• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elliotte Friedman 31 thoughts

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida most likely wants MacKinnon and Colorado likely wants Jones, and if we know it then they most certainly know it. I wonder what Florida would have to give in addition to their #2 overall pick to trade up to #1 just to have a bit more certainty. I can't imagine they'd be willing to give up too much since they know they can probably get MacKinnon at #2, and if not then either Jones or Drouin would still be a pretty good plan B. If the Avs can even get a C asset to trade down to #2 I think they should take it, but are probably holding out for a B asset.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take for the Flames to get the #5 pick from Carolina - A good start to a re-build would be picking back-to-back at positions #5 and #6. The only guys I wouldn't want to part with would be Brodie and Baertschi, but would Giordano + Backlund + #22 pick be enough?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take for the Flames to get the #5 pick from Carolina - A good start to a re-build would be picking back-to-back at positions #5 and #6. The only guys I wouldn't want to part with would be Brodie and Baertschi, but would Giordano + Backlund + #22 pick be enough?

I'd listen to that as Carolina's GM but I'd ask for more I think. It seems like a pretty good offer. Giordano is damn good.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd listen to that as Carolina's GM but I'd ask for more I think. It seems like a pretty good offer. Giordano is damn good.

Thanks for your reply, Kenny. I'm not even sure if I would want to make the deal (Backlund was starting to show some real promise last season) and that's just to acquire the #5 draft pick and it probably still isn't enough to get it done. Things should really start percolating as we get closer to draft day.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for replying to Dash Kenny

Thanks for your reply, Kenny. I'm not even sure if I would want to make the deal (Backlund was starting to show some real promise last season) and that's just to acquire the #5 draft pick and it probably still isn't enough to get it done. Things should really start percolating as we get closer to draft day.

Thanks for thanking Kenny that he replied Dash and Thanks for the Question and reply to Kenny.

I really have nothing to add to this but this Canadian Reply.. Thank you and sorry for wasting any time eh.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the Devils financial woes:

Here’s what’s true in that story: The lockout and missing the playoffs hurt the team financially (which, obviously, makes sense).

And Vanderbeek is in the process of bringing in at least one new partner (possibly more). That’s been ongoing.

Bringing in that money from the new partner(s) will help the team, which did not miss a payment, but has one due in the next month or so.

The plan is for all of this (bringing in the new partner(s)) to be settled before then.

It took some time, but the Devils made a very “real” offer to Parise.

He didn’t take it.

And last year some people were saying they didn’t have the money to re-sign Brodeur, Salvador or anyone.

That was proven false. In fact, some here feel Devils gave Salvador too much money.

The fact of the matter is they re-signed all of their players last summer except for Parise and in Parise’s own words he said they made a competitive offer.

And, the Devils have plenty of company among the teams that have applied for and received advance payments from the NHL over the years.

Fire & Ice - Devils courting minority partner(s) to bolster finances

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Devils can find the financial partners and stability to keep things going, Nasty...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another problem with the Devils is that Vanderbeek is probably his own worst enemy. A lot of potential investors are turned off because they probably want a bigger stake in the team than is being offered. Vanderbeek does not want to lose control of the team.

This all started because Vanderbeek's partner in buying the team was heavily invested in Real Estate, when the market tanked so did his fortune. Vanderbeek bought his share in the team, which as it turns out, was too much debt for Vanderbeek to take on. The Devils I believe actually operate at a profit, it's the arena payments that are likely crippling him.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Will every Finnish player be linked to Columbus Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen? The latest has unrestricted free agent-to-be Valtteri Filppula as a strong candidate for Columbus.

WOOOO WE GET TEEMU!
:rollseyes:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Will every Finnish player be linked to Columbus Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen? The latest has unrestricted free agent-to-be Valtteri Filppula as a strong candidate for Columbus.

WOOOO WE GET TEEMU!
:rollseyes:

how bout Saku too?

/aside: heard this the other day > If Saku Koivu makes the FIN team and they get to the podium, Koivu will become the only hockey player w/ 5 Olympic medals. And he missed 2002 Salt Lake City due to cancer

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how bout Saku too?

/aside: heard this the other day > If Saku Koivu makes the FIN team and they get to the podium, Koivu will become the only hockey player w/ 5 Olympic medals. And he missed 2002 Salt Lake City due to cancer

Well, obviously. Him, Mikko. Olli Jokinen. Joni Pitkanen.

Heck, we'll even take Mikka Hakkinen. Our GM is Finnish. He only wants Finns! Kimi Raikkonen is finnish too. And he knows what HE's doing.

/srs note, I am rooting for Saku in Sochi. That is an amazing Stat.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire & Ice

Wow, looks like Vanderbeek is going to give up majority share of the Devils and become a minority owner. Get this done ASAP so we can actually spend in free agency.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 23s
30 Thoughts back today

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: NHL clarifies illegal check to head rule | Hockey | CBC Sports

18. A lot of surprise at Brian Burke's decision to join the Calgary Flames as president of hockey operations. He'd told people earlier in the summer that he wasn't interested, only to change his mind. The one thing everyone who knows him said? Some version of "No way he is going without control." There are a lot of layers in Calgary, a lot of people who like to call the shots.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else has a lot of layers? An onion. And like an onion, the more layers you peel away, the more it stinks.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else has a lot of layers? An onion. And like an onion, the more layers you peel away, the more it stinks.

maybe its black mold ?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29. If he was anywhere near healthy, have to figure Darren Helm would have been in Calgary, too.

Ummmm SUUUURRRE Elliott.

Last edited by a moderator: