• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting more and more excited for this one. Marvel REALLY knows what they are doing with their movies (F4 being the exception that proves the rule).

But I am interested to see if they do ANYTHING with Origins: Wolverine in this flick. I have a sense they will toss it away in a 4th-wall dropping joke. No other way to really handle it, since it appears this is supposed to take place in the X-verse.

This is the year of superhero movies cant wait... Batman vs superman, Deadpool, x-men apocalypse, suicide squad... anything missing??

The one thing I am pissed off with is how they did not bring in Black Panther in Avengers 2... they had a perfect opportunity that made sense... And I know they are bringing him in for civil war... I am nervous they will bastardize another character... and take liberties that were not needed to be taken especially when you had a perfect opportunity earlier...

Really I wish avengers 2 was just never made(although I still enjoyed it).... It ruined some great characters like scarlet witch and quicksilver...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civil War had an atrocious ending in the comics...i hope they make it better, but I'm not holding my breath.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Fox for F4, not Marvel. None of the F4 movies have been good, all 3 have sucked big time.

I'm sure it will get made fun of, but quickly forgotten.

I liked the original 2... the 3rd one was decent until they made DR Doom all mighty like that... I really wish they would just stay with the source material and not need to connect the fantastic 4 power source with Dr. Doom's... make Doom just start off as a villain...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civil War had an atrocious ending in the comics...i hope they make it better, but I'm not holding my breath.
Don't mind bad endings as long as it keeps with a character's identity...

Is civil war when steve Rodgers dies?? and Bucky becomes Captain America, and believes Iron man killed Rodgers??

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the original 2... the 3rd one was decent until they made DR Doom all mighty like that... I really wish they would just stay with the source material and not need to connect the fantastic 4 power source with Dr. Doom's... make Doom just start off as a villain...

I didn't see the new one, so I have no idea how it was. It looked promising in the trailer and much darker, but it's rare to find a good review on it. So i didn't bother seeing it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind bad endings as long as it keeps with a character's identity...

Is civil war when steve Rodgers dies?? and Bucky becomes Captain America, and believes Iron man killed Rodgers??

No. Captain America quits like a little bitch.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To no surprise, Jessica Jones will be back at Netflix.

The streaming service announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour that the Marvel drama will return for a second season.

Premiering in November to rave reviews, the drama is the second of five planned Marvel dramas for Netflix. It joins Daredevil (previously renewed for season two) as well as the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist and mash-up miniseries The Defenders. News also leaked Saturday that the streamer is eyeing a Daredevil spinoff of The Punisher featuring Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead) as the title character.

In terms of timing for season two, which will consist of 13 episodes, Netflix has not yet announced when it will premiere. When asked Sunday, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said, "The Defenders production will really determine" season start dates for other Marvel series like Jessica Jones as well as Daredevil, which launches its second season on March 18.

Should The Punisher go to series, Marvel would have six dramas on the small screen, including ABC's Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter. A potential seventh, Marvel's Most Wanted — a spinoff of SHIELD — is set as a pilot at ABC.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta finish that series, only 2 episodes in. It wasn't as good a start as Daredevil.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta finish that series, only 2 episodes in. It wasn't as good a start as Daredevil.
Definitely started slow, and all-said, it was not as good as DD.

But still a quality program and WELL worth the view.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely started slow, and all-said, it was not as good as DD.

But still a quality program and WELL worth the view.

yeah, I gotta get back on that. I love Ritter, think she's a solid actress. I'm gonna finish it soon.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I gotta get back on that. I love Ritter, think she's a solid actress. I'm gonna finish it soon.

I stopped for a while like the other guy said it started slow. But I did like that season a lot. The villain is such a creep show. Played it really well. Also Luke Cage is a bad ass.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i've heard was good things about it, and especially about Killgrave. I'm gonna start it again.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is a special Dawn of Justice League special on CW.

Kevin Smith and Geoff Johns is hosting and they'll unveil new footage for Wonder Woman, a new Suicide Squad trailer and hopefully new announcements for The Justice League.

Hoping they tell us who Green Lantern is tomorrow night.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Smith and Geoff Johns is hosting and they'll unveil new footage for Wonder Woman, a new Suicide Squad trailer and hopefully new announcements for The Justice League.

Thanks. I will set my DVR tonight...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadpool Denied Release in China

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just rewatched Man of Steel because it's great and to refresh myself before BvS.

The more I watch this film the more I love it. Snyder does an outstanding job with the details that a lot of directors overlook in action movies, and those details make MoS shine and will payoff in future movies. I remember the first time I saw it, the last 3 minutes or so, as well as the first fight scene between the Kryptonians and Superman in Smallville, had me stepping back and thinking "damn, this is a whole lot of destruction going on." Gas stations exploding, planes crashing, buildings collapsing and cities being destroyed. That's gotta be thousands of lives actually being lost right there. No fairy tale super hero ending for all of those people.

Now, when MoS came out, it was met with a lot of criticism about all of that. I couldn't help but think those people don't get it. All the destruction and collateral damage was intentional. You're supposed to feel that way. This is a God fighting other Gods in the real world. There will be damage, death, and repercussions. So, when they announced BvS my first thought was that it makes total sense that Batman would be witness to this and his natural reaction would be that this is an incredible threat and he has to stop it. Looks like that's exactly what they were going for. I think it's genius that Zack Snyder and his team had the forethought to see a Superman story from the perspective of actual human beings who would have to be shocked if Superman and Zod fought in DC's New York City.

After the big reveal in the last big BvS trailer I have some apprehension about my expectations going in. Mostly because those expectations were set so high based on the first few glimpses we got, with the actual fights between Batman and Superman and that initial trailer which was amazing. However, I think the marketing team got a whiff of everyone's displeasure with the spoiler reveal and immediately put out the tv spots featuring Batman vs Superman, because that's what I'm most excited to see, and after watching MoS again, I'm really excited to see Zack Snyder keep his vision and eye for detail going.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think I will watch these... I really hate preview shows.... They tend to show too much of the Movie/tv show... I might DVR it just in case it is worth while... And I guess I will trust you guys to tell me if it is worth while to watch... But with a 2 hour Agent Carter season premier and some good Fox comedy on at the same time, I wont even have space on the DVR to tape it...

But more Important!!! Flash is back!!!!!