some of the forced feminist crap and the constant bickering and crying when she and her step sister are together was annoying.

Don't get me started on Jimmy Olsen. That's just ridiculous. They might as well have them fucking by episode 3 considering how they made him out to be a alpha male who looks like he should be on a soap opera and how she acts like she needs to change her underwear every time she's in his presence. Superman sent that dude to help "watch over her?" She's already a grown women. He might as well of said, "Head to LA and bang my cousin."

Hollywood cliche to suck in the female audience. Love triangle. Check. Same exact formula as hunger games and all the rest. Love triangle with a model looking alpha male and a doughy vanilla loser competing over a female who of course would pick the alpha male in any circumstance, but it's still designed to create drama in her life.

How in the hell does a single person pod suck a space prison all the way to earth in its wake? That was ridiculous.

While I like the concept that some alien badasses are already on the planet, it doesn't make sense that with that shear number that arrived in that space prison that most of humanity wouldn't be aware of this. We're talking about hundreds to thousands of aliens with extreme powers and criminal motives just all laying low on earth and not attempting to seize power?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DareDevil was awesome. High hopes for JJ

I read up on the purple dude and what he did to JJ. He's basically fifty shades of grey guy with psychic powers. Heavy mental/sexual abuse. Appears the show is presenting the very adult Alias comic story line. This won't be content for kids to watch. Heavy stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed!! the worst thing about that is that outfit was a reference to the comics... But since this is 2015 and she is the main character they want to cool off the sex appeal... to bad, because super girl should be AMAZING... did you notice the beauty mark near her eyebrows, super girl shouldn't have that...LOL...

And i agree about jessica Jones... Actually very excited about it... I am actually a fan of Ritter...
I did notice that. And they made a big point of saying that she never had pimples, too. Why do that when she has a glaring Chicken Pox scar right on her forehead?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question I have regarding JJ...

In the MCU, "Mutants" don't exist (Fox owns the rights to the concept). So how are they going to explain her abilities? Is she going to be an Inhuman? Will she have had some kind of accident with transported nuclear waste?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the MCU, "Mutants" don't exist (Fox owns the rights to the concept). So how are they going to explain her abilities? Is she going to be an Inhuman? Will she have had some kind of accident with transported nuclear waste?

she was not a mutant... she was radioactive...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice that. And they made a big point of saying that she never had pimples, too. Why do that when she has a glaring Chicken Pox scar right on her forehead?

Maybe she got it when she pulled the female driver thing. Instead of following her cousin to earth as she was supposed to, she ends up crashing her ride and ends up lost in the Phantom Zone for decades. And when she does finally arrive, she brings an apocalypse tagging along. GURRRLLLL POOOOWARRRR......

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Her story has evolved over the years. But her original origin of getting her powers was (drum roll).....her family car is involved in an accident with some trucks transporting radioactive materials.

This Netflix story is going to concentrate on a period of her life "after" she tried the superhero thing and failed badly at it, but a lot of it wasn't her fault. She ends up giving up on it for a while and becomes a PI to try to still do some good, but live a very low key existence. It takes on a very film noire like story with her in that role which is kind of a cool concept.

Although they've mentioned that at least one episode of the show, it does some flashback scenes of when she was doing the superhero thing. Probably to explain why she ends up so messed up in the head.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read up on the purple dude and what he did to JJ. He's basically fifty shades of grey guy with psychic powers. Heavy mental/sexual abuse. Appears the show is presenting the very adult Alias comic story line. This won't be content for kids to watch. Heavy stuff.

Close... Purple Man. Dumb name, but potentially an interesting character in a Netflix superhero world.

Purpleman.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am vaguely familiar with her back story. I just didn't know how she got her powers. The old "radioactive drums on the back of a truck trick" is just too cliche. I hope they piss off comic-nazis and change her back story.

I know about her time with the Avengers and how she disappeared, and her time with Purpleman. From the trailers, it looks like they will be somewhat true to her first issue, so this show should definitely have a VERY dark feel to it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be some of the darkest and adult material presented by a superhero series, especially Marvel universe, ever. Looking forward to it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I know of him (not much, granted), he seems to be a poor-mans version of Xavier.

I wonder how they will explain how he got his powers.

I admittedly don't know a ton about him either, but I imagine the strength of his mind control is probably the only similarity to Professor X. He's a sick, twisted, evil person who uses people to do his bidding, keeps them as mental slaves for periods of time, and when he's done, is not afraid to have them kill themselves. He's definitely not a soft, kid friendly villain. What I like about that is how dark and graphic they went with Kingpin in Daredevil,(that car door scene) who, while menacing and powerful, is not as evil and twisted as Purple Man. I think some shit will go down in Jessica Jones.