• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who? It's relevant to me. The answer is 0. 0 accolades for any other player on that defense in the 5 years Suh was there. But he didn't carry them?

Fine, show me. What teams? What salaries? I assume these are good teams? Sell me your theory. I'm listening. [/QUOTE]

No he did not. The Lions D sucked balls for 4 years with Suh. The last year Austin came in and they were number 2, only adding 1 player. That has been explained ad-nauseum.

See above post for blue hi-light

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, be an old loon with outrageous claims and nothing to back them up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you take his word without any backup. Nothing against Stomp, he might have looked at an article or numbers that considered average for all players at a position, but here is what I am talking about.

CHART: NFL's Highest-Paid Positions - Business Insider

It looks at the highest paid by position, not the average of all because many of those guys are riding pine. For example teams carry 6 or 7 WRs and only a couple will be paid highly, the rest will get almost nothing and never see the field. A position like G or DT only carry a few and they all play and rotate so the backups get paid much more then a 5-7 WR.

In the above article pay attention to the orange as those are mostly starters. You can see DT is close to the bottom (excluding kickers of course) barely higher then interior O-line. ILB would be down there too if they broken them out. QB, DE, CB, WR are the top positions.

Article is from 2013. Times are changing. In 2015 there are at least 3 DT's in the top 25 highest paid players. I know this without even looking.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 2 Gerald McCoy and Suh(Though he'll probably be playing more 5-7 tech in Miami like Wilkerson or Watt) Watt also plays a decent number of snaps at DT

u r right 2 but watt Is listed as de.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is 0

I love Jeopardy.

What is the number of forced fumbles and fumble recoveries by Suh in the past 4 years?

No, that is wrong -- I forgot he recovered a fumble once in the past 4 years -- guess I could re-phrase it and say the number of fumble recoveries.

What is the number of playoff wins Suh has led the Lions to in 5 years?

That can't be right. Suh only led the Lions defense for one year. The first 4 don't count.

What is the number of punts the Lions defense, led by Suh, forced New Orleans to kick in Suh's first playoff game?

That is my final answer.

Did I win?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding to this nice find, 3 DT's taken in round one this year, and at least 1 in the top 15 dating back each of the last 5 years. In many years, up to 3 DT's have been taken in round 1.

Do yourself a favor and go look at every other position on the defensive side of the ball and then tell me how DT stacks up for 1st round picks? You don't have to go crazy -- just go back the 5 years you are talking about.

i don't have time to, but I'd be shocked if DT isn't at or very near the bottom for the defensive side of the ball. DE and CB will be the runaway winner, IMO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Als

Suh's cap hit in 2016 is 28.6 million.
I see Staff and CJ are 7th and 4th next year in cap hits.

Did you check out the career earnings rankings yet? Staff's gonna be like a bazillionaire by the time he finally develops. Seriously, he might make more money than any player ever before he retires. That's crazy.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do yourself a favor and go look at every other position on the defensive side of the ball and then tell me how DT stacks up for 1st round picks? You don't have to go crazy -- just go back the 5 years you are talking about.

i don't have time to, but I'd be shocked if DT isn't at or very near the bottom for the defensive side of the ball. DE and CB will be the runaway winner, IMO.
Did you spend more than 15 seconds thinking aboot that?(you really think safety or inside linebacker is getting drafted more often? Combine them, it won't be more than DT.)

Only positions that have been drafted in the first round more than DT in the past five years: DE, LT, Corner and WR. And I didn't need to look it up. Try and prove me wrong, I dare you.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be better this year. It's his second year in that offense. With Megatron and Tate taking most of the attention I see Ebron having a big year. If Stafford can stay healthy like a breakout year similar to what JT had in Denver.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be better this year. It's his second year in that offense. With Megatron and Tate taking most of the attention I see Ebron having a big year. If Stafford can stay healthy like a breakout year similar to what JT had in Denver.
Holy Hell!

Thought you'd left the Hoop!?!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
step+brothers_6151d3_3292376.gif
Goddamnit. That made me laugh.