• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone happy now?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going to win an appeal. It will stay at 4. If Goodell learned anything from the Ray Rice debacle, it was to get the suspension right the first time, especially if everyone is watching.
Agreed 4 games is fair don't mess with it or you'll just water it all down....and open the door for more of this BS. I'd rather focus on football and let the better team win on an even playing field...let the games begin!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't like being lied to. Whether it is Nixon, Clinton, Cosby, or Brady.
I have been ultra quiet on deflategate waiting for results before I chimed in. To me, the cell phone information sealed TB's fate.
He will always be known as a liar and if he is ever in a pinch for anything in the future, no one should believe him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been ultra quiet on deflategate waiting for results before I chimed in. To me, the cell phone information sealed TB's fate.
He will always be known as a liar and if he is ever in a pinch for anything in the future, no one should believe him.
Can't disagree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad. The smack a pats fan game will soon end.
Not to worry. They will continue to win. Plenty more room left for whack a pat.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, extremely so, but I'm a generally happy person.

Thanks for asking.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a grave dancer, and I don't even know what I 'wanted' to happen here other than reset the SB at 2nd & goal from the 1.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just so you and the other Pats fans know my antagonizing post over this issue was just to antagonize. I got no hate for the Pats.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you and the other Pats fans know my antagonizing post over this issue was just to antagonize. I got no hate for the Pats.
No problem. I'd be doing the same thing. Sucks being a fan having to try and find any silver linings and defend your team. Oh well we'll get over it. But then the Pats keep bringing this on themselves. They just signed TE Fred Davis after he got re-instated for substance abuse. Really? Now? Damn BB give us a break.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this. The penalty should of been more about TB and less about the Pats. I would be happy, if the two parties just agreed to give TB a year and waive every thing else. I could be happy with that. Giving TB a shorter season actually works in his favor as long as the Pats can survive those 4 games. Let's face it, the competion in the division ( except for the Dolphins) don't even have starting caliber QB. Let TB have a nice 12 game season is doing him a favor. So much fresher for the playoffs, right? You know when it matters.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Seems like it was pretty insignificant to deflate balls, but then again there was that study which showed Pats players fumbled considerably less than other teams. Bottom line is this raises the specter of "what if" scenario's now. The butterfly effect comes into play. You could argue that maybe they won a couple games they would have lost because fumbles never happened, and if you accept that then it leads to a scenario where one or two games changes the whole playoff bracket, and so on...

As for the penalty from Goodell? Well here is the message I take from it: If someone came to you or your head coach and said he had a plan to bend the rules which would make you win the SB, but following that you would lose your QB for 4 games, and lose two picks, would you take that deal? I think nearly every coach would. So in essence the cheating may have paid off. Sure they got caught, but to what end? They already won the prize.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They always said Brady's future was in politics. This whole debacle seals the deal.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a grave dancer, and I don't even know what I 'wanted' to happen here other than reset the SB at 2nd & goal from the 1.

LOL. Sorry. Pete Carroll will always be your coach in that situation.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPF I called 4 games that gets lowered to 2 all along and that still may come to pass. He probably deserves 6 at least, but this is how they handled it.

Will people accept them as champs after this? Probably not. This taints the entire team. It paints the already hurt image in a worst light. The haters are going to keep on hating no matter what. That's how it is. If your team stops cheating for a few years maybe it will die down, but it just feels like something else will come up by then if BB is still there.

they brought this on themselves. They keep thinking they are smarter than every other team and prove it by challenging the rules and taking it to the limits and breaking the rules in some instances. Then they wonder why they are penalized and this penalty is more severe, than it should have been due to all the other shit they have pulled or tried to. Will it stop, the teams actions lately show otherwise. With BB still there, He will keep pushing the envelope trying to prove he is all whatever and then throw whoever is closest to him under the next bus saying he didn't know again. BB knows everything that goes on in that organization and to do that to Brady just shows what an ass he is. How long will Kraft keep letting him wreck the organization with all this cheating crap. Yes they have won but sooner or later the rule breaking will have to sink in for Kraft and he will have to make a decision.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the penalty handed down? For those who answer yes, what happens "IF" NE somehow wins SB 50 will you feel the same way?

if you win the bowl, fantastic, good for you, that has nothing to do with the cheating that occurred now

the real shame is letting brady play the playoffs, when the infractions occurred prior to that

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this. The penalty should of been more about TB and less about the Pats. I would be happy, if the two parties just agreed to give TB a year and waive every thing else. I could be happy with that. Giving TB a shorter season actually works in his favor as long as the Pats can survive those 4 games. Let's face it, the competion in the division ( except for the Dolphins) don't even have starting caliber QB. Let TB have a nice 12 game season is doing him a favor. So much fresher for the playoffs, right? You know when it matters.

You CAN'T justify a season-long suspension for this shit. Air in the football is just not that big of a deal. You can pretend to be mortified by it; but give me a break. I know you've been having nightmares about Brady for 3 months, but there is nothing in that report that merits a year. Nothing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You CAN'T justify a season-long suspension for this shit. Air in the football is just not that big of a deal. You can pretend to be mortified by it; but give me a break. I know you've been having nightmares about Brady for 3 months, but there is nothing in that report that merits a year. Nothing.

actually, regardless of what it is, he cheated, and then did not cooperate.......cheating is cheating.........

Every team cheat..........one team just gets caught repeatedly.......if you get caught, you should be punished harshly........period........its not that big of a deal in YOUR mind......but he cheated.........straight up

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
billy kilmer = tom brady that wobble is back

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be happy til the decade-long culture of cheating by the New England Patriots is over. That won't happen til Robert Kraft is out of this league. That'll be a glorious day for the integrity of the game.

And being that he is one of the key owners of the NFL it will never happen. But you can keep snuggling up in your footies with your snuggle bear crying that it hasn't happened. We'll still laught at you.:pound: