• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone happy now?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conjecture? The verdict is in and the punishment has been decided. There is no conjecture any more. The only thing left is the NFLPA appealing on Brady's behalf and may get his suspension reduced a game or 2.

And it's not a criminal court. Absolute proof is not required. In this type of case, "more likely than not" means guilty. Sorry, it didn't go your way, but there's no conjecture, just the appeal.

And it could actually end up in a real court.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Most of the shitbags OD and die on their own.

I fully condone this practice.

And by the way. NO police shootings were involved.

One of our detectives phrased it perfectly this morning.

"We had 2 homicides and no victims"

This was just perfect. I LOL'd.

Then you're doing it wrong. :lol:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would be BS. It's the same culture of cheating that you think only the Patriots are capable of. Hypocritical and just an attempt to rationalize what is basically jealousy of a better team.
So the football is only touched by one player? Ya it's not a focal point of the game or anything...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens fans just might be the dumbest on the Web.

Odin Lloyd was murdered in North Attleboro, not Foxborough. :L

Don't matter, he was a Patriot, and a convicted murderer....Your coach was caught cheating, and now your prima donna qb has been caught cheating and got the whole team punished.....
Congratulations, you have soooooo much to be proud of in the land of dysfunction.....:clap:

91682223-867e-4457-ab03-88d5f2708af2_zpsgwzonris.jpg
05_LFW_GoodFellasLaugh_instory_zpsacacqbuc.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't been watching the news apparently. :nod:

They can take it to court all they want. It won't be in criminal court, it will be in civil court with the same burden of proof that Ted Wells used.

When was the last time a professional sports league was sued over disciplinary action that it took and lost?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I couldn't see what you posted over the glare of the Patriots trophies.
They can take it to court all they want. It won't be in criminal court, it will be in civil court with the same burden of proof that Ted Wells used.

When was the last time a professional sports league was sued over disciplinary action that it took and lost?

Who said anything about a criminal court?

And you clearly don't understand the reason to get it into a civil court.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I couldn't see what you posted over the glare of the Patriots trophies.

Who said anything about a criminal court?

And you clearly don't understand the reason to get it into a civil court.

What reason other than they would sue over the punishment? They have no other reason.

Edit: Btw, if they do try to sue over the punishment, those text messages that Brady refused to share can be subpoenaed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it humorous that some Pats fans think this will end up in court. Bring it on I say. I highly encourage them to do so. Let the light shine bright on this.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it humorous that some Pats fans think this will end up in court. Bring it on I say. I highly encourage them to do so. Let the light shine bright on this.

Another poster that hasn't been paying attention to the news.:L

It might not, but it's looking that way.

And I agree, let the light shine bright on this.:nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another poster that hasn't been paying attention to the news.:L

It might not, but it's looking that way.

And I agree, let the light shine bright on this.:nod:
Oh I've been following the news and no doubt in my mind if this goes to civil court that Brady comes out looking worse. You know those two equipment dudes no longer have any reason to protect Brady. Let it happen!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't like being lied to. Whether it is Nixon, Clinton, Cosby, or Brady.
I have been ultra quiet on deflategate waiting for results before I chimed in. To me, the cell phone information sealed TB's fate.
He will always be known as a liar and if he is ever in a pinch for anything in the future, no one should believe him.

I was thinking about this today and wondered: what could Brady have said to reduce the liar label. Came to the conclusion that he could have said: "I told the boys to inflate the balls to the minimum level permitted. Perhaps they took for granted that going a little below that pressure would help me more. They were just trying to do their job. Hopefully the NFL can understand this minor transgression. I am in favor of fortifying the rules for re-inspecting balls before kick off and am truly sorry for the confusion created by this situation, for which I vow to take full responsibility."

Ah, after-the-fact-arm-chair analysis is easy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I've been following the news and no doubt in my mind if this goes to civil court that Brady comes out looking worse. You know those two equipment dudes no longer have any reason to protect Brady. Let it happen!
They are both set for life. Are you kidding me? Zero chance they haven't been told if they just keep their traps shut and stop leaving an electronic trail they will never have to work again. Their off shore accounts have already been funded.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both set for life. Are you kidding me? Zero chance they haven't been told if they just keep their traps shut and stop leaving an electronic trail they will never have to work again. Their off shore accounts have already been funded.
No way Kraft is smart with his money. It will be a lot cheaper hiring Hernandez's friends.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, it would be naïve to think they were not compensated for their fall-guy roles in the situation. What happens when the ball boys spend allllll the money and ask for more, perhaps there was threat involved to break their knees and go after their families? Nothing like a juicy story about the power of the Mafiosi and their super powers ... stay tuned, this is the tip of the iceberg ... jaws music ...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy. I just wanted there to be some consequences for this crap. You think I want to see Brady on the bench week 4 when they face the Cowboys?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kill my dream, damn it. Sing I say!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you think the NFL league office has nothing to hide?:scratch:

It's time to dismantle the league office.