• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eventual Question Will Arise......Tony Romo or Dak Prescott?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from the standpoint of the reaction to putting Romo back in is enough of a reason to keep things the way they are.

If Dak gets benched, the news would go beyond sports media. The national news would bring some unwanted attention. It will be a bigger distraction than you think.

No surprise Romo has been silent but it may be up to him to say ..Hey staying with the hot hand is whats best for the team right now.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dinuguan.
Adobo, Pancit or Lumpia
I have no idea what any of that stuff is and will happily take you guys word that is not fit to eat

About as exotic as it gets at my house is Chinese takeout that I can identify have ate before and smells good.

otherwise like Manster said Peanut butter and jelly will work just fine

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dinuguan.

I have no idea what any of that stuff is and will happily take you guys word that is not fit to eat

About as exotic as it gets at my house is Chinese takeout that I can identify have ate before and smells good.

otherwise like Manster said Peanut butter and jelly will work just fine
Re reading my post, I should have said about all I eat from her food is those three.
Lumpia is meat and veggiesveggies rolled and deep fried, pancit is noodles with meat and veggies, and Adobo is chicken stewed in water and soy sauce.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no QB controversy on this team..........Just ask the leader of our football team

Jerry Jones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have Cowboys already made the decision to stick with Dak?
Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2016, 4:17 PM EDT
619335442-e1478117856247.jpg
Getty Images
The evolution has been more like a revolution. From Cowboys COO Stephen Jones musing without prompting that another Bledsoe-Brady situation could happen in Dallas little more than two months ago to Cowboys owner and G.M. Jerry Jones repeatedly talking about sticking with the hot hand only a few days ago, America’s team has reached the brink of benching its franchise quarterback.

In the view of Clarence E. Hill, Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the decision already has been made: Dak Prescott is the guy.

Appearing on Wednesday’s PFT Live, Hill didn’t hesitate or equivocate. He made it clear that it’s Prescott’s team. And Hill provided details that show how different things are in the locker room, where the chemistry is great and everyone is on the same page.

Another reason to stick with Prescott, as Hill pointed out, comes from the scarce amount of football Romo has played recently. Romo last played in a regular-season game last Thanksgiving, nearly 49 weeks ago. Prescott is playing — and playing well — on a weekly basis.

While there may be no press release or billboard or headline that rips the baton from Romo’s hand and gives it to Prescott, it’s happening. As Clarence Hill sees it, it already has.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jones on Romo: “at some point, we are going to need him”
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 3, 2016, 8:07 AM EDT
610478404.jpg
Getty Images
Even if the Cowboys have privately decided to turn things over to Dak Prescott, they still have another talented and very expensive quarterback on the roster.

So they’re making sure that no matter what happens or when, Tony Romo still feels valued (such that he doesn’t when that direct deposit hits).

“He’s a class act, and he’s a competitor,” Cowboys vice Stephen Jones said of Romo, via Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “He knows right now he is not ready to go. He wants this team to thrive and give us ever possible chance to win a championship.

“He knows when he’s ready to go that, at some point, we are going to need him, and he’ll be ready. It’s a great situation.”

For the moment, it’s a moot point, as he didn’t practice Wednesday. The Cowboys were in full pads and he’s not cleared for contact yet as he recovers from a fracture in his back. He worked on the side with athletic trainers instead.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a setback,” Jones said. “I would just say that the more time that we can give him to get better while the team is still having success, I think the better chance Tony has to stay healthy. We all know what we went through last year. Certainly, he wanted to rush back to keep us in contention. He’s a great competitor. We felt like he was ready to go. Then he had another setback.

“I think the longer we can continue to get him ready to play the better chance he has to stay upright when it is time for him to play. I just think it’s a great situation for us right now. We’ll continue to work both sides. Obviously Dak is doing a great job playing right now. Tony’s doing a great job working on his rehab, getting himself in the best possible shape he can be in for when the time comes that we’re ready for him to go.”

And the longer it goes, the more it appears that time might not be this season, or at least until Prescott stumbles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jones: No setback for Romo, whom Cowboys will “need” this season

romo%20photo

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo remains on track in his rehab, according to the team, even though he didn’t practice Wednesday.

Tony Romo did not practice Wednesday as he has yet to be cleared for full pads, and the Cowboys insist his recovery remains on track.

Romo worked with resistance bands on the practice field with athletic trainer Britt Brown after the team’s practice concluded Wednesday. The quarterback had returned to practice on a limited basis last week.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a setback,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “I would just say that the more time that we can give him to get better while the team is still having success, I think the better chance Tony has to stay healthy. We all know what we went through last year. Certainly, he wanted to rush back to keep us in contention. He’s a great competitor. We felt like he was ready to go. Then he had another setback.

“I think the longer we can continue to get him ready to play the better chance he has to stay upright when it is time for him to play. I just think it’s a great situation for us right now. We’ll continue to work both sides. Obviously Dak is doing a great job playing right now. Tony’s doing a great job working on his rehab, getting himself in the best possible shape he can be in for when the time comes that we’re ready for him to go.”

Romo, 36, missed seven games last season after fracturing his left collarbone in Week 2. He lasted only a game and a half in his return, fracturing the same collarbone a second time.

The Cowboys went 1-11 without him.

This season, Dallas is 6-1 with Prescott ranking sixth in the league in passer rating.

On Tuesday, owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show the Cowboys would continue to ride the hot hand. Stephen Jones agreed that Romo, as a team player, will handle any role like a pro, including that as a backup.

Stephen Jones also expects the Cowboys to need Romo – whom he called “one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL” – this season.

“He’s a class act, and he’s a competitor,” Stephen Jones said. “He knows right now he is not ready to go. He wants this team to thrive and give us ever possible chance to win a championship. He knows when he’s ready to go that, at some point, we are going to need him, and he’ll be ready. It’s a great situation.”

Read more here: Stephen Jones: No setback for Romo, whom Cowboys will “need” this season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Obviously Dak is doing a great job playing right now. Tony’s doing a great job working on his rehab"
Oh snap...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On Tuesday, owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show the Cowboys would continue to ride the hot hand. Stephen Jones agreed that Romo, as a team player, will handle any role like a pro, including that as a backup."
Double snap...

Honestly though, wake me when the Coach speaks on the topic, not these two numbnutz...it's all white noise until Romo is healthy or Garrett comments...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea why, but I'm really worried about the Cleveland game. Seems like a perfect trap game for the Cowboys

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Non-Cowboy fan..................

Dak Prescott finds ways to win games....................Tony Romo finds ways to lose them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...never like it when Dallas is a heavy favorite
Yep, this team has been winning with a great running game and a defense that plays as hard as any I've seen. I thought Philly had something going with their blitz schemes, especially when they would overload to one side and make Dak speed up his reads. Big week for the Cowboys coaches to have the team motivated and ready for more of what they saw against the Eagles D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this team has been winning with a great running game and a defense that plays as hard as any I've seen. I thought Philly had something going with their blitz schemes, especially when they would overload to one side and make Dak speed up his reads. Big week for the Cowboys coaches to have the team motivated and ready for more of what they saw against the Eagles D
the eagle game and also the SF game give me hope they can handle adversity. I think being fully expected to win the game brings it's own kinda adversity for team not found it that role often.

7-1 is expected and that worries the hell outta me

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On Tuesday, owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show the Cowboys would continue to ride the hot hand. Stephen Jones agreed that Romo, as a team player, will handle any role like a pro, including that as a backup."
Double snap...

Honestly though, wake me when the Coach speaks on the topic, not these two numbnutz...it's all white noise until Romo is healthy or Garrett comments...
I agree. Jerry please just shut up and refer the question to Jason.