• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone happy now?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of interesting to me. Billionaire Kraft's team gets a $1M fine, but Brady gets 4 game suspension without pay, which essentially amounts to about a $2M fine for him. That seems slightly lopsided.
It's probably because the investigation led the league to believe Brady acted alone and with no knowledge by organizational leadership. They get bit a little bit for supervisory responsibility and because previous transgressions no longer have them getting the benefit of the doubt, but probably not fair to hit them any harder for lack of direct or even indirect involvement/knowledge.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, yes. It helps an older QB to have a shorter season. Especially a QB that just had a loooong season ending in a Super Bowl victory. I think losing the draft picks hurts more than losing Brady for a mere 4 games.

The good news is they have all Summer to prepare the understudy for the first few weeks of the season(suspension probably gets reduced to 2 games?). It's not like losing a starter during the season. They can work with Garappalo right away.
Pats have no worries. They will win their division and be in the playoffs. We'll see how it goes from there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the league is investigating deflated balls, can they then ask to see his personal bedroom?

There is a line in every "full cooperation" situation.
if its relevant to the investigation, your pulling crazy stuff out, but to check the texts on his phone, thats legit

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except, ben is not a known rapist, but sure.....

Exactly. I remember the same blind support for Roethlisberger from your Steelers brethren at that time. Do you remember the irrational support for Joe Paterno after the Sandusky shitshow? This is what fans do.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its relevant to the investigation, your pulling crazy stuff out, but to check the texts on his phone, thats legit

I disagree, and it has nothing to do with my being a fan of the Pats. The NFLPA should take this opportunity to get it established in Federal court that the players personal phones are off limits.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he appoligize when even the NFL admits they found nothing definitive?:scratch:

And by the way Brady will not serve 4 games.

Didn`t need to when Tommy boy wants to put his phone in hiding.......If you have nothing to hide,then why hide?

And your still in denial......Oh and OJ is still innocent....Right?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I remember the same blind support for Roethlisberger from your Steelers brethren at that time. Do you remember the irrational support for Joe Paterno after the Sandusky shitshow? This is what fans do.

but theres an entire report, and punishment for brady......as well as paterno.......where is the report and police punishment, goodell punished, yet police did not? just asking where the slightest bit of proof is

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn`t need to when Tommy boy wants to put his phone in hiding.......If you have nothing to hide,then why hide?

And your still in denial......Oh and OJ is still innocent....Right?

You should probably study how investigations work and why you should never speak to an investigator without a lawyer present, nor ever give them something they have no right to take from you.

Here is a video to start your education process with. (Yes I know this isn't a criminal case, that's not the point.)

The first 15-20 minutes should be plenty to get an understanding how investigators use your words against you.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh come on, they said FULL COOPERATION.........

And even "FULL COOPERATION" has a line in the sand. The argument Brady's team is making is where is that line. He may lose, but he has a good argument to make.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you dont, if its pertinent to the investigation, then you cooperate..........they didnt say can i inspect your bathroom, or dna test your hair...........they asked to see cell phone records pertinent to the case.........not hard, or invasive, or out of line

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the league is investigating deflated balls, can they then ask to see his personal bedroom?

There is a line in every "full cooperation" situation.
Some of you really have your heads buried somewhere. Pick 'sand' if you want the PG version.

He was offered the very unusual opportunity to have his own attorney sift through to make sure nothing personal was passed along. It's simply ignorance to state what you did above.

Where is the outrage by your fans where it belongs? It's not the NFL's fault. It's not the "haters" faults. This is Brady's fault. HE fucked himself, fucked his teammates, fucked his city, and fucked your fans. His selfish disregard for right and wrong caused this. Where is your blame of him? Where are your fans asking why he is so fucking arrogant that he really does seem to believe the rules don't apply to him?

It just looks like misplaced whining with all this other useless BS.

Brady fucked your city.

I love chapp's insistence this is going to be a good thing. Go ahead and overlook the Steelers, Bills, and that week 4 game against Dallas. Of course your fans are feeling 4-0, but the rest of the league sees that stretch 1-3 with a 2nd year backup.

He hurt your team. Call him out on it ffs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you dont, if its pertinent to the investigation, then you cooperate..........they didnt say can i inspect your bathroom, or dna test your hair...........they asked to see cell phone records pertinent to the case.........not hard, or invasive, or out of line

But that's the point, it's a personal phone not owned by the employer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft demanded a n apology from the NFL if those allegations where untrue.

Robert needs to apologize to the NFL as well as you NE SportsHoopla posters need to apologize to the rest of us.........So tell me how does your denial feel now?

Brady 4 games.......lmao
Not sure why you think fans need to apologize for anything?
Kraft just released a statement. He still stands by his original statement. He said something to the effect of " needing to prove it". The report doesn't do that. Let's not rehash that again. Yes there is a lot of damming evidence. But no proof.