• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone needs to chill and get off Kap's back

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is better but not by much. I just think Wilson understands the offense better then Kap. Plus Seattle's OC puts him in the best situation to win. Wilson is what he is a good game manger who knows how to make some plays on the run. He isn't a great pocket passer and arm strength isn't great but he knows not to force throws. He takes what the D gives. That is what he does well. Think about if we had that D that seattle had last year we would have 2 championships already with Kap. Kap has been very good in the playoffs. D has let them down.

I disagree. Wilson is much better than Kap. You just stated that Wilson understands his offense. That is a big plus. If Kap doesn't know the offense, it's on him. He may not have Kap's arm strength, but he is accurate and smart. Those are two qualities that Kap doesn't have. Please stop mentioning that the defense let Kap down. In 2012, it was the defense that carried the team. This year, it's the defense again. Niners are lucky to be 7-6 especially with a QB that has struggled all season long.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree. Wilson is much better than Kap. You just stated that Wilson understands his offense. That is a big plus. If Kap doesn't know the offense, it's on him. He may not have Kap's arm strength, but he is accurate and smart. Those are two qualities that Kap doesn't have. Please stop mentioning that the defense let Kap down. In 2012, it was the defense that carried the team. This year, it's the defense again. Niners are lucky to be 7-6 especially with a QB that has struggled all season long.

yep, Kaep has more physical tools, but Wilson is proving to have more 'intangibles'. Or fans can call it whatever they want such as football smarts, etc.. Wilson is proving to have more and hence able to operate an offense.

he can't gun it downfield like Kaep or out run DB's like Kaep, but he can keep an offense alive.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D let the 49ers down in the playoffs the last 2 years with Kap. We won playoff games because of kap and made a run at the super bowl because of Kap. D choked. So please stop acting like the regular season is the same as the post season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, Kaep has more physical tools, but Wilson is proving to have more 'intangibles'. Or fans can call it whatever they want such as football smarts, etc.. Wilson is proving to have more and hence able to operate an offense.

he can't gun it downfield like Kaep or out run DB's like Kaep, but he can keep an offense alive.

I agree but its also because Seattle OC puts them in the best position to win and succeed. Why did they change their offense this year when the last 3 years was working fine. Why go to a pass happy offense. Last 3 years we were ranked in the top 3 in running this year I think we are 12-14 range. Running opens up the pass.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree but its also because Seattle OC puts them in the best position to win and succeed. Why did they change their offense this year when the last 3 years was working fine. Why go to a pass happy offense. Last 3 years we were ranked in the top 3 in running this year I think we are 12-14 range. Running opens up the pass.

that's ironic cause fans have been clamoring for more passing since I've been on these boards. When we added Johnson, everyone was happy about how they can't cover all our receivers (Davis included). So this season we start losing and not surprising, we now see posts about running.

Yes, we have been a run based team previous seasons with success. The O-line was built for power running and it was good, but the enforcement of the 5 yard contact rule, forces us to pass more. If we don't keep up with the pass, lesser teams will beat us ala Oakland. This is NOT saying become pass happy, but call more passes than in the past.

No argument running opens up the pass, but based on this season we're no longer a good running team either.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D let the 49ers down in the playoffs the last 2 years with Kap. We won playoff games because of kap and made a run at the super bowl because of Kap. D choked. So please stop acting like the regular season is the same as the post season.

Was it the defense that threw two interceptions and fumbled in the 4th quarter in last years' NFC game? Your love for Kap has blinded you. Kap has performed in the postseason, but the regular season is also important. You keep referring to Kaps postseason success, but what has he done this year? Roman definitely shares some of the blame, but has Kap improved this year? Defenses has dared Kap to beat them with his arm and he has failed miserably. The days of Kap running for 100 yards is over. Deal with it!

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happens when the other teams stacks the box and dares Kap to beat them with his arm? That's what the Seahawks did on Thanksgiving night and Kap failed miserably.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What happens when the other teams stacks the box and dares Kap to beat them with his arm? That's what the Seahawks did on Thanksgiving night and Kap failed miserably.

Haha, did you watch that game? Nobody was open all game. One, maybe two plays where he had an open guy and missed him. Even the commentators mentioned EVERY SINGLE PLAY that nobody could get open. I'm not saying Kap will pan out but I certainly won't say he can't. No QB can do good in this situation. Manning and Brady would be dead behind this line before they ever got a pass off to our mediocre receivers who drop damn near every ball they get. Seriously though, find me a QB in history who's been sacked the most in the league and had the second most dropped passes in the league by his receivers that's had a good year. This offense is utter shit and for anybody to blame one person, is foolish. That being said, even when our line was doing better at protecting, our offensive playbook was shit and still is. We should let Crabs walk unless he stays real cheap cause his main tool was his YAC and you can see every game now he's going down on first contact. You guys can spew that same ESPN regurgitated crap about Kap not getting his reads but when it's 3rd and long and you bring out a 2 TE set with one slow receiver who can't get separation, nobody's going to come out of that looking good. Not Manning, Brady, and not even Joe Freaking Montana. Our current setup would kill any QBs statistics.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's ironic cause fans have been clamoring for more passing since I've been on these boards. When we added Johnson, everyone was happy about how they can't cover all our receivers (Davis included). So this season we start losing and not surprising, we now see posts about running.

Yes, we have been a run based team previous seasons with success. The O-line was built for power running and it was good, but the enforcement of the 5 yard contact rule, forces us to pass more. If we don't keep up with the pass, lesser teams will beat us ala Oakland. This is NOT saying become pass happy, but call more passes than in the past.

No argument running opens up the pass, but based on this season we're no longer a good running team either.

not a good running team any more because the Oline are all screwed up. Go back to the power run game. I agree having 2 starting OL out for most of the year hurts .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, did you watch that game? Nobody was open all game. One, maybe two plays where he had an open guy and missed him. Even the commentators mentioned EVERY SINGLE PLAY that nobody could get open. I'm not saying Kap will pan out but I certainly won't say he can't. No QB can do good in this situation. Manning and Brady would be dead behind this line before they ever got a pass off to our mediocre receivers who drop damn near every ball they get. Seriously though, find me a QB in history who's been sacked the most in the league and had the second most dropped passes in the league by his receivers that's had a good year. This offense is utter shit and for anybody to blame one person, is foolish. That being said, even when our line was doing better at protecting, our offensive playbook was shit and still is. We should let Crabs walk unless he stays real cheap cause his main tool was his YAC and you can see every game now he's going down on first contact. You guys can spew that same ESPN regurgitated crap about Kap not getting his reads but when it's 3rd and long and you bring out a 2 TE set with one slow receiver who can't get separation, nobody's going to come out of that looking good. Not Manning, Brady, and not even Joe Freaking Montana. Our current setup would kill any QBs statistics.

I agree. 49ers don't have that weapon on offense. Thats why I would like to see Crabtree go and get a receiver like Maclin or Cobb. Then throw in Boldin and Johnson then we have a nice mix.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I saw that awful game. But it's not just Seattle. He struggled against awful teams like the Giants and the Redskins. And then he threw for less than 200 yards against the Raiders. There has been numerous times this year where he had time and yet he couldn't complete the pass. He's been sacked a lot, but some of those sacks could have been prevented if he just throws the ball out of bounds. I agree the OL play has been terrible, but to score only one offensive TD against the Giants is pitiful.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! don`t usually go to other teams sites but just got to say...Kap does not come close to Wilson when it comes to understanding the big boy game and for those Kap homers..you need to wake up and smell the obvious...he doen`t have what it takes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I saw that awful game. But it's not just Seattle. He struggled against awful teams like the Giants and the Redskins. And then he threw for less than 200 yards against the Raiders. There has been numerous times this year where he had time and yet he couldn't complete the pass. He's been sacked a lot, but some of those sacks could have been prevented if he just throws the ball out of bounds. I agree the OL play has been terrible, but to score only one offensive TD against the Giants is pitiful.

I am starting to think because of the poor line play early in the season and other issues, he has lost confidence. His accuracy has really suffered. While he has shown some inaccuracy in the past, it was nothing like we have currently seen.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think because of the poor line play early in the season and other issues, he has lost confidence. His accuracy has really suffered. While he has shown some inaccuracy in the past, it was nothing like we have currently seen.

His confidence is certainly shaken, but not stirred! He has struggled with passes over 20 yards this season. You can see the frustration on his face and I don't think he has the answers to his dilemma.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cosell on 49ers collapse - Niners Nation

I found this reading interesting. An analogy is made "when the QB plays poorly, it's like starting pitching in baseball. When you're down 6 - 0 every night after the 4th inning, it makes your team look bad." He mentions what we already know the Kap does NOT have very good vision in the pocket thus not allowing him to make good decisions consistently.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick tidbit:
Kap is the only qb (that has started majority of the team's games) that has NOT thrown a TD in the 4th quarter. That is hard to fathom. Damn! Even Hoyer, Drew Stanton and other less known qb have at least managed to throw a 4th quarter TD.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look im not going to argue here and say Kap is playing great. He isn't. He is having a bad year. I think a lot of it has to do with Roman, Oline and making Kap a pocket passer when he isn't. Coaches have told him 100 times try not to run a lot when a play breaks down to save yourself for the playoffs.....well we need to make playoffs first. Kap needs to run more on broken plays instead of trying to force things.

I just wan a new OC. Before we say Kap is done and we need a new QB lets give the guy 1 more year to see if he bounces back. QBs have bad years. Flacco was bad the year after they won the superbowl. Rivers was bad for like 2 years before he bounced back. I think it has more to do with the Injuries and our OC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His confidence is certainly shaken, but not stirred! He has struggled with passes over 20 yards this season. You can see the frustration on his face and I don't think he has the answers to his dilemma.

I agree with you on this one. You can see he is pissed and doesn't know how to fix it. People forget the last 2 years Kap was one of the best at 20+ yard passes. This year he way off. I do think the poor oline play has him thinking.

This is why Im saying lets wait 1 more year to see what happens.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on this one. You can see he is pissed and doesn't know how to fix it. People forget the last 2 years Kap was one of the best at 20+ yard passes. This year he way off. I do think the poor oline play has him thinking.

This is why Im saying lets wait 1 more year to see what happens.

That's why I think the Niners should draft a couple of OL. Iupati could be gone. Hopefully Thomas can start in his place. A. Davis has been injured a lot this year including concussions. Dallas finally figured it out that you need a great OL to compete. Three 1st round draft choices and Murray is having an MVP year and Romo has been protected majority of the time. Hopefully Boone will be in better shape and Kilgore comes back healthy. Niners need to say goodbye to J. Martin. He has been awful. M. Martin should be better with the experience he gained this year.