• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Reid

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree the cbs have been great. We are way better then last year.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because they were not good and certainly not great. I think it speaks volumes that Brown and Rogers are both going to be let go (or walk) this offseason and the team chose to extend Brock instead of bringing one of them back.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yes, as we said on page 1... how many times can you count Reid getting beat deep all season? or how often have QBs even threw towards his way?

Reid actually struggled at time with man coverage and I believe this is an area that he will work on in the offseason. He ran ALOT of zone this year and excelled in zone, but when asked to cover man to man is where we see him look at bit like a rookie.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because they were not good and certainly not great. I think it speaks volumes that Brown and Rogers are both going to be let go (or walk) this offseason and the team chose to extend Brock instead of bringing one of them back.

I respect your opininion. Just think it's night and day how much better our cbs have been this year compared to last year.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being an LSU fan, I really wanted Eric Reid to fall into the second round. The guy is a bruiser and plays with a high motor intensity that you want from the safety position. He will sometimes go for the big hit and miss the opportunity to make the simple tackle. But when he connects...boom goes the dynamite! Good job on finding a franchise player for years to come...if he can stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[YOUTUBE]nN5jg_XCGAY#t=243[/YOUTUBE]

odd interview. Not sure what Patrick was doing....."Whats that feeling like?" Really? What the hell do you think?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontae Davis - DB - Colts

Colts GM Ryan Grigson confirmed re-signing impending free agent CB Vontae Davis is a priority.
"Any cover corner is high in the pecking order," Grigson said. "Vontae is a heck of a player. He can be as good as he wants to be. There's no reason he shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl every year." The Colts currently have over $35 million in 2014 salary cap space, so working out a new deal with Davis shouldn't be a problem. Davis is our No. 4 unrestricted free agent cornerback.

Fuck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Colts GM Ryan Grigson confirmed re-signing impending free agent CB Vontae Davis is a priority.
"Any cover corner is high in the pecking order," Grigson said. "Vontae is a heck of a player. He can be as good as he wants to be. There's no reason he shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl every year." The Colts currently have over $35 million in 2014 salary cap space, so working out a new deal with Davis shouldn't be a problem. Davis is our No. 4 unrestricted free agent cornerback.

Fuck.

It's ok. SF will pull up quick to retrieve Antonio Cromartie in the offseason. :hope: He's a better CB than Vontae.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. SF will pull up quick to retrieve Antonio Cromartie in the offseason. :hope: He's a better CB than Vontae.

Well I guess the bright side is the Colts can't use that space to extend Luck to a front loaded mega deal this off-season.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Fuck.

Why anyone would want Vontae Davis must have a reason beyond football, off the field, perhaps wanting the brothers in SF storyline, because Davis is not good at his profession and should not be at or near the top of anyone's FA lists.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why anyone would want Vontae Davis must have a reason beyond football, off the field, perhaps wanting the brothers in SF storyline, because Davis is not good at his profession and should not be at or near the top of anyone's FA lists.

I don't know man. I think he's pretty good.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I guess the bright side is the Colts can't use that space to extend Luck to a front loaded mega deal this off-season.

I think under the new CBA they've got to wait one more year to extend him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think under the new CBA they've got to wait one more year to extend him.

Yep, has to be after three years. I bet his agent hates this rule.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he took his game to another level this year. PFF graded him #3 overall and every time I watched a Colts game his name wasn't mentioned often. He was rated top 24 last season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't heard his name as of late so that tends to lead that he his doing good but not great. He isn't messing up but he isn't making big plays. So its a give and take.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we sign Vontae Davis. I think he would be a great fit for this team and brother will show him the 49er way.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we sign Vontae Davis. I think he would be a great fit for this team and brother will show him the 49er way.

Have you ever heard him talk?

Except they were playing against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sounds good to me. Sign him up.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because he took his game to another level this year. PFF graded him #3 overall and every time I watched a Colts game his name wasn't mentioned often. He was rated top 24 last season.

Tavon Austin has a field day against him. Maybe and I mean MAYBE Kendall Wright beating him around week 11. The Chiefs burned him in the playoffs (recall Maylock citing to injuries). He had a good game against Denver (albeit latching onto Demaryious Thomas). PFF graded him a -3.5 vs NE in the playoffs, then writes,

"Vontae Davis doesn’t tend to do consistency. His season is a roller coaster of poor then strong games, ridiculous peaks and a few ugly performances. Unfortunately for him this was one of the latter, and was by far his worst game of the season. His -3.5 coverage grade was more than twice as bad as his next poorest outing this year as he allowed six catches for 70 yards and a passer rating of 101.0 on throws into his coverage."

These are the only games I remember seeing the Colts play in. The AFC south does mean you get to play the Titans, Texans, and Jags twice a year, which most likely inflated his PFF stats, but from what I've seen the guy is garbage. If the 49ers sign this guy, it would absolutely destroy our chances at another SB run since he's going to command around 8 mil in FA.