• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Reid

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49

#49ers Eric Reid lost out to Bills LB Kiko Alonso for defensive rookie of the year according to the pro football writers association.

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers safety Eric Reid made PFWA All-Rookie team

Mike Jurecki

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEST SAFETY!!!! for years to come!!!

but damn! he just needed a few more INTs to get it I guess...

but what can he do when opposing teams are NOT throwing his way... nor deep... has anyone else notice that?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but what can he do when opposing teams are NOT throwing his way
... nor deep... has anyone else notice that?

Tip Drill?

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

but what can he do when opposing teams are NOT throwing his way... nor deep... has anyone else notice that?

Definitely. It's hard to recall hardly anytimes that he is getting beat in coverage. Some of his games probably seem quiet because QB's aren't trying to test him(for good reason.)

He has the mental make up and physical abilities to get even better. The potential is there to be the best safety in the league.

The only concern I have with him in the future is the concussions that happened this year. Hopefully those were just a fluke.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I really like about Reid is his leadership potential. He was a great leader for LSU when he was there and I expect him to take on that role in the secondary in the future. If we can find a solid replacement for Whitner and upgrade our CB's this will be one hell of a Defense I'm looking forward to upgrading that Defense in the draft to get even better.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I really like about Reid is his leadership potential. He was a great leader for LSU when he was there and I expect him to take on that role in the secondary in the future. If we can find a solid replacement for Whitner and upgrade our CB's this will be one hell of a Defense I'm looking forward to upgrading that Defense in the draft to get even better.

Whitner really grew on me this year. Probably having Reid back there helped a lot. As he said he communicates with him a lot better than he did with goldson.

Would love to keep Whitner with a reasonable contract. His leadership and presence is underrated. Would be nice to groom a safety behind Whitner now that we have Reid.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't hear his name a lot during the game which means he's doing a good job I think. I'm satisfied with his performance.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner really grew on me this year. Probably having Reid back there helped a lot. As he said he communicates with him a lot better than he did with goldson.

Would love to keep Whitner with a reasonable contract. His leadership and presence is underrated. Would be nice to groom a safety behind Whitner now that we have Reid.

:10:

As long as his contract is within reason, he should be back with us... he's still capable of playing at a top level...

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think he can trust Reid more which is why he played better. Just a personal thought. Whitner isn't all that old. I wouldn't be opposed to him for another 4 years at 5m per

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. It's hard to recall hardly anytimes that he is getting beat in coverage. Some of his games probably seem quiet because QB's aren't trying to test him(for good reason.)

He has the mental make up and physical abilities to get even better. The potential is there to be the best safety in the league.

The only concern I have with him in the future is the concussions that happened this year. Hopefully those were just a fluke.

I saw maybe twice he got beat for the entire season. So any talk of him being moved to SS is ignored by me. We have our man at FS. Time to draft Deone Bucannon in the 2nd round to man the strong position and give us a better tandem than Seattle.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whitner was told by the coaching staff to focus on improving his pass defense this off-season. Clearly he took it seriously. I just don't know if we can fit him in and get our other guys signed to new deals. Main reason I wanna go to the draft and get a replacement.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw maybe twice he got beat for the entire season. So any talk of him being moved to SS is ignored by me. We have our man at FS. Time to draft Deone Bucannon in the 2nd round to man the strong position and give us a better tandem than Seattle.

Your ok with parting Whitner? money aside...( i would want Whitner to stay within reason)

Deone is a brute size wise IMO.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner was told by the coaching staff to focus on improving his pass defense this off-season. Clearly he took it seriously. I just don't know if we can fit him in and get our other guys signed to new deals. Main reason I wanna go to the draft and get a replacement.

Ya that's one issue I was thinking. Too many guys are coming up for payday. If we can fit him in great, if not I'm sure baalke and co. Will look for a replacement early this draft.

Maybe Whitner can gives us a discount, you can tell he loves playing here. However I bet he will be looking to cash in one last time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ok with parting Whitner? money aside...( i would want Whitner to stay within reason)

Deone is a brute size wise IMO.

I'm ok with replacing Whitner with Bucannon. That size improvement should help us out covering TEs.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could get behind this, but it don't like the idea of having a first and second year safety together. Especially in games where it comes down to experience. Then again, I really haven't done my research on safeties in this years draft class yet.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
my only concern with looking for another safety is that I am concerned with the potential of finding someone that plays this well with Reid and in the context of our defense.

I was very impressed with Whitner this season. (legal name change request aside)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Whitner isn't all that old. I wouldn't be opposed to him for another 4 years at 5m per

noooooooosquirel.png

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As others have said, I really like Whitner too. He's played well this season. He brings a good element to our team and is a good team guy. Him and Reid communicate very well, as had been noted by them.

I do think though it's going to be hard to get him to sign with our cap situation and other pending players. Just too many big contracts coming up and vital pieces to our team.