• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Emery Fired

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it happened. Thought he did a bad job, and have explained why before. Now it's time to get a replacement who can do well on both sides of the ball instead of Angelo (defense only) or Emery (offense only, and even that is iffy).

Any names?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great start! Now please announce that tresty and his brood are going too! Don't want that same thing where the new GM has to work w/ the lame duck coach.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it happened. Thought he did a bad job, and have explained why before. Now it's time to get a replacement who can do well on both sides of the ball instead of Angelo (defense only) or Emery (offense only, and even that is iffy).

Any names?

This report is from "league sources". The same league sources that said the blame was the cutler extension and how the cap had been handled. Those are the sources that claimed mccaskeys were connected to Holmgren. Gotta wonder if it all comes around.

I really dont know what is best. Do you hire the GM with control to fire everyone or do you clean the slate and let him hire everybody. There is a chance a GM connection can be made with some of the coaches. Tucker was just bad, even though we finally saw some neat blitzes yesterday. But what gives the new GM the real power, cleaning house or starting with a clean slate?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent job drafting, bad job hiring coaching. I get it.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we needed a DE, Chandler Jones was sitting there and he grabs 3-4 LB Clueless McClellin. several years later he signs 3 DE in free agency, and we have no money to chase Suh.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy part is firing Phil... The hard part will be finding the right guy to fix the house. I worry about the celebrity picks like Holmgren... What about the no. 2 guy in Baltimore who was groomed to replace Newsome? De Costa? I really don't know who the best guy for the job would be.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way the Bears can get Holmgren?

I dont know in what capacity. His name is coming up as the football czar guy. I would much rather they follow a chain of command. Hire the football consultant, hire the GM, hire the coach. Hiring the coach before the GM is just like giving the new GM the lame duck. If they want to show some cohesiveness, you would think they would hire in the proper chain. I dont like the "if your coach is there you gotta get him" mentality and then make the GM deal with him.

Shannahan bit off alot in Washington, he wanted complete control. That didnt work well. Shannahan as a head coach would be fine, but not all spread out covering everything.

Our GM should be some teams draft guru. Who is the guy in Green bay that handles the draft that had 30 some drafted players on their roster. You cannot build a team thru free agency. If you are gonna keep this Czar guy around to always work with the GM, then maybe you can seperate the GM from the coach, but bottom line, when its time to reprimand or question a coaches decision, who actually does that when the GM was hired after the coach?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to strike quickly on the new gm so we aren't settling on leftovers for coaches. I hope we have a decent group of transitional staffers and scouts in place to prospect bowl games and coaching candidates until the new gm gets everything ramped up.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to strike quickly on the new gm so we aren't settling on leftovers for coaches. I hope we have a decent group of transitional staffers and scouts in place to prospect bowl games and coaching candidates until the new gm gets everything ramped up.

Thats kinda what I am worried about. First, you think if this football Czar is looking for a permanent job, why not just hire him as the GM and president of football operations. If its Holmgren and he is already connected to the mccaskeys, I dont think anyone would complain.

You worry about making a quick decision and getting the wrong guy, but it takes a quick decision to get the right guy.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You would have to presume they've already been working on the GM search for at least a couple of weeks already. Right?

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would think they have been working back-channels for the GM position.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue to hire for Gm job......There will be names weve heard of names We've never heard of......I have no clue.

But Im guessing that they knew what they were doing and already have names in place.......

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Emory was hired was ridiculous. Let's bring in a new GM, but not one that's TOO different from the old one, cuz we don't wanna piss off the current coach, whom we'll keep, but only for one universally known, all-or-nothing year.

It was just dumb.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Emory was hired was ridiculous. Let's bring in a new GM, but not one that's TOO different from the old one, cuz we don't wanna piss off the current coach, whom we'll keep, but only for one universally known, all-or-nothing year.

It was just dumb.

well, I didnt like the fact that Emery thought he was all knowledgable and hired the coordinators before the head coach. At least we have an experienced guy deciding on GM and head coach now, I just want to feel like its a group decision this year. We arent gonna get Shannahan or Ryan or any name if he gets no say on his assistants.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to presume they've already been working on the GM search for at least a couple of weeks already. Right?

Do we? At this point it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they haven't done anything or even made the choice to can Emery until Sunday.

One can certainly hope they've been putting together a short list for the past couple weeks though.