• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eventual Question Will Arise......Tony Romo or Dak Prescott?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously- I've asked this question before, of course got no answer because maybe it is viewed as dumb or too personal. Have you ever been watching a game and Romo do something stupid and you say to yourself well I wonder how Ronotoowens is gonna defend that. Or he throw 4TDs and say oh shit Star will be tough to handle this week. Maybe you haven't and that's ok too. When we beat the Eagles, the first person I think of is Manster, because I think his hatred for them is like my hatred for the Pak. When Durant knocked that pass away the other day- the first thing that crossed my mind was Pday and Rep, Shark, Mitz, etc.
I dont think I've ever done that While Watching the game for sure. Maybe after the game when watching a highlight or something? But I hope no one would ever say something like "oh shit such and such will be hard to handlle because Romo or anyone else played well for our team...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think I've ever done that While Watching the game for sure. Maybe after the game when watching a highlight or something? But I hope no one would ever say something like "oh shit such and such will be hard to handlle because Romo or anyone else played well for our team...

Not meaning they are pissed. Just an example. I used to wonder how many beers twist had drunk during the game. Things like that. 20 yrs ago - 50 percent of the area I live in was a Cowboy fan. Now it's Titanland 24/7

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well soon it will be RomoNomo.
When that day officially arrives I will be a little sad.

I will be more than just a little sad on that day.

I can only pray that the man upstairs has some post season magic in store for Romo before that day comes.
We all knows he deserves it.

At the same time a part of me thinks this is not a bad time to end it. The last 2 seasons he was on the field the season ended with him leaving every ounce he had on the field.

It will just be crushing if Romo ends his career with some turnover fiasco. That would kill me.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the Cowboys just aren't ready for Dak to start taking downfield shots.

The kid didn't start practicing with first team until less than two months ago. When he gets the playbook opened up a little bit more he should get more chances.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously- I've asked this question before, of course got no answer because maybe it is viewed as dumb or too personal. Have you ever been watching a game and Romo do something stupid and you say to yourself well I wonder how Ronotoowens is gonna defend that. Or he throw 4TDs and say oh shit Star will be tough to handle this week. Maybe you haven't and that's ok too. When we beat the Eagles, the first person I think of is Manster, because I think his hatred for them is like my hatred for the Pak. When Durant knocked that pass away the other day- the first thing that crossed my mind was Pday and Rep, Shark, Mitz, etc.

I too live away from my home team. The first person I talk to is my dad usually because we talk to each other throughout most of the game. Sometimes when I can't get game at all he is my play by play guy (and color commentator).

The more I think about it, I have an awesome set of parents.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say I don't like Wentz? That is totally untrue. I just said I like Dak better:noidea:.
Been watching Wentz today and he has been very impressive. Throws a nice ball, shows patience and makes good decisions and seems very accurate and really zipped one into a tight spot. I may have to rethink my opinion on the two, but for now I'll just say I like both a lot.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got away with couple recently but impressive

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dak is making this a tuff decision. My heart is with Romo, but my gut is saying its 50/50. It seems crazy to bench Romo for a Rookie. If nothing else Romo is going to have a short leash.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outsider looking in here...

What's the prob?

Let Dak start until week 18 when the personal injuries pile up and then let Romo come in a finish the job out. Done. Heros everywhere.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dak is making this a tuff decision. My heart is with Romo, but my gut is saying its 50/50. It seems crazy to bench Romo for a Rookie. If nothing else Romo is going to have a short leash.
Because Romo could destroy the Cowboys cap by retiring after this season, he will be the starter when he is ready. If he were in the last year of his deal, and Dak were still at a 93-95 QB Rating and the team was winning, it would be a tough call

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Romo would not have outplayed him tonight but Manning or Montana wouldn't have either. The guy is just in a serious zone . These rookies or first yr starters are making this stuff look easy right now. They are all taking what the defense gives them. They take their shots when they are there. Dak ran tonight the perfect number of times. He is just playing outstanding.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching Wentz today and he has been very impressive. Throws a nice ball, shows patience and makes good decisions and seems very accurate and really zipped one into a tight spot. I may have to rethink my opinion on the two, but for now I'll just say I like both a lot.
I hate to say it but, I'm a little more impressed with Went.
Because Romo could destroy the Cowboys cap by retiring after this season, he will be the starter when he is ready. If he were in the last year of his deal, and Dak were still at a 93-95 QB Rating and the team was winning, it would be a tough call
I know he's on the Roster this year and next, but its debatable if Dak if after week 10 and Romo isn't back and the Cowboys or 6-3....should Dak get the chance and play this thing out.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't undo anything about the dead money, but if we cut Romo prior to June1 2017 then we actually save $5M next year on the cap ($19M dead), save $16M 2018 ($8M dead), and save $20M in 2019 ($3M dead). Unless we restructure him this season or before June 1, 2017 then there is actually an upside to getting rid of Tony if he is too injured to play.

If he can play though, and we have Dak as a backup insurance plan, then I say we keep him. Dak has been great, but the book is just about out on him where you can cover the underneath stuff. He is starting to get the ball downfield more and more, but it's almost like he needs to get that first INT out of the way. He is playing like a rookie trying not to lose his job. he is good enough to go out and win, not "don't lose". We don't have mInnisotas defense, so we need our offense to take chances. So far so good, but safeties are going to start cheating up when we play a good team.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I was any good at evaluating QB talent before but ..what has really messed me up when I'm looking at a QB is Nick Foles.

What that man did makes me skeptical now of early success.

Can I sue him for that? ...because I would be enjoying this a lot more right now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but, I'm a little more impressed with Went.

I know he's on the Roster this year and next, but its debatable if Dak if after week 10 and Romo isn't back and the Cowboys or 6-3....should Dak get the chance and play this thing out.
in a word....NO

I'll say it once a week....Romo plays regardless the record the moment he is cleared to play.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has a little romo in him with his ability to move and extend plays. It is hard to game plan against that. Dak was on control. The pass to dez was bad, but I have few complaints. Twill looks to be about as smart on the field as Randle is off the field. Thanks to that idiot this game was closer than it needed to be. As usual the ref screwed us on the end zone play early on. This could be a 12 win team if we had a pass rush. As of now this looks like a 8 or 9 win team

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it is after 6/1 of 2017 it's OK cap wise. The problem would have been if he just up and retired ASAP this year. Would be a $10.7M hit next year and an $8.9M hit in 2018 if he retired after 6/1/17 which is manageable. But of course all of that is dead money that is spent on a player sitting on his couch so it still hurts.

That being said, I still think it's Tony's job when he comes back (assuming healthy). Dak will get his turn and if Romo doesn't come back healthy I really don't think it hurts us much at all from what I am now seeing of Dak. I'll go back to my way of looking at it. If Romo isn't healthy he isn't playing, so the decision only comes into play if Romo is healthy and if he is, he is a top 10 QB for sure in this league and maybe around top 5. So the only way you sit a healthy Romo for Dak is if you already think Dak is a top 10 QB. He may actually be that, but IMO it's too early to say.:2cents:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this is the same feeling fans had in New England win Brady came off the bench for Bledsoe. I wonder if they thought no way can this no name game replace this potential HOFer at the time. I love Romo he's on the Mount Rushmore of Cowboys QB's, but farther time, injuries get the best of them all. Jury's still out on Dak, but he's making it a true debate.