• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry
Suh
Calvin

But Calvin then Suh is also an acceptable answer.

Anything else is baloney.
Wait wait wait...Speilman is boloney? You are dead to me.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France 0.5
Germany 1.3
Romania 1.2
Ukraine 0.9
Canada 0.8
Australia 1.1
Crazy Ass USA fans on Sports SportsHoopla 9.9

eteOAhG.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Calvin is the best WR in the NFL. He's playing way better than OBJ and everyone else, even if his stats don't prove it. He's the best. Tate is the second best. Lions are awesome.

You are like talking to a brick wall. The players in the NFL will tell you he is the best WR. If you gave CJ 10 games of single coverage -- he'd put up ridiculous stats too. He still puts up monster stats on a team with no running game and teams putting 2 and 3 guys on him.

With your logic. Suh hasn't even been in the conversation as the best DT from his 2nd year on and his stats prove it. Suh only season where he put up big stats is his rookie year, when teams weren't doubling and tripling him over and over.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are like talking to a brick wall. The players in the NFL will tell you he is the best WR. If you gave CJ 10 games of single coverage -- he'd put up ridiculous stats too. He still puts up monster stats on a team with no running game and teams putting 2 and 3 guys on him.

With your logic. Suh hasn't even been in the conversation as the best DT from his 2nd year on and his stats prove it. Suh only season where he put up big stats is his rookie year, when teams weren't doubling and tripling him over and over.

Cool. Go blabber with TP.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait wait wait...Speilman is boloney? You are dead to me.

WHOA WHOA WHOA -- ARE YOU SAYING I am dead? How am I dead if I'm typing this? Using your logic were all dead. Obviously I drink way too much Red Bull. Am I saying bulls are red?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOA WHOA WHOA -- ARE YOU SAYING I am dead? How am I dead if I'm typing this? Using your logic were all dead. Obviously I drink way too much Red Bull. Am I saying bulls are red?
You're only dead to me.

Dangit...I answered you back

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARE YOU SAYING you can speak to the dead? So you're saying you can be the Lions QB??? Just because Stafford looks like Haley Jo doesn't mean you can play in the NFL. Nice logic. Get over yourself

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Detriot knows how to used the guy besides they seem to like Petiter, ( whatever their top TE was in the last 3 year better) so that good thing is Eric as a first rounder may slip out their hand in 3 years to a new team that can easily us him and build his speed up to be the next V. Davis. Secondly the guy only had 7 starts, show up in 13 games -not really starting it two TE are on the field and Mathrow likes to throw to taller guys like Megatron and other sizeable players.

It might be worth noting he's been training in the offseason with Jon Porter adding 11 lbs of muscle and dropping down to 9% body fat from ~16% which is significant given the time frame. We will at the very least see a better athlete.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Go blabber with TP.

That is about what I expect to hear from you when you realize how flawed it is to base a player's value on stats alone. The NFL isn't fantasy football.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, how silly of me not to realize your opinion is more correct than mine. Top of the muffin TO YOU!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is about what I expect to hear from you when you realize how flawed it is to base a player's value on stats alone. The NFL isn't fantasy football.

Not to be a dick, but your false analogy arguments are a waste of time and only work on TP. You always come out of left field with players not involved on the discussion. JJ Watt, now Suh and a bunch of other guys. News flash: best WR isn't an official stat. You and the rest of the Rainbros can think whatever you want about what you've got, but all that's official is 3-38 vs winning teams and 0 playoff wins. Go argue with a tree about how great these players are for all I care.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this statement being made by a guy who said exactly this in regards to Suh? I agree with this statement. It just seems to go against earlier statements.

Suh would be worth every dime if only he had Watts' glory stats, and not necessarily because of his presence within the defense and what he brings to the defense. Something along these lines.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not as awesome as he once was, imo. But that's still more awesome than most "elite" receivers could ever dream of.

Top 4, easy, in my all time favorite Lions list. (He's prolly third in my all time favorite receivers list. Non lions included and Mike Farr Superstar. (Doesn't have the same ring to it)

Aren't you forgetting Tim Toone?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Detriot knows how to used the guy besides they seem to like Petiter, ( whatever their top TE was in the last 3 year better) so that good thing is Eric as a first rounder may slip out their hand in 3 years to a new team that can easily us him and build his speed up to be the next V. Davis. Secondly the guy only had 7 starts, show up in 13 games -not really starting it two TE are on the field and Mathrow likes to throw to taller guys like Megatron and other sizeable players.

It might be worth noting he's been training in the offseason with Jon Porter adding 11 lbs of muscle and dropping down to 9% body fat from ~16% which is significant given the time frame. We will at the very least see a better athlete.

I would like to see him work on the JUGS machine all summer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this statement being made by a guy who said exactly this in regards to Suh? I agree with this statement. It just seems to go against earlier statements.

Suh would be worth every dime if only he had Watts' glory stats, and not necessarily because of his presence within the defense and what he brings to the defense. Something along these lines.

JJ Watt faces the exact same type of double and triple teams as Suh. So yes -- if two guys are facing the same type of game planning for opposing OL's to stop them and one guy (Watt) puts up stats the other (Suh) hasn't even remotely approached -- I wouldn't pay Suh anything near what Watt makes.

Now if teams were solely trying to block Watt with one player and put up those stats -- It'd be ignorant to argue he is better than someone facing double and triple teams. Kind of like it is foolish to say OBJ, based on his stats was better than Calvin, when Calvin rarely saw single coverage. OBJ was single covered for 2 months, before teams started realizing they had to try something different.

If OBJ comes out and puts up the numbers he did last year in year 2 -- I will tip my cap to him. I think now that teams know what he can do, they were be game planning to stop him. He will still get his yards, etc. -- But I don't think he puts up the numbers he did last year. Same as how Suh put up monster numbers as a rookie, when teams didn't double and triple him all game and hasn't put up numbers near that since.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a dick, but your false analogy arguments are a waste of time and only work on TP. You always come out of left field with players not involved on the discussion. JJ Watt, now Suh and a bunch of other guys. News flash: best WR isn't an official stat. You and the rest of the Rainbros can think whatever you want about what you've got, but all that's official is 3-38 vs winning teams and 0 playoff wins. Go argue with a tree about how great these players are for all I care.

Genius -- the guy you put on a pedestal and talk about as if he walks on water (Suh) is ALSO 3-38 with 0 playoff wins. And in those zero playoff wins, the defense has given up 35 PPG and over 500 yards of offense on average.

And I find it humorous that I am now one of the 'rainbros'. For some reason, if you talk to the actual 'rainbros', they'd tell you I hate the Lions.

All I'm doing is pointing out the obvious.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron so far looks like a massive bust and here is why:

On average, 4 players are voted into the Hall of Fame every year. So, if drafting in the top 4, if you don't draft a future HOF player, you missed.

On average, 24 players are First Team All-Pro at a position every year. So, if drafting in the top 22, nothing less than a future All-Pro will do (The All-Pro FB should have to sit on some other bench with the special teamers).

Yes, there will be weak drafts where there are fewer than 4 HOF and 22 All-Pro players, and with the relative value of the QB, LT, CB, and DE getting a pro bowl player between 6 and 20 is still pretty good drafting, but TE is not a prime position.

So, since Ebron doesn't look like he'll be the best TE in the league ever, nor does he really look like he'll ever be a top-5 guy, he was a miss. He might develop into a solid starter and if he ever manages to catch balls thrown his way I could see him being a Pro Bowl alternate down the road, but at 10th overall that's a whiff.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius -- the guy you put on a pedestal and talk about as if he walks on water (Suh) is ALSO 3-38 with 0 playoff wins. And in those zero playoff wins, the defense has given up 35 PPG and over 500 yards of offense on average.

And I find it humorous that I am now one of the 'rainbros'. For some reason, if you talk to the actual 'rainbros', they'd tell you I hate the Lions.

Please. Suh almost single handedly beat Dallas in the playoffs. He led them to the top ranked D all year. He can't play QB, WR and RB too.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions love is not why you're one of the 'rainbros'.

NYC: Exuberant Man With Rainbow Flag Editorial Photography - Image: 20089442

stock-photography-nyc-exuberant-man-rainbow-flag-image20089442