• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embarrassing officiating

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hood ended up on the floor. Whenever a player is knocked to the ground 3 feet from a ref, you're almost certainly going to get a whistle.

trolly....own up....you haven't seen the replay. He wasn't knocked to the floor. He flopped....and that's not a bad thing, it's a part of the game I acknowledge...but please don't say he was knocked to the floor.

All these PFs and Centers who could take the best hit I have all of a sudden a breeze makes em crash to the ground. :laugh3:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think CJ Fair really appreciated it.

We don't know that for sure. But we both know without a doubt he didn't like the call. In the pix...is cj being held back from Coach or is he being held back from the official:

jim-boeheim-ejected-duke1.jpg

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...and coach k even praised him for his actions. :L

boeheim should be a true leader and give himself a one game suspension as a teaching lesson to his team on how to behave and do the right thing.....

Yeah....he said he was sitting out the next time SU plays Florida.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trolly....own up....you haven't seen the replay. He wasn't knocked to the floor. He flopped....and that's not a bad thing, it's a part of the game I acknowledge...but please don't say he was knocked to the floor.

All these PFs and Centers who could take the best hit I have all of a sudden a breeze makes em crash to the ground. :laugh3:

I've watched the replay dozens of times.

He was trying to take a charge. That means he wasn't making any attempt at all to stay upright. That's how you take a charge. You certainly don't stand there hoping the defensive player hits you and he falls down. At that point you aren't trying to hold your ground.

Flopping is falling without contact (or at the very least, minimal contact) Fair absolutely made enough contact to knock him over. Fair is listed at 6'8" 215lbs. Hood is listed at 6'8" 215lbs. With Fair running full steam at Hood, he absolutely had enough momentum to knock Hood down. You're the one who needs to own up here jonvi.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't like him anyways, :lol: If the guy from Cincinnati sat out after poor conduct on the court, he would miss half the games. :yahoo:...bunch of tough guys on here; one screw up and your gone. I need to improve my life to that level where my conduct is always perfect...Naa, have a few drinks and be stupid...more fun....sorry.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't like him anyways, :lol: If the guy from Cincinnati sat out after poor conduct on the court, he would miss half the games. :yahoo:...bunch of tough guys on here; one screw up and your gone. I need to improve my life to that level where my conduct is always perfect...Naa, have a few drinks and be stupid...more fun....sorry.

I don't think anyone is asking him to not make mistakes... just to take a little responsibility when he makes a big one.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poor conduct has consequences. especially when you laugh it off and are suppose to be some great leader to the charges under you. Was it Fair who when asked if boeheim cost them game said,"they made 3 of the 4 technicals so you do the math?" Whoever said it was spot on.....

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are there. You've gone from you don't think Fair really appreciated it.......to....him answering a question.

A person has to keep an eye on you trolly. :suds:

And you're going from a picture of Fair mean-mugging someone...... to....... him not liking the call. :suds:

I think we can both agree he probably didn't like the call, and I think we can both agree he probably didn't appreciate Boeheim's tantrum.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone knows cuse is too scared to play the sec in OOC games....

SU is 4 - 1 all time agains Florida and is 3 - 1 against Billy D.

Come on man....at least troll with some style.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying that; virtually every inside play, there is a no call. If a foul was called each time there was contact, we would be treated to a game of constant FT's and no transition basketball.

To argue your point of contact inside, I agree. But in THIS instance, there has to be a call made!

I tried to look at it again, I can't find a video that shows me that officials POV. Until then, I will maintain that play is either charge or block and a charge was called. :2cents:

We can sit here and criticize a guy that had to make a point blank decision and trust me, that play is by far the hardest to call, and he made it, right or wrong.

Again, not sure who's officiated bball games. But if you haven't, you really can't argue here. Until you yourself have been in that situation, have no leg to stand on.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes every post of mine is an attempt to troll you... :dhd:

you must be light headed from sucking on dczona's junk so much. you two make me laugh. somehow you have appointed yourselves the board monitors of what is acceptable here. good luck with that.... :thumb:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To argue your point of contact inside, I agree. But in THIS instance, there has to be a call made!

I tried to look at it again, I can't find a video that shows me that officials POV. Until then, I will maintain that play is either charge or block and a charge was called. :2cents:

We can sit here and criticize a guy that had to make a point blank decision and trust me, that play is by far the hardest to call, and he made it, right or wrong.

Again, not sure who's officiated bball games. But if you haven't, you really can't argue here. Until you yourself have been in that situation, have no leg to stand on.

juz so we are clear....I'm not arguing the call one bit. It was a call and I'm fine with it. And I'll bet runeman feels the same way. He doesn't complain about officiating either. He has said in the past, the officials have a hard job and making split second decisions puts them in a rough spot.

Debating this call isn't to belittle the officials.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you must be light headed from sucking on dczona's junk so much. you two make me laugh. somehow you have appointed yourselves the board monitors of what is acceptable here. good luck with that.... :thumb:

I'm not monitoring....I'm hoping you'll up your game to an interesting level. And how'd dc get into this. The guy's on the west coast. I assume he's still sleeping off the weekend.

You keep coming up with jiz of all sorts. Stay focused man.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he gives me a thumbs down. I guess the man just hates facts.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...and coach k even praised him for his actions. :L

boeheim should be a true leader and give himself a one game suspension as a teaching lesson to his team on how to behave and do the right thing.....

everyone knows cuse is too scared to play the sec in OOC games....

And he gives me a thumbs down. I guess the man just hates facts.

i posted about boeheim's reaction to his behavior post game. you make it an attack on florida. who's the troll??? :noidea:

Sure man.