• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eventual Question Will Arise......Tony Romo or Dak Prescott?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way....read between the lines. Some see this as an actual problem

That I love a player? U don't think people loved Michael Jordan/ Derek Jeter/ Peyton Manning.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. I had to go to church a few weeks back to see my daughter get baptized. When I do attend, I do my best to soak everything in. The preacher said something about most people liking God, but not loving God. That's me - I love Romo, where most Cowboy fans like Romo. I know probably not a good parallel, but it is true. Nothing wrong with that. He is my all time favorite and it will never change
Sure seems like you're ready to throw him out with the bath water.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like you're ready to throw him out with the bath water.[/QUOTE

Not at all. If Dak continues this though and wins the next 2 or 3, how on the heck do you take him out. i think I have heard 1 maybe 2 former players/ analyst that said Romo should keep the job. Thank you Boomer Esiason. I get that it's JG/JJs call. We saw Romo consistently 2 yrs ago. Is he that same player? Look nobody could play any better than Dak has. Does that mean I would rather have Dak than anyone- no.

Let's take Romo out of the equation. If somebody said, you can have Dak or Matt Stafford for the next 10 yrs- who are u taking. ? I'm taking Stafford and I consider him a top 15 QB. I wonder how many would do the same.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. If Dak continues this though and wins the next 2 or 3, how on the heck do you take him out. i think I have heard 1 maybe 2 former players/ analyst that said Romo should keep the job. Thank you Boomer Esiason. I get that it's JG/JJs call. We saw Romo consistently 2 yrs ago. Is he that same player? Look nobody could play any better than Dak has. Does that mean I would rather have Dak than anyone- no.

Let's take Romo out of the equation. If somebody said, you can have Dak or Matt Stafford for the next 10 yrs- who are u taking. ? I'm taking Stafford and I consider him a top 15 QB. I wonder how many would do the same.

We can what if all day, but I know Romo can score points with the best of them.
What if Romo plays like he did in 14? Romo has earned the right to make a run in the playoffs, 16 and maybe 17 is his last shot, would you be the one to take that away without seeing if it's possible first?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can what if all day, but I know Romo can score points with the best of them.
What if Romo plays like he did in 14? Romo has earned the right to make a run in the playoffs, 16 and maybe 17 is his last shot, would you be the one to take that away without seeing if it's possible first?

I go with Romo over anybody

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have me completely confused, haven't you been saying you'll keep Dak under center?

No. I'm saying it's gonna be real hard to take Dak out as well as he has played. It reminds me a lot of Vince Young with the Titans his first year. Dak and Vince are totally different players. Vince was God here in Nashville. Everything he touched turned to gold. I think they were like 1-9 when he took over. I think he won 6 straight. They had his Yellow jacket already made here. They wouldn't have traded him straight up for Brady. I think Dak is a pretty good player. He was a great college player. I just think there is a limit on him though. He is taking what the defense gives him. He makes plays with his legs too. I read somewhere his average pass in the air yesterday was 5 yrds. Hey it's working. He has been spot on with these short throws.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not knocking Dak here. That's why I asked if given the choice right now over the next 10 yrs you can have Dak or Stafford- who would u take.

I'm trying to be as objective as possible. I think it's just that I can now start seeing the end. Whether it be this yr or next. The salary cap after 17 for sure. I was one of those wAnting and wondering if he could play 5 more yrs

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm saying it's gonna be real hard to take Dak out as well as he has played. It reminds me a lot of Vince Young with the Titans his first year. Dak and Vince are totally different players. Vince was God here in Nashville. Everything he touched turned to gold. I think they were like 1-9 when he took over. I think he won 6 straight. They had his Yellow jacket already made here. They wouldn't have traded him straight up for Brady. I think Dak is a pretty good player. He was a great college player. I just think there is a limit on him though. He is taking what the defense gives him. He makes plays with his legs too. I read somewhere his average pass in the air yesterday was 5 yrds. Hey it's working. He has been spot on with these short throws.
And I don't think it's all that hard of a decision if the team tunes out the fans and media. As for the V. Young comparison I don't see how it come into play. Dak isn't replacing an ineffective Romo, and Dak isn't a first round pick. The sane fans saw him as a two or three year project, Young was drafted as the future. Apples and Oranges.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not knocking Dak here. That's why I asked if given the choice right now over the next 10 yrs you can have Dak or Stafford- who would u take.

I'm trying to be as objective as possible. I think it's just that I can now start seeing the end. Whether it be this yr or next. The salary cap after 17 for sure. I was one of those wAnting and wondering if he could play 5 more yrs

I doubt anyone will accuse you of knocking Dak.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Romo comes back, he'd better be 100%...if you are the opposing DC, don't you just tell your guys that you will accept one late hit or roughing penalty on Romo to check him out...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to suck for Romo. No doubt about it.

Unless Dak falls of a cliff, when Romo comes back he is going to be under some serious pressure. Not including the fact his career was already hanging by a thread in regards to his health.

After every incompletion, every 3 & out ...and dare I say every int ...the camera is going to follow Romo for 5 minutes.

Sadly, the only break Romo ever gets are his bones.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. I don't think they run the same stuff. This Dak led offense is methodical with high percentage passes and is a perfect storm for the team right now. Romo is ready for a shootout every week. I knew they wouldn't miss Dez today.

Here is something I thought was real telling today. We are killing the clock and they let Dak throw- I know it was safe but In not sure they call that with Romo. Maybe they do. They did call a rollout to Witten that was scary with the score 21-17. Close to being a pick 6.
Interesting. I think it is pretty much the exact same offense with a twist towards Dak's mobility. It's just the quarterbacks decisions that are different.:2cents:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I think it is pretty much the exact same offense with a twist towards Dak's mobility. It's just the quarterbacks decisions that are different.:2cents:

Maybe so. Maybe he is comfortable throwing these patterns.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo likes to throw inside the numbers more.