• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've answered this a million times, and you guys choose to ignore it. You choose to make a punch line of it. For the 5 years Suh was a Lion, he led all DT's in every major category. He led a shitty bunch of guys and shitty coaches and created an identity in Detroit, something we lacked since Barry retired. Go ahead and shit on it if that's what you need to do.
You just completely proved his point- Suh was the same awesome, bad-assed monster of a DT all five years.

So what variable suddenly caused our defense to go from average for Suh's other 4 years to great last year?

Answer:

latest

Austin_1421116298129_12424615_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

And that's in no way the indictment on Suh some of you are trying to make it out to be. Austin simply was the missing link that our defense needed. Suh was the same elite DT for all five years, but we only had an elite defense this year when Austin showed up.

Now Suh leaves and you guys seem to think it's all going to come crashing down? I just don't see that happening at all. Suh was the best at his position in the NFL and will be sorely missed, but he wasn't the sole, or even primary, reason our defense did as well as it did last year. We have a great scheme with a good coordinator and a lot of talent across the defense. We'll be fine and Suh will be missed. It is what it is.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do yourself a favor and go look at every other position on the defensive side of the ball and then tell me how DT stacks up for 1st round picks? You don't have to go crazy -- just go back the 5 years you are talking about.

i don't have time to, but I'd be shocked if DT isn't at or very near the bottom for the defensive side of the ball. DE and CB will be the runaway winner, IMO.

19 LBs taken in round 1 since 2010
20 DTs taken in round 1 since 2010.
26 DEs taken in round 1 since 2010
37 DBs taken in round 1 since 2010 (this includes all safeties too)

The conclusion? DBs are taken most because teams typically look to fill 3 starting CBs and two safeties. DE, DT and LB are all in the same ball park.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just completely proved his point- Suh was the same awesome, bad-assed monster of a DT all five years.

So what variable suddenly caused our defense to go from average for Suh's other 4 years to great last year?

Answer:

latest

Austin_1421116298129_12424615_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

And that's in no way the indictment on Suh some of you are trying to make it out to be. Austin simply was the missing link that our defense needed. Suh was the same elite DT for all five years, but we only had an elite defense this year when Austin showed up.

Now Suh leaves and you guys seem to think it's all going to come crashing down? I just don't see that happening at all. Suh was the best at his position in the NFL and will be sorely missed, but he wasn't the sole, or even primary, reason our defense did as well as it did last year. We have a great scheme with a good coordinator and a lot of talent across the defense. We'll be fine and Suh will be missed. It is what it is.

I love Austin. Gunther was poo. But the players play the game and Suh entering his prime was the leader and no.1 reason for their success last year. I'm hardly the only fan with this opinion.

I hope you're right. I hope I'm wrong.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Als

Suh's cap hit in 2016 is 28.6 million.
Lol, thank you for exposing that one for what it really was. Suh's cap hit this year = small. Suh's cap hits going forward >/= Radiers entire payroll.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you spend more than 15 seconds thinking aboot that?(you really think safety or inside linebacker is getting drafted more often? Combine them, it won't be more than DT.)

Only positions that have been drafted in the first round more than DT in the past five years: DE, LT, Corner and WR. And I didn't need to look it up. Try and prove me wrong, I dare you.

I couldn't help it -- you dared me, so I have to look it up now.

Last 5 years # drafted by position:

DT -- 12
DE -- 18
CB -- 16
S -- 10
LB -- 13

ILB is included in the LB category, just like NG is included in the DT category.

Doesn't change what I said -- CB and DE are the two premiere positions with the others being a toss up. If we really wanted to get technical -- we could say Nose Guards and ILB are drafted the least. If we take NG out of the DT picks though -- they would drop to 8 or 9 picks in the last 5 years. ILB would be the least drafted -- as i believe the only ILB drafted are Kuechly and CJ Moseley are the only two (not sure about Hightower or the guy from Clemson drafted this past year, if they are ILB or not)

Now I want my 10 minutes back, because I don't even remember what we are discussing. My boy had me up half the night, so I'm a walking zombie right now. :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't a Nose Gaurd just a 3-4 DT?

I had to dare you, but I would have double dog dared you if I really had to.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, thank you for exposing that one for what it really was. Suh's cap hit this year = small. Suh's cap hits going forward >/= Radiers entire payroll.

It's really not a bad contract for Miami at all.

His hit is 28 million in 2016, but only 15 million in 2017, and 22 million in 2018. It's not until 2019 that the hit is 28 million again, and there's a decent chance he's restructured by then. In 2020 it's down again to. 18.

combine that with projected cap increases:

Cap could hit $160 million in 2016 | ProFootballTalk

and it's really a sweet deal assuming he continues to dominate.

NFL contracts are increasing for every position. Look at the money thrown around in FA at some of these CB's. It's the nature of the beast. Bigger caps, bigger contracts. It's all relative.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't really leave I just took a couple month long hiatus. Now I'm back for good. Good to see you Smitty. It's nice to know that someone is excited that I'm back and who appreciates my insight. lol
Glad yer back man!

You were testing my patience waiting on the insight. :suds:

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad yer back man!

You were testing my patience waiting on the insight. :suds:
Well fear no more, because I'm here. Like my avatar man? It's on honor of ODB JR he had a great rookie season, so to praise that rookie season he has proven himself to be avatar worthy. lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fear no more, because I'm here. Like my avatar man? It's on honor of ODB JR he had a great rookie season, so to praise that rookie season he has proven himself to be avatar worthy. lol
I saw ODBJR tweet he was honored.

Best hands in football and he appreciates the accolades. Maybe someday Ebron will toss Captain Ron Overboard. Maybe, someday.....

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw ODBJR tweet he was honored.

Best hands in football and he appreciates the accolades. Maybe someday Ebron will toss Captain Ron Overboard. Maybe, someday.....
And to think I had two opportunities to draft him in my fantasy league. I think Ebron could be a top 10 TE this year. In fantasy top 15. Call me crazy, but idc. lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think I had two opportunities to draft him in my fantasy league. I think Ebron could be a top 10 TE this year. In fantasy top 15. Call me crazy, but idc. lol
I'm Pro-Ebron, but I don't see that big of a jump this year. Hope yer right though.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not a bad contract for Miami at all.

His hit is 28 million in 2016, but only 15 million in 2017, and 22 million in 2018. It's not until 2019 that the hit is 28 million again, and there's a decent chance he's restructured by then. In 2020 it's down again to. 18.

combine that with projected cap increases:

Cap could hit $160 million in 2016 | ProFootballTalk

and it's really a sweet deal assuming he continues to dominate.

NFL contracts are increasing for every position. Look at the money thrown around in FA at some of these CB's. It's the nature of the beast. Bigger caps, bigger contracts. It's all relative.
Not that bad huh?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that bad huh?

If the lowly Lions can make the post season paying him 22 million, I'm confident Miami can do it by only paying him 6 million more two times in the next 6 years. Hell, Pettigrew and Bell cause a hit bigger than that combined and they don't do shit for us.