• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Reid

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
noooooooosquirel.png

hahaha... where do people come up with this shit:lol:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw maybe twice he got beat for the entire season. So any talk of him being moved to SS is ignored by me. We have our man at FS. Time to draft Deone Bucannon in the 2nd round to man the strong position and give us a better tandem than Seattle.

You think he lasts to our picks in the second?

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Whitner. I think he does some good things, and he's been better this year, but I'm not sure we can't get similar production (not right away mind you) from someone new (hopefully draft). I'd rather pool the resources for Aldon, Iupati, and Crabtree.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner can't cover the broad side of a barn, but his hitting and leadership are valuable. As far as Reid, love the kid. Can't wait to see him get better with more playing time. As far as the secondary as a whole, I think Brock emerging really gave us depth there. Rogers being out has proven we don't need him and his high salary. Haven't really seen any CB's getting burned the way Rogers has all season. WR or CB in the first? Man what a toss up....

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very happy with Reid this season, he turned out to be a great asset to he defense. He does need to work on his man coverage skill but I think that is really the only real weakness of his game. He is solid in coverage but not great, he could become great at it though.

As for Whitner, I completely expect him back.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Whitner back in a second. He is a lot better than people give him credit for. A Lot better. However I think we need to resign Boldin, extend Iupatia and Aldon and see what kind of money we have to pay Kaep. Reid is a lot better than I thought he would be the only safety in recent drafts I would trade him for is Earl Thomas... Well hes the only safety in the game I would trade him for.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo to keep whitner we're gonna have to overpay. with reid's play, i think we can get away with a 'downgrade' at ss

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo to keep whitner we're gonna have to overpay. with reid's play, i think we can get away with a 'downgrade' at ss

I don't agree with this. I don't believe that the success of the FS will allow for a downgrade at SS, they are both safety positions but I don't think they are as interconnected as some might think. Also I think that Whitner enjoys his time here and would give us a discount, we will see what happens though.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. But not in dollars; the Niners will have to pay out the nose in receiving yards.

Whitner has actually been very good in coverage this season. Where we have been paying out of the nose in receiving yards is at the CB position, they have not been great this season.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy we drafted him.....just get the concussions under control.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy we drafted him.....just get the concussions under control.

Agreed. If he continues with the concussions the way he's started this year then he'll be out of the league in 3 years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Whitner has actually been very good in coverage this season.

Very good? I think the bar you set for "very good" is extremely low.

Expecting Whitner to be good in coverage is unrealistic.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner has actually been very good in coverage this season. Where we have been paying out of the nose in receiving yards is at the CB position, they have not been great this season.

I disagree the cbs have been great. We are way better then last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner has been very good compared to prior form... got to give the man respect for a good season...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner has been very good compared to prior form... got to give the man respect for a good season...

I think Goldson was part of the issue. Reid's a better player so Whitner's trust factor on the back end of the D is much higher.

And lately, Reid never gets mentioned in games. That's such a compliment to a DBs performance.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goldson was part of the issue. Reid's a better player so Whitner's trust factor on the back end of the D is much higher.

And lately, Reid never gets mentioned in games. That's such a compliment to a DBs performance.

oh yes, as we said on page 1... how many times can you count Reid getting beat deep all season? or how often have QBs even threw towards his way?