• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embarrassing

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting how many just want to "protest" but dont want to actively do anything for their cauee other then kneel, sit down or the laziest donate a small fraction of their considerable wealth. As of right now Dwayne Wade has been the only one to actively try and bring both sides together.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open up that wallet guys and put your money where your mouth is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I was so pissed when I heard our team wanted to distract themselves with this bullshit.

Sounded like it was the defense. But I'm not going to hear anything else about it if I can avoid it.

Such a shame these multi-million dollar athletes can't appreciate a country that enables them to play a game for a living and opportunity for fame.

They are pissing in the face of almost everyone that contributes dollars to their paycheck.

Made me want to get rid of all my fantasy teams and stop following the league.

We have a great young coach, a promising young QB and then this fucking bullshit tries to take away from all the positives going here.

Such a disgrace and yes, embarrassing.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ has his own foundation for scholarships and youth initiatives, he been a contributor while in Columbus, N.O. and now Philly.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting how many just want to "protest" but dont want to actively do anything for their cauee other then kneel, sit down or the laziest donate a small fraction of their considerable wealth. As of right now Dwayne Wade has been the only one to actively try and bring both sides together.

That's how bad this generation is ...even the so called "activists" are lazy.

How are the street protests coming?

new-york-manhattan-5th-avenue-and-42nd-street-picture-id200568321-001

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ has his own foundation for scholarships and youth initiatives, he been a contributor while in Columbus, N.O. and now Philly.
Thats good, but those are becoming less and less. The other thing is what is the protest for .. it seems like they are protesting a blanket issue of "social injustice". Not even sure all 9 of them realize that. The Seahawks appeared to be doing a counter protest.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has always seemed like an upstanding guy. A shame he let this disease of divisiveness get a hold of him.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article that MJ wants to do something, but he does not know what to do, but there is going to be something. Just shows he is an asshole and wants to start trouble. As much as it would kill me, I am about ready to hang it up. Hope he blows a knee!

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to regroup. You respect MJ all this time then when he has something important to say...in his mind, this is his experience and opinion...suddenly no respect. How about believing thatbthere is an issue that black people percieve and we listen instead of instantly turning on them like ignorant humans. So much for Brotherly love...

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues need to be fixed outside of the flag, anthem and football game. Just as Jenkins gained all that respect he can lose it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues need to be fixed outside of the flag, anthem and football game. Just as Jenkins gained all that respect he can lose it.

I think disrespecting the thing that actually gives people the right to speak their minds and be heard is incredibly idiotic. There are so many other ways to protest and be heard, yet these retards choose to not respect a symbol that so many have fought and died for. To each his own, but I have zero respect for any of these idiots who won't stand for the flag.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think disrespecting the thing that actually gives people the right to speak their minds and be heard is incredibly idiotic. There are so many other ways to protest and be heard, yet these retards choose to not respect a symbol that so many have fought and died for. To each his own, but I have zero respect for any of these idiots who won't stand for the flag.

Which ones? Others have not had any effect at all - being ignored or swept under the carpet for whatever reason. People consistently looked the other way. Now the cannot anymore.

Of course one can also argue that the flag (and anthem) in many ways was hijacked after 9/11 - and that many talking about the flag and anthem being disrespected deliberately ignore much of the history associated with both.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country is not perfect, but I have been to plenty of other countries and having Cuban parents I know plenty about not having freedoms. My wife is also half African American ... so again, I know plenty about black history and their hardships. I won't get too much into this as I come to these forums to talk sports, but to tread on the flag to get people to listen imo is ridiculous. Some of these people need to make a trek to other countries to see just how good they have it here ... despite all it's imperfections.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF GAME THREAD starts here and now.

I though that politics and Wing's homosexuality were two things we never talk about on the board.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not about this country being any better or worse than other countries. The world is a horribly fu**ed up place when you open up your eyes and see what's going on, and it's going on everywhere. This is not about disrespecting the flag. There just isn't a bigger platform than this, to bring awareness to such a huge issue.

Most these Eagle athletes you guys know are great human beings, and do so much for the Philadelphia community. You think they want to disrespect the country they live in? Absolutely not. These men are already made, they're millionaires, and a lot of them seem genuinely grateful. They're fighting for others, and that's brave. Putting your own name in jeopardy to try to make the country, and the world, a better place. The simple fact that any country would be so incredibly patriotic, is one of the main reasons why there is so much divide in the world. You put everyone in a group. Countries, races, genders, sexual orientation, religion, etc….we've put them all into groups, and when you're in a certain group it becomes too easy to judge the other groups and be against them, because they're not like you.

We must keep an open-mind and understand it's not always one side or the other. It's not just supporting the flag, it's not just supporting the cause, it has to be both…but the world is too close-minded. We're all just creatures on planet earth, and where we were born is completely random. Why should we rub it in other peoples face that the land we live on is so much greater than theirs -- shouldn't we just be grateful and pipe down? Shouldn't we stride to become better? Not in any kind of competition with other countries, but just because of the fact that we can be better….a LOT better. Like I said, this is not about disrespecting the flag -- and it's not about taking one side or the other, it's about being open-minded and trying to understand the purpose.

Because this is their profession, they should not allow this to become a distraction. If the whole team wants to unite and stand for a purpose and raise awareness, I will absolutely keep an open-mind to that. I just don't want this to become a distraction.

Reactions: ill

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually gained a lot of respect for Jerry Jones this week. He told the Cowboys that none of them were to kneel. He was not going to have them disrespect the flag in his stadium.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats good, but those are becoming less and less. The other thing is what is the protest for .. it seems like they are protesting a blanket issue of "social injustice". Not even sure all 9 of them realize that. The Seahawks appeared to be doing a counter protest.

They changed their mind because the entire team could not agree to take a knee, so they stood in solidarity as a team and respect to the anniversary.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson has said that he will take a knee along with the team if the majority does it. Oh boy! Here we go!