• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led a shitty bunch of guys and shitty coaches and created an identity in Detroit, something we lacked since Barry retired. Go ahead and shit on it if that's what you need to do.

What identity did he create? That the Lions were a dirty team? Pre-Teryl Austin -- Detroit was an average to mediocre defense. If you don't believe me -- go look at the stats.

Now in one season, where the only changes to the starters made was Ihedbigo, who missed multiple games, as well as losing our MLB for the year, our top two nickel CBs for the year and Fairley for half the year -- the reason for the Lions being the #2 defense in the league is Suh.

I've answered this a million times, and you guys choose to ignore it.

I've responded to this a million times and you choose to ignore it. IF a defenses success was based upon a single player -- The Texans would have the leagues best defense by a land slide, as Watt is leaps and bounds ahead of any other defensive player right now. Instead -- with him putting up obscene numbers, while facing the same double and triple teams Suh faced -- they ranked 15th in total defense.

A defense is only as good as the players around you and most importantly, the scheme you are playing. I think we got to see first hand this past year what a difference a competent DC can do for a defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 5 years Suh was a Lion, he led all DT's in every major category.

The reason you keep going back 5 years is if you go back the last 4 years or the last 3 years -- he hasn't "led all DT's in every major category" and the other top DT's haven't been in the NFL for 5 years or missed time. If Suh put up 60+ tackles and 10+ sacks every year, as he did his rookie year -- I would have been the first guy on this board screaming for the Lions to back up the Brinks truck. He hasn't though.

I love Suh as a player, but no one is irreplaceable. Especially with the ridiculous amount Miami paid him. No DT should be paid that much. There was a reason why so few teams entered the Suh sweep stakes. Who did he visit? Oakland and Miami? Why do you think that is?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you keep going back 5 years is if you go back the last 4 years or the last 3 years -- he hasn't "led all DT's in every major category" and the other top DT's haven't been in the NFL for 5 years or missed time. If Suh put up 60+ tackles and 10+ sacks every year, as he did his rookie year -- I would have been the first guy on this board screaming for the Lions to back up the Brinks truck. He hasn't though.

Copy right infringement... Just saying. You're just lucky of that snafu on the paperwork. Otherwise a e-suit would be served.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you keep going back 5 years is if you go back the last 4 years or the last 3 years -- he hasn't "led all DT's in every major category" and the other top DT's haven't been in the NFL for 5 years or missed time. If Suh put up 60+ tackles and 10+ sacks every year, as he did his rookie year -- I would have been the first guy on this board screaming for the Lions to back up the Brinks truck. He hasn't.
Stats are for fantasy football.

Read it on the Internet. (Thought I'd kick the tires on that phrase.)

Bonjour!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions love is not why you're one of the 'rainbros'.

NYC: Exuberant Man With Rainbow Flag Editorial Photography - Image: 20089442

stock-photography-nyc-exuberant-man-rainbow-flag-image20089442

Is that website saved to your desktop? Not that I would judge if it was, just curious?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Matty's completion % means nothing? Glad my league don't give points on that stat.
Idk about his completion %, but his YPA is prolly still very important. Very, very important. As is Calvins yardage, Mattie's yardage and anyone else with bubbles on the side of their head. I think it's a complicated formula to calculate stat importance, I think. It must be.

One thing to keep in mind, fumbles don't matter. Those can always be coached away, sometime in the Imaginaryville future.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you keep going back 5 years is...

Because he's played 5 years in the NFL. Because he played all 5 of them in Detroit. It's a cumulative ranking based on his entire career. Because that's how his accomplishments were presented on every major sports outlet while he was a FA. Only asshole Lions fans like you feel the need to spin it into something else in desperate attempts to shit on him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What identity did he create?

He made the Lions relevant. Led a feared front 4 and led us to the playoffs twice.

I've responded to this a million times and you choose to ignore it. IF a defenses success was based upon a single player -- The Texans would have the leagues best defense by a land slide,.

This is why only TP gets wrapped up in your dumb debates. Wtf are you talking about? I never said the D was based on one player. You asked where Suh was for 4 years and I kindly continue to point out with facts that Suh (just like Watt) was never the problem. It's everyone around them.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because that is what I said. All I did was ask you who was leading the Lions defense in his 1st 4 years when they were middle of the pack or mediocre?

Suh was here for 5 years. The only thing that changed from 2013 to 2014 is adding James Ihedbigo and Teryl Austin, everyone else returned. You figure out who is responsible for the turn around of the defense from average to elite.

Digs definitely makes everyone around him better. FACT! Look how bad our defense was before he got here. Soon as he arrives we are number 2 in the league.

It could not be Austin, he does not have any stats.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's played 5 years in the NFL. Because he played all 5 of them in Detroit. It's a cumulative ranking based on his entire career. Because that's how his accomplishments were presented on every major sports outlet while he was a FA. Only asshole Lions fans like you feel the need to spin it into something else in desperate attempts to shit on him.

And only asshole fans like you feel the need to give him all the credit and shit on the rest of the team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And only asshole fans like you feel the need to give him all the credit and shit on the rest of the team.

Please list all the defensive awards each Lions defender has achieved over the past 5 seasons.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please list all the defensive awards each Lions defender has achieved over the past 5 seasons.

No one cares. Individual awards are irrelevant especially on defense. Whatever awards he got are for playing the most meaningless position on the field. He might as well be voted best long snapper.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares. Individual awards are irrelevant especially on defense. Whatever awards he got are for playing the most meaningless position on the field. He might as well be voted best long snapper.

Nice cop out.

As for the bolded part , I'll ask you a second time. What teams/players is this theory based on?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice cop out.
As for the bolded part , I'll ask you a second time. What teams/players is this theory based on?

It is not a cop out. Your statement was irrelevant. I was pointing that out.

The theory is a generalization of the opinions of many, including myself. That's why most teams will not spend a whole lot of money on those positions such as G, DT, FB, ILB. Some do here and there, but the majority do not. Unfortunately, the Lions are one of those teams that overspends on some of those positions. That should tell you something right there.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most recent info i could find was from 2013(without doing the math myself to lazy) but DT was the 3rd highest positional average salary at $1,807,581 followed closely by WR $1,806,999. QB topped the list $3,840,017 and DE was 2nd $2,599,874

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a cop out. Your statement was irrelevant. I was pointing that out.

Says who? It's relevant to me. The answer is 0. 0 accolades for any other player on that defense in the 5 years Suh was there. But he didn't carry them?

The theory is a generalization of the opinions of many, including myself. That's why most teams will not spend a whole lot of money on those positions such as G, DT, FB, ILB. Some do here and there, but the majority do not. Unfortunately, the Lions are one of those teams that overspends on some of those positions. That should tell you something right there.

Fine, show me. What teams? What salaries? I assume these are good teams? Sell me your theory. I'm listening.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most recent info i could find was from 2013(without doing the math myself to lazy) but DT was the 3rd highest positional average salary at $1,807,581 followed closely by WR $1,806,999. QB topped the list $3,840,017 and DE was 2nd $2,599,874

Adding to this nice find, 3 DT's taken in round one this year, and at least 1 in the top 15 dating back each of the last 5 years. In many years, up to 3 DT's have been taken in round 1.

DraftHistory.com

Those are not numbers that support an irrelevant position.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adding to this nice find, 3 DT's taken in round one this year, and at least 1 in the top 15t dating back each of the last 5 years. Those are not numbers that support an irrelevant position.

Funny how you take his word without any backup. Nothing against Stomp, he might have looked at an article or numbers that considered average for all players at a position, but here is what I am talking about.

CHART: NFL's Highest-Paid Positions - Business Insider

It looks at the highest paid by position, not the average of all because many of those guys are riding pine. For example teams carry 6 or 7 WRs and only a couple will be paid highly, the rest will get almost nothing and never see the field. A position like G or DT only carry a few and they all play and rotate so the backups get paid much more then a 5-7 WR.

In the above article pay attention to the orange as those are mostly starters. You can see DT is close to the bottom (excluding kickers of course) barely higher then interior O-line. ILB would be down there too if they broken them out. QB, DE, CB, WR are the top positions.