• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessica Jones is out.

Watching ep 1 now...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ep 1 started slowly, but by the end, I had to go on to ep 2.

I am going to be a zombie at work tomorrow.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 episodes in and Jessica Jones is great so far. I think the Purple Man has a pee-pee fetish though. Keeps making young girls piss themselves. I mean don't get me wrong, it's hot and everything, just doesn't seem too integral to the story.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 episodes in and Jessica Jones is great so far. I think the Purple Man has a pee-pee fetish though. Keeps making young girls piss themselves. I mean don't get me wrong, it's hot and everything, just doesn't seem too integral to the story.
It is integral. He has so much control that even basic human needs take a back seat to his "requests".

I watched 2 eps last night, and have been binging tonight. I am watching ep 8 (I think) now.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is integral. He has so much control that even basic human needs take a back seat to his "requests".

I watched 2 eps last night, and have been binging tonight. I am watching ep 8 (I think) now.

Yeah, but why did he make that little girl piss her pants in the closet? It's gonna stank up the whole apartment. He could have been like "Yeah why don't you go piss first and then get in the closet, I don't need this whole place reeking of urine for the next several hours."

I can only conclude that he likes the smell.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also:

Luke Cage should have taken that saw to his dick and/or balls to show how tough his skin is. Would have made a much bigger impression. I mean, that's just my opinion but the way he sawed his stomach could have just implied that he has super ripped abs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only giving it one more ep to keep me. All you mentioned bothers me, but what REALLY gets me is the horrible acting, bad stunts and worse costumes. That fight between SG and her Aunt was so poorly choreographed that all I could see was the cables they were hanging from.

The pilot was maybe a 6/10, but the follow up was a 2/10. The only redeeming part of the entire episode was the pants she wore after sparing with her sis. Those were nice pants...

So I feel like the show has found its identity... It feels like a spinoff of Lois and Clark: the new adventures of superman.
They even got Dean Cain to play the father... Cant wait to see Teri Hatcher too...

This past weeks episode the whole episode felt like an episode of Lois and clark...
It is also too bad that they are making the main villain a lex Luthor type guy... It will all make for decent TV... But just wish they took an original route and not a full on copy of Superman(if he was a female)...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain America: Civil War trailer 1

Looks like a much smaller scale Civil War compared to the comics, and I'm cool with that. Would have been crazy to make that series into a real film. I was guessing War Machine was going to die in this, but seeing Rhodie down in the very first clip makes me think otherwise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like a much smaller scale Civil War compared to the comics, and I'm cool with that. Would have been crazy to make that series into a real film. I was guessing War Machine was going to die in this, but seeing Rhodie down in the very first clip makes me think otherwise.
Don't the X-men play a pretty massive role in the comics version? Of course they can't do that in the MCU...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the X-men play a pretty massive role in the comics version? Of course they can't do that in the MCU...

As far as I know pretty much everyone does, hero and villain alike. I can see something like that happening for Infinity War, but not Civil War. I do hope someone dies though. Marvel needs to start building real tension again by letting audience know there really is something at stake.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not familiar with any of the details from the comics, but let's see what we know from this trailer...

Team Captain America...

Captain America
Falcon
Hawkeye
Bucky
Scarlet Witch

Team Iron Man

Iron Man
War Machine
Panther
Black Widow
General Ross (about time we see him again)

Unseen

Antman (pretty sure he is Team Cap)
Hulk (confirmed to not appear)
Spider-Man
Thor (doubt he appears)
Vision
Dr Strange (doubt he appears)
Fury (he is still officially dead, right? So he probably does not show)
Colson and SHIELD (doubt they appear)

Anyone I am forgetting?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not familiar with any of the details from the comics, but let's see what we know from this trailer...

Team Captain America...

Captain America
Falcon
Hawkeye
Bucky
Scarlet Witch

Team Iron Man

Iron Man
War Machine
Panther
Black Widow
General Ross (about time we see him again)

Unseen

Antman (pretty sure he is Team Cap)
Hulk (confirmed to not appear)
Spider-Man
Thor (doubt he appears)
Vision
Dr Strange (doubt he appears)
Fury (he is still officially dead, right? So he probably does not show)
Colson and SHIELD (doubt they appear)

Anyone I am forgetting?

Crossbones is in there somewhere, though is he an ancillary villain or someone who maintains a presence throughout?

Dr Strange is shooting so I could see that as a possible Credits scene. Possibly a look back at Wakanda to get us ready for Black Panther.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice Crossbones in the trailer. I will have to watch again. I would assume he is Team Iron Man.

I didn't realize Strange had started yet. In that case, I fully expect him to appear. They have been name-dropping him for a few movies already.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Black Panther who we see at 1:52?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Black Panther who we see at 1:52?
I am not watching the trailer now, but Panther is the only unknown "masked superhero" we see in the trailer, so I will confidently say "yes".

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no Crossbones in the trailer but he's been in photos for months. He's a hydra agent, the one who was blown up at the end of Winter Soldier, so I doubt he's on either side of the hero teams.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no Crossbones in the trailer but he's been in photos for months. He's a hydra agent, the one who was blown up at the end of Winter Soldier, so I doubt he's on either side of the hero teams.
General Ross isnt exactly a "hero" either, but he is included on "Team Iron Man".

I think some of the rogues will fight on a given side, even if they dont actually fight side-by-side. If my understanding of the Cival War is accurate, it is all about registering all "gifted" or "inhumans" or "mutants" with the government. Stark believes it is important to know who all these people are while Cap believes this will go down the Nazi path.

I expect the rogues to end up fighting on the same side as Cap, even though they may still fight each other if they come across each other.

This is about Government over-reach more so than good guys vs bad guys.