• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN SEC BIAS STRIKES AGAIN

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have taken it to the complete opposite end of the conference fan boy spectrum....

I'm not a fan of my conference...

I'm not even a fan of my team...

I am a fan of Leonard Fournette...

Fuck eerbody else.....

:happy:
I'm drinkin kool-aid too.

dabo-nature-boy-o.gif

DABO's da man!!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did until I came here.

If people were constantly bashing the ACC, you'd understand. Because when someone bashes the ACC, they are by default also bashing your team since you are a member of it.

Like if I say - ACC teams are crappy, over-rated and just get ranked higher because they are east coast and it's biased - then I'm saying Clemson is crappy, over-rated etc.

I basically only talked to Alabama/SEC fans before posting here and nobody really thought or talked about it that much. We knew that it was tougher etc, but there wasn't an "anti-SEC" element around constantly bitching and making excuses.

It's more a function of "team Anti-SEC" than "Team SEC" in my experience. SEC teams and SEC fans can actually be pretty brutal to each other in general.
Yeah it's not like everyone says that the ACC is the the worst Power 5 conference all the time and it's FSU and everyone else, oh wait, people do but they don't felate everyone else in their conference like many of the SEC honks do here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason Florida looked so great is because of Ole Miss' offensive lineman being out, not taking anything away from them bc Tunsil was out in the Bama too. But to be honest Alabama shit the bed that game, so I will have to go with Ole Miss was a bit overrated which blows up Florida's win vs them. It could look like a less impressive win down the road, but right now it looks damn good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not like everyone says that the ACC is the the worst Power 5 conference all the time and it's FSU and everyone else, oh wait, people do but they don't felate everyone else in their conference like many of the SEC honks do here.

Cool, so you should have no trouble highlighting a bunch of threads where posters cry about the ACC on an almost daily basis.

I've missed these threads apparently, I'd love to read them. Links please.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmm so no top 11 this week? Shocker!

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a national network and those side networks draw fans of the teams themselves. It makes absolutely no financial sense at all to hype the SEC which have smaller networks than areas like the Big10 area. If ESPN was hyping conferences for ratings/money, it would be the Big10.

ESPN does NOT own tier 1 rights to the SEC. CBS does. CBS gets to pick the SEC games it wants to broadcast every week. The only limit is CBS is only allowed to show the same team a maximum of 5 times a year. ESPN gets whatever is left over. That is why all the bigger SEC games are not shown by ESPN, but are instead shown by CBS.

As for what ESPN owns, they also own the rights to televise all the bowl games, and they televise probably 90% of all the college football games across networks. The SEC network makes the majority of it's money from the states that have SEC schools in them, and it's only about 20% of the price in the rest of the country. The same for the Longhorn network.

The truth you conspiracy theorists don't want to hear: - ESPN is the biggest "bandwagon fan" in the world. They pump whoever is on currently on top. I can remember when it was all USC all the time, when it was all Oklahoma all the time, when it was all Texas all the time, and when it was all Alabama all the time. Whoever is hot - ESPN is on their nuts. Because that is what brings ratings.

It's rather obvious in this case they included Florida due to how much they jumped, which is a story in itself.

But hey, people will almost always believe a lie if you claim money is involved. So you got that going for you.
THIS!!!