• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embarrassing

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Doug Baldwin just schooled Colin Kaepernick; this is what I was talking about back on page 1 in being similar to Dwayne Wade. Fact gathering, talking to all involved, trying to bring everyone together in a non-confrontational environment, actually doing something rather then being decisive with his "pig socks" and donating a bit of money to some organizations -- which is fine they need money -- but that doesn't make you a leader of a movement or really involved your just like all the other millionaires looking for a tax write-off.

Seahawks' Doug Baldwin calls for nationwide review of police policies
I know a lot of people think black people need to be lockstep on every topic. Doug Baldwin's comments are clear evidence of the diversity of strategic approaches to a large problem. Doug Baldwin isn't "schooling" Kaep, just as Kaep isn't the lone voice. He's hitting the problem from another angle, and i'm glad that resonated favorably with you. Obviously attacking a major problem from multiple angles likely results in a successful solution to that problem, this way if one proposed solution fails, there's multiple others waiting in the wings.

Kaep was Phase I--drawing attention to the problem
Baldwin may be starting Phase II--proposing solutions.
____?____(its unlikely it would be an athlete) starts Phase III- action/change.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up some good points. Division only adds more problems. I could easily accept an organization
called People against police violence. Plus I would imagine that some whites and Hispanics have been victims
in similar conditions. Also I have never seen a situation in the news where an Asian decent has been a victim.
There are better ways to protest in my opinion.

I completely support more overview for police. I'm no fan myself. I understand there are good cops also, but I do think they have created the environment we now have. Notice "protect and serve" is no longer part of their decree??? Kids use to enjoy waving and talking to cop. Now you look at a cop and smile and they want to find something to write you up for. They have created a confrontational environment with the public. NOW, THAT SAID, that is no excuse to punks that run, have guns, resist and cause other problems. But the police now act like everyone is like that. And they are making problems worse. I have no issues at all about people against police violence. But that is not a race issue. Kapp and the guys have made this a race issue. Which is why it is ridiculous for Freamon to bring up MLK when he was about the CHARACTER OF A MAN, not the color of his skin. Nothing these guys did brought people together. It is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the country and those that have supported them. There are certainly better ways to protest. I never had a negative view of kapp, until now.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all lives matter. It would appear that a lot of people think that as White Americans we are somehow immune to oppression or racism. Here is a quote from the brother of the shooting victim in Charolette.

"The brother of Keith Lamont Scott, the Charlotte man shot and killed by police whose shooting led to riots overnight, called all police and white people “fucking devils” in an outburst to local media.

Asked if there was anything people should know, the man, Tim Jackson, responded, “Just know that all white people are fucking devils. All white cops are fucking devils, and white people.”

The officer who shot and killed his brother was black."

I have European and Hispanic bloodlines but I look white. My grandmother barely spoke English. Why do I not care about what race you are? My mother taught me to be a good person. My kids aren't racist because I taught them to be good people.

HATE is taught!

Well said.

But this is not racism. right?

Character over Color!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely support more overview for police. I'm no fan myself. I understand there are good cops also, but I do think they have created the environment we now have. Notice "protect and serve" is no longer part of their decree??? Kids use to enjoy waving and talking to cop. Now you look at a cop and smile and they want to find something to write you up for. They have created a confrontational environment with the public. NOW, THAT SAID, that is no excuse to punks that run, have guns, resist and cause other problems. But the police now act like everyone is like that. And they are making problems worse. I have no issues at all about people against police violence. But that is not a race issue. Kapp and the guys have made this a race issue. Which is why it is ridiculous for Freamon to bring up MLK when he was about the CHARACTER OF A MAN, not the color of his skin. Nothing these guys did brought people together. It is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the country and those that have supported them. There are certainly better ways to protest. I never had a negative view of kapp, until now.
it's too bad a month later, you're still hung up on the form of non-violent protest when you actually seem to agree with the underlying principle.

Now if you could get past the form (which is causing you to take umbrage with the protesters, instead of the folks responsible for there even needing to be a protest in the first place), well then dirty cops might actually have something to worry about...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L. Freamon, I want you to know that I am a Mike Tomlin fan. He's a follower o f Jesus Christ. Just in case you didn't know.