• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those 4 guys are, at the very least, "solid starting TEs.".

What criteria is your opinion on those guys being good TE's? As I pointed out, they all come with issues. Any retort to those bullet points?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I would trade him for Jace Amaro of the Jets. While Kelce put up numbers. I question how much was forced his way with trust issues from Smith to WRs?

Seriously? That dude is a BEAST!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bad thing that we put in a claim for a talented guy who was available without compensation? The same guy nearly 1/3 of the league put in a claim for? Especially when we're only 3 deep at TE with actual, NFL-roster caliber TEs, one of whom (Fauria) is still nursing an injury?

Talk about reading between the lines in an attempt to manufacture an issue that doesn't even exist... putting in that claim was a basic, routine football transaction at the time of the year when rosters are at 90 players. Why wouldn't a team submit a claim for the guy? It's a win-win picking up vets off the waiver wire this time of year- if he beats out another guy and makes the squad, great, the team just got a little bit better. If he doesn't and gets cut, great, no draft picks lost in the process, no harm done.

I think this is a case of over-analyzing something that really wasn't anything to begin with...
The Lions have TWO first round TEs. One was a Top Ten pick a year ago. The other resigned like a month before that. And Mayhew needs to be looking over options from other teams scrap heaps at that position?

I'd be aboot as positive if he put a claim in on a fullback after drafting one.

Put in a claim for a third QB and I don't bat an eyelash.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see what kind of production Kelce has with Macklin in the fold for the Chefs.

Maybe he keeps it up, maybe he takes a little dip, idk. But I think KC has a really strong group on offense now that Bowe and the other blowjobs aren't all Smith has at WR.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see what kind of production Kelce has with Macklin in the fold for the Chefs.

Maybe he keeps it up, maybe he takes a little dip, idk. But I think KC has a really strong group on offense now that Bowe and the other blowjobs aren't all Smith has at WR.

Amazing that teams keep throwing millions at D. Bowe

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misinformation lol like I'm some spy trying to get the masses to think the Lions suck. You got me buddy. Busted! No keeping the truth of Ebron's elite playing level from fans with TP around to reverse my brainwashing.
Typical RobBase diversion.

I didn't say shit about Ebron's playing level, all I did was point out that your statement about none of those guys being good TEs wasn't correct at all...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What criteria is your opinion on those guys being good TE's? As I pointed out, they all come with issues. Any retort to those bullet points?
Their production. Good TEs produce. Those guys produce. See the correlation there?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, yes seriously. IMO Kelce is more a Pettigrew type. Amaro is a Gronk or Grahm style kid. I also feel Amaro is more suited for the Lions system.

I actually have not gave up on Ebron yet. One season is too early to declare bust. Two might be pushing it for a TE. He seemed to attempt to put in the work this off season. I see no immediate results after half a season and I will start rethinking on him.

I don't need big numbers from him. Besides radar lock will prevent them anyway. I need to see improvement from what touches he gets when Matt actually looks elsewhere.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their production. Good TEs produce. Those guys produce. See the correlation there?

Boy, you really stepped in that one.

Poop.gif

That right there sums up probably 75% of the arguments on this board. Media attention and flashy stats are used by too many here (and far too often, at that) to determine who the "best" players are.

I call it the Shady McCoy effect- he's a good RB for sure, but in a league with very few truly elite backs, the media has built McCoy up to be better than he is, and fantasy football junkies eat that right up because he has immense value in FF. Imo, he's far more valuable in FF than in real football...

Hopefully your Shady McCoyitus clears up soon, junkie.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called the shit poop. This is the best day of my life.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical RobBase diversion.

I didn't say shit about Ebron's playing level, all I did was point out that your statement about none of those guys being good TEs wasn't correct at all...

Poop.gif

man can u fuckers fight :)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you wont want to trade Ebron after this season. Most of you will be eating crow soon. Lol

I'm hoping to eat a 2fer special. Still hoping I eat some Stafford crow. I haven't given up on Matt yet, why would I give up on Ebron after year one? I'm sure he will be developed by his third contract also.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poop.gif

What's the Billy Madison line about that making no sense whatsoever and us all being dumber for having read it? It applies to this post for sure...