• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embarrassing

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong? Disrespectful or not? Jenkins is an asshole or a leader? Who cares, is everyone talking about it.

Listen to the soldiers, not Trump zombies (zombies = mindless piles of flesh who have one one thing on their mind... brains, or divisiveness, racism, or intolerance). The soldiers say that this is what they fight for, the right for someone to speak out, however they choose to do it.

In my field, 99% of the people want to do the right thing, and when mistakes happen, they happen, and we deal with it. It's the 1% who are total jackasses, thinking that they can do what they want. Sounds like that very small minority who wear a uniform, a badge and a handgun (and/or taser) and who have delusions of grandeur and a sense of entitlement.

Ugh. I wish Reagan-McCain was the 2016 ticket. This country is going down the shitter.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of babies in here, I served my country, I say let the do as they please, free country and all that.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of babies in here, I served my country, I say let the do as they please, free country and all that.
No problem with people protesting. But it needs to be done on their own time. Not while working.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babies? Aren't we free to discuss their ignorance? Who are you to call your fellow Americans babies for exercising their freedoms? :2cents:

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson has said that he will take a knee along with the team if the majority does it. Oh boy! Here we go!
Pederson said he would also if the entire team did it to show unity. Pretty smart actually, he knows there's no way the entire team does it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero problem with people exercising their freedom of speech or freedom to demonstrate ... but to not show respect for the symbol that gives them that right? There's no better way to help bring awareness?? C'mon man ...

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 1 pm on Sunday, I want my players concentrating on what we are there to do, win a football game, not expressing my views on social justice. but that's just me.....

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 1 pm on Sunday, I want my players concentrating on what we are there to do, win a football game, not expressing my views on social justice. but that's just me.....
Weird. Sense and logic from a Redskins fan. ;)

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldnt find the link yet but Malcolm Jenkins on Eagles Press Pass intelligently expressed his viewpoint. Why are we so scared to LISTEN? We just spout out because we fear that something might change...

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We all have 24 hour instant news. We also know the media scans over certain stories and has 24 hr coverage of others. We also know what problems exist and obviously have different views on how they became or how to solve them. Kneeling for the National Anthem may be the most self-centered-missed the mark protest I've ever seen. It does very little for the cause and causes more division.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with people protesting. But it needs to be done on their own time. Not while working.
Lets not act like the NFL is something fans few as a job. Also, doing it pre game isnt exactly while working, its not like they are doing this in the middle of a drive in the 3rd Q.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babies? Aren't we free to discuss their ignorance? Who are you to call your fellow Americans babies for exercising their freedoms? :2cents:
I'm exercising my freedom you just brought up. You can have your opinion, I can have mine. :thumb:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We all have 24 hour instant news. We also know the media scans over certain stories and has 24 hr coverage of others. We also know what problems exist and obviously have different views on how they became or how to solve them. Kneeling for the National Anthem may be the most self-centered-missed the mark protest I've ever seen. It does very little for the cause and causes more division.
It is a non welcome attraction to say the least!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm exercising my freedom you just brought up. You can have your opinion, I can have mine. :thumb:
Nobody called you a baby for doing it. Now don't cry victim.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it.....these actions do not create change.

However, the media attention leads these guys an illusion that it does. ESPN's main page had a headline about "which players knelt today" While I am new here you all will find that I rarely miss a valid chance to point out that ESPN has become nothing but a bunch of drama driven bitches....TMZ Sports.....and not simply the sports network they once were.

They are not covering the "story" because there is a deep caring about the subject that drives the protest....but because it is polarizing and has people worked up and talking...not about the deep societal issues driving the protests.....but about the drama for drama sake. Because drama sells.

So....if Eagles players want to help continue to exacerbate that drama before kickoff....well...I just dont care.

And that will be the last I comment on this matter on the board. Because....you know.....posting equals caring. And I think the quickest way to end all of this ultimately useless protesting is for everyone that takes umbrage to it to just stop caring and paying attention. It will end as quick as it started.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care any longer. It is just the entertainment industry and I have enough crap to worry about in my life to give this issue any more energy. They have a right to sit. We have right to agree to disagree. I don't get to go to the games so I will just fast forward to the kick off. :)

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the outrage at the television stations that have camera men walking around filming things and ignoring the national anthem? What about at all the people who stop standing at attention and start screaming after the word "free"? Or what about the people last week who could be hearing shouting "stand up" at Kaepernick during the anthem?

Each one of those items may not seem disrespectful to you, but each one goes against the flag code. Each one CAN be viewed as disrespectful. I have served and I am tired of hearing people use my service and the service of others as a reason they get to try to shut down someone else's voice. I'm not saying you cannot speak up, just leave the service of veterans out of it. Speak for yourselves. I served so people COULD use their voice.

If people truly want to support veterans and our troops here are the ways to do it:
1. Vote out representatives/senators who vote against programs that help veterans especially disabled/mentally ill ones.
2. Vote out representatives/senators who cut programs that aid veterans.
3. Vote out representatives/senators who send soldiers to war and do not provide any ways of caring for these soldiers and their families upon their return or death.
4. Donate to local charities that help veterans (not big charities that spend 30% of their budget or more on salaries and marketing)
5. Hire veterans.
6. Volunteer and help veterans who need it.
7. Help families who have lost someone in service.
8. Provide veteran discount at your business.

You will notice standing for the national anthem is not there, because it doesn't really do anything to help the troops or our veterans. It often is just a way for people to feel morally superior so they can forget about the 20 veterans who take their lives daily, or live on the streets, or suffer PTSD.

Lastly, the U.S. is a great country. I served her and did so gladly. Being a great country does not mean we shouldn't always try to strive to be better. Letting people use their voices peacefully is how we do that. If someone kneeling today during the national anthem leads to a discussion that prevents violence and death in the streets, sign me up, every single time.