• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone like to dog Cleveland's upper management as a way to validate LeBron...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hood played major role on a Jazz playoff team. Clarkson has been a 6th man of the year, or a contender. A lot better than Snell. Also had Osman who is a solid bench player who couldn't even get on the floor.

JR Smith was a good player for Ty. Maybe that's why he trusted him?

Hood has been good in the playoffs this year. Not last year. The 2018 Cavs don't get bonus points for how Hood plays this year.

Clarkson is a lot better scorer than Snell, but how well would he fit?

Snell is solid for them because he is long, defends well and can make 3s. Clarkson is a totally different player. One who needs the ball in his hands to produce and struggles to play without it.

That is why, IMO he lost minutes in the playoffs last year. And Milwaukee already has their creators in Bledsoe, Giannis and Brogdon. They don't need a ball dominant reserve. They need a spot up shooter who can defend.

By the way, I don't think Snell is anything more than solid. Clarkson has a lot more talent. Better fit for Milwaukee though? Not sold on that. He wasn't a good fit playing with LBJ last year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hood has been good in the playoffs this year. Not last year. The 2018 Cavs don't get bonus points for how Hood plays this year.

Clarkson is a lot better scorer than Snell, but how well would he fit?

Snell is solid for them because he is long, defends well and can make 3s. Clarkson is a totally different player. One who needs the ball in his hands to produce and struggles to play without it.

That is why, IMO he lost minutes in the playoffs last year. And Milwaukee already has their creators in Bledsoe, Giannis and Brogdon. They don't need a ball dominant reserve. They need a spot up shooter who can defend.

By the way, I don't think Snell is anything more than solid. Clarkson has a lot more talent. Better fit for Milwaukee though? Not sold on that. He wasn't a good fit playing with LBJ last year.
Are you aware they don't have Brogdon? And I would have to guess playing with Giannis not the same as playing with Lebron. Not so much because of their styles of play but because one is an ass and the other isn't. something tells me Clarkson has more of a chance to play his game without a Lebron death stare on the Bucks. Same with Hood.

and, no, Snell is not solid. Calling him dime a dozen is being nice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware they don't have Brogdon? And I would have to guess playing with Giannis not the same as playing with Lebron. Not so much because of their styles of play but because one is an ass and the other isn't. something tells me Clarkson has more of a chance to play his game without a Lebron death stare on the Bucks. Same with Hood.

and, no, Snell is not solid. Calling him dime a dozen is being nice.

Um...

Yes. The BUcks do have Brogdon.

He is injured, but could possibly return as soon as game 4.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...

Yes. The BUcks do have Brogdon.

He is injured, but could possibly return as soon as game 4.
Ok, but we are talking about the current team - the one who has played so far in the playoffs. He's not playing yet.

I do hope he returns, but I'd be surprised to see him this series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but we are talking about the current team - the one who has played so far in the playoffs. He's not playing yet.

I do hope he returns, but I'd be surprised to see him this series.

Just as we are talking about last year's Cavs where Clarkson and Hood were bit players with the Cavs last playoffs.

Brogdon will have a much greater impact when he does return. And Brogdon and Bledsoe are >>>>>> than anything Cleveland had last year 3 - 12.

And while TT and Green were very important for Cleveland, they aren't better than Lopez and Mirotec. Best case for you is a wash there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as we are talking about last year's Cavs where Clarkson and Hood were bit players with the Cavs last playoffs.

Brogdon will have a much greater impact when he does return. And Brogdon and Bledsoe are >>>>>> than anything Cleveland had last year 3 - 12.

And while TT and Green were very important for Cleveland, they aren't better than Lopez and Mirotec. Best case for you is a wash there.
Ok, so you agree Lebron better than Giannis so Cavs get the all important edge of best player. Love and Middleton are close to a wash. Each was perfect for his team. Bledsoe better than Clarkson for his team. No disagreement. Cannot count Brogdon as he hasn't played. OK, call TT/Green a wash for Lopez/Mirotic (who has done little BTW).

cavs have edge at 1
wash at 2
Milwaukee edge at 3
wash at 4 and 5

and you might not think much of JR, Hood, Clarkson or Korver but they match up with 6-9 for Milwaukee.

"Far better" was, as usual, another extreme comment.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you agree Lebron better than Giannis so Cavs get the all important edge of best player. Love and Middleton are close to a wash. Each was perfect for his team. Bledsoe better than Clarkson for his team. No disagreement. Cannot count Brogdon as he hasn't played. OK, call TT/Green a wash for Lopez/Mirotic (who has done little BTW).

cavs have edge at 1
wash at 2
Milwaukee edge at 3
wash at 4 and 5

and you might not think much of JR, Hood, Clarkson or Korver but they match up with 6-9 for Milwaukee.

"Far better" was, as usual, another extreme comment.

No it wasn't.

Milwaukee has a balanced roster. That Cleveland team was carried by 1 man.

Your assessment does not include Brogdon, who is the Bucks 3rd or 4th best player, and also gives the edge to Cleveland wherever possible.

The East this year is stronger at the top than it was last. Cleveland got there because people were still scared of LeBron.

I honestly don't think last year's Cavs would beat any of the top 4 this year.

My assessment:

LeBron narrowly over Giannis
Middleton narrowly over Love
Bledsoe by miles over Hill
Brogdon by miles over Smith
Lopez narrowly over TT

And the Bucks bench rotation of:

Connaughton, Brown, Hill, Mirotec and Ilyasova

Is >>>>>

Than what the Cavs got from their bench last season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't.

Milwaukee has a balanced roster. That Cleveland team was carried by 1 man.

Your assessment does not include Brogdon, who is the Bucks 3rd or 4th best player, and also gives the edge to Cleveland wherever possible.

The East this year is stronger at the top than it was last. Cleveland got there because people were still scared of LeBron.

I honestly don't think last year's Cavs would beat any of the top 4 this year.

My assessment:

LeBron narrowly over Giannis
Middleton narrowly over Love
Bledsoe by miles over Hill
Brogdon by miles over Smith
Lopez narrowly over TT

And the Bucks bench rotation of:

Connaughton, Brown, Hill, Mirotec and Ilyasova

Is >>>>>

Than what the Cavs got from their bench last season.
Brogdon has not played one second. He's not even better than you so far.and know who the Bucks don't have to deal with this year? How about Lebron and the Cavs?

i get you cannot just say your comment was the usual extreme comment by you but it was.

Cavs got solid bench production other than against GS. Korver played well at times and even when he didn't he still opens things up for Lebron and others. could be argued Green better than any Bucks bench player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon has not played one second. He's not even better than you so far.and know who the Bucks don't have to deal with this year? How about Lebron and the Cavs?

i get you cannot just say your comment was the usual extreme comment by you but it was.

Cavs got solid bench production other than against GS. Korver played well at times and even when he didn't he still opens things up for Lebron and others. could be argued Green better than any Bucks bench player.

Not to going to continue this discussion with you because you might just be a tad biased.

But go ahead and post a poll to see what others think if you want.

Who has the better supporting cast? The '19 Bucks or the '18 Cavs and is it close?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to going to continue this discussion with you because you might just be a tad biased.

Who has the better supporting cast? The '19 Bucks or the '18 Cavs and is it close?

19 bucks having a slightly better cast doesn't mean much. I am still not sold on the Bucks until proven otherwise. The 18 Cavs was the worst version of the 4 year finals run anyways, they sure as hell were not better than the the 15,16 or 17.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had LeBron.

Take him away from that team and they were a 25 win dumpster fire which was essentially proven this year.

They did great with what they had. But they also overachieved.

Of course a team custom built around 1 player won't be that good once you take away that player lol

The team was filled with spot up shooters and older vet/role players. If you slotted another star in their they would still have been pretty good. They didn't have multiple stars anymore mainly because of Lebron not getting along with Kyrie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last y ears Cavs team would beat the shit out of this years Bucks

its simply not rationale to argue otherwise

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about moving the goal posts. This was your comment to which I originally replied here....

"Cleveland's roster last year was not championship caliber. Milwaukee's is a lot better and deeper."

You spoke of roster not supporting cast, and of course used a typical extreme comment. Would think a team that got to the Finals is "championship caliber."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 bucks having a slightly better cast doesn't mean much. I am still not sold on the Bucks until proven otherwise. The 18 Cavs was the worst version of the 4 year finals run anyways, they sure as hell were not better than the the 15,16 or 17.
For sure not 16 or 17, but maybe 15 which had no Love after the 3rd game of first round and a hobbled and then no Kyrie.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last y ears Cavs team would beat the shit out of this years Bucks

its simply not rationale to argue otherwise
don't know about "beat the shit out of"..... think that's as extreme as him saying Bucks were far better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance do you think the facepalm is supposed to be used to say "I cannot refute what you said"?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance do you think the facepalm is supposed to be used to say "I cannot refute what you said"?

Already said I am not arguing with you about this.

Start a poll if you want.

You won't find a single non-Cleveland poster who thinks last year's Cavs are better than this year's Bucks.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You won't find a single non-Cleveland poster who thinks last year's Cavs are better than this year's Bucks.

If you haven't noticed by now, dtgold doesn't give a shit what everyone else thinks. He'll fight his take unto death.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great, but my disagreement was in your usual extreme comment of "a lot better and deeper".