• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN article by John Clayton

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will come down to which team makes less mistakes and who wins the TO battle.

Which QB is more likely to turn the ball over? Hell, Wilson will not take any chances. Kap may have double the yards that Wilson has in this game, but if that's the case, I bet he has more turnovers too. And I won't panick if they work it down the field, the seahawk redzone defense will be on fire. When the Seahawks defense is backed up, I feel like its almost as likely for them to cause a turnover in the endzone than they are to give up a td.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe this is one of the most important games in Seahawks history.

The winner of this game determines who gets to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. As 49ers fans like to remind us, we have no Superbowl victories. Nothing could be worse than losing the opportunity win a Superbowl to the 49ers.

Agreed!

howevers...

Colon Kaepershit against the Seahawks: 3 GM 50.5 CMP% 546 YDs 2 TD 5 INT 53.4 QB Rating
12/23/12: 42-13 9/15/13: 29-3

...dis-respecting an opponent anytime gets one nowhere.

with THAT all said...Hawkz by 10 in the end.
:suds:

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to see all of Ninerfans with their chests out. Rightfully so. They've been playing great fball as of late. My favorite station down here 95.7 The Game is getting awful cocky though. Saying Seattle has no business winning this game, Seattle isn't the same team, Seattle offense won't be able to pull it off, etc, etc.

I seriously hope Seattle has something to say about all this.. I'll be sick of the 9er win Sunday.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Love Clayton's way of breaking down a game. Not many who are more involved in the minutia of every team than him. He is picking Seattle solely because it's at the clink which means he sees it like so many others that this is two fairly evenly matched teams going into it.

I know we have a few cocky fans who think this is a slam dunk and so does some of the SF base, but the vast majority of both teams fans are going to be on the edge of their seats until the last clock tick. Much more so than if this was Carolina coming in or if SF was facing say the Eagle or something. There is far more than the SB at stake even if that is the grand prize. You really want to go yourself, but really really don't want to see your rival go if you can't.

:agree:

Anyone that is overly confident is just fooling themselves. You guys are obviously a very good team and so are we. This game could go either way and its going to be a nail biter.

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense isn't that bad is it? I sure hope it isn't.

No, I wouldn't say that, but with the way the offense has been the last few games, it makes me very nervous.

My hope is that for one reason or another, the offense just explodes this weekend and we put them away early, and then the defense does their job.

While I love close, defense-oriented games, they make me a nervous wreck.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This game will come down to which team makes less mistakes and who wins the TO battle.

Which QB is more likely to turn the ball over? Hell, Wilson will not take any chances.

As a 9er fan, this is my number one concern and key to the game. Somehow we have to win the turnover battle even though Wilson does a great job in this area.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a 9er fan, this is my number one concern and key to the game. Somehow we have to win the turnover battle even though Wilson does a great job in this area.

Wilson does a great job, but our O-Line has to hold up against the rush. Wilson has way too many fumbles this year for my comfort and the Niner pass rush is damn good.

I am trying to prepare my mind for a possible loss. I want to believe the Hawks defense will hold up and Kaep will shrivel, but he is getting better and Crabtree has made a huge difference for their passing game. The Niners have won 3 straight on the road and put up 23 on the Panthers defense in an early start on the east coast. They forced Cam into some mistakes and took full advantage. I hope we implement some short and intermediate routes that can get RW going early and also that Marshawn can find some room. Special teams and turnovers will play a huge roll in this game. Weather does not appear to be a factor at this point.

Too tough to call, but pulling for the Hawks.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Seattle's passing game more of a short route variety or deep types?

Both, they do play action to open up deep shots, but also like short slants and WR screens. They don't use the middle as much as they should, but had good success using the deep middle crossing routes against the 49ers in SF earlier this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to see all of Ninerfans with their chests out. Rightfully so. They've been playing great fball as of late. My favorite station down here 95.7 The Game is getting awful cocky though. Saying Seattle has no business winning this game, Seattle isn't the same team, Seattle offense won't be able to pull it off, etc, etc.

I seriously hope Seattle has something to say about all this.. I'll be sick of the 9er win Sunday.

Haven't they said that in all of our recent meetings?

Last year before Christmas they had just blown out NE I believe and they were coming into Century Link with a lot of swagger and confidence. Fans were telling us how we were going to get wiped off the map. Result: Seattle ass beat them all the way back to SF 42-13

2nd week of this season. Same thing. Their fans telling us how bad they were going to beat our asses. They had beat GB in week 1. Kaepernick had over 400y from what I recall and Boldin had over 200 if memory serves. They came in thinking if they could kill GB and Rogers they were going to destroy us. Result: Kaepernick and Boldin got neutered and SF was sent crawling back home after a 29-3 thumping.

Of course all we hear now is how they didn't have crabtree in that game so they are different now. Well they didn't have crabtree for the GB game either and still won that one and they claim GB is a great team.

But the real point is we have seen them while they are on this current streak. We know what they look like with Crabtree back and at full health. We played them at their house in a game they had a LOT more riding on than we did. The week before they beat a fairly week Rams team by 10. Result: SF needed a late game breakdown by two Seattle defenders to give Gore a huge run for them to come back and win a 2pt game 19-17. They gave us everything they had at home with crabtree and needed our defense to screw up to beat us.

Chest out? Yeah, that's how they are before every one of these games. I mean didn't you know they won super bowls back when MTV was still popular? So of course they are still better than every other team that has ever existed. Doesn't matter how many times you show them otherwise, they still think they are on top. :noidea: Must be something in the water down there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: TOs are going to be key. On a side note I enjoy reading your posts on the 49ers board.