• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Is Out.....Jones Is In.....

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mo did that hit in 2019, he's probably suspended for the rest of the year.

Don't remember who 92 is, but he gets an assist. After that hit from behind, Drew was motoring like Tyreek Hill into Mo.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, I agree... But once you don't... you cant give up on eli after week 2... Just horrible and continues the embarrassment that the Giants have been for the past 3 season... Being a bad team is one thing, but they have embarrassed themselves...
I can appreciate fans being loyal to their players. It is admirable.
but
As far as a HC goes. They are supposed to do what is best for the team.
Jones starting IMO is best for the team. If the HC knows they will not make the playoffs with Eli. & the HC should know way better than us. Then why wait til they are out of the playoff running to make the change.
In my mind this is the HC NOT giving up on the season, but trying to save it. I think it is the right move. Think if I were a Giants fan *schmoop spits on the ground* I would commend the HC for the move, which I assume isnt a popular move in NY.
At least your headcoach isnt a puppet.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone just answer me this,

What did eli do so far this season to CHANGE anyone's mind about him??
nothing.
I thought they should have opened with Jones.
oh, I agree... But once you don't... you cant give up on eli after week 2... Just horrible and continues the embarrassment that the Giants have been for the past 3 season... Being a bad team is one thing, but they have embarrassed themselves...
I'm glad Jones sat the first 2 games.

With Golden Tate out both and then Sterling Shepard out week 2... and going up against 2 good defenses in Dallas and Buffalo... it was not a good position to throw the young kid in IMO.

Now that we're moving on to Tampa Bay... I'm more comfortable with the move. Better opportunity to get his feet wet.

Hopefully Shepard is back in the line up.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate fans being loyal to their players. It is admirable.
but
As far as a HC goes. They are supposed to do what is best for the team.
Jones starting IMO is best for the team. If the HC knows they will not make the playoffs with Eli. & the HC should know way better than us. Then why wait til they are out of the playoff running to make the change.
In my mind this is the HC NOT giving up on the season, but trying to save it. I think it is the right move. Think if I were a Giants fan *schmoop spits on the ground* I would commend the HC for the move, which I assume isnt a popular move in NY.
At least your headcoach isnt a puppet.

But again, if Jones is believed to be best for the team after week 2, what changed?? as he wasn't believed best before...

and when you do have a face of a team for a decade+, you shouldn't treat him like that... If you don't want him, let him leave gracefully... You took that away from him...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what is missing... you don't consider week 3 a lost season YET... so you are switching to jones in hope of a winning season... But now whose to blame if it is not a winning season?? Let Eli shoulder all the blame... Now if they don't make the playoffs, it is on Daniel Jones...
Can't imagine many think they have any hope of reaching the playoffs no matter who plays QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why can't they change course after week 2? If they feel they made a mistake better to keep making same mistake?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine many think they have any hope of reaching the playoffs no matter who plays QB.

then why make the move week 3?? that is saying you have a better chance to WIN with Jones?? you cant have it both ways!!!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, if Jones is believed to be best for the team after week 2, what changed?? as he wasn't believed best before...

and when you do have a face of a team for a decade+, you shouldn't treat him like that... If you don't want him, let him leave gracefully... You took that away from him...
always should be about the team not the player (its a business blah blah blah)
To be honest they did treat him right.
If he was any other QB or in any other camp, he would have lost his job in camp. The team gave him 2 weeks to see if he could create some kind of magic. He didnt. if Eli stayed the QB. To me that is the giants saying they have no chance at a playoff berth & let him have his graceful exit. they didnt. Their attitude is what can we do to make the playoffs.
Remember. The coaches see him all week in practice, not just the games. Giants arent gonna score points with Eli. (except when Barkley breaks a long run) Down deep I think all giant fans know this. But then again. Down deep I think all giant fans know they wont make the playoffs so why not let Eli play. the team cant act like that though. Their goal is to try & make the playoffs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why can't they change course after week 2? If they feel they made a mistake better to keep making same mistake?

of course they can... because they did... But its a slap in the face to Eli, and it puts unneeded pressure on Jones... so its a lose lose situation...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they
then why make the move week 3?? that is saying you have a better chance to WIN with Jones?? you cant have it both ways!!!
They make the move for a very simple reason....Jones is the future and experience is never bad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always should be about the team not the player (its a business blah blah blah)
To be honest they did treat him right.
If he was any other QB or in any other camp, he would have lost his job in camp. The team gave him 2 weeks to see if he could create some kind of magic. He didnt. if Eli stayed the QB. To me that is the giants saying they have no chance at a playoff berth & let him have his graceful exit. they didnt. Their attitude is what can we do to make the playoffs.
Remember. The coaches see him all week in practice, not just the games. Giants arent gonna score points with Eli. (except when Barkley breaks a long run) Down deep I think all giant fans know this. But then again. Down deep I think all giant fans know they wont make the playoffs so why not let Eli play. the team cant act like that though. Their goal is to try & make the playoffs.
Mostly agree other than the playoff comments. I don't think anyone there thinks playoffs are an option (though no one would say it). Might as well let the kid gain valuable experience.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they can... because they did... But its a slap in the face to Eli, and it puts unneeded pressure on Jones... so its a lose lose situation...
They cannot care about Eli over team, and in what world is experience a bad thing?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree other than the playoff comments. I don't think anyone there thinks playoffs are an option (though no one would say it). Might as well let the kid gain valuable experience.
pretty sure the coach isnt gonna say. We have no chance at the playoffs, let's get the kid some exp.
I am pretty sure the coach is gonna say. Jones gives us the best chance to win.

Even though both are true.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they

They make the move for a very simple reason....Jones is the future and experience is never bad.

im not arguing about the future... Of course you want to see Jones play at some point in the season... But at least give a valid excuse to do so...

2 weeks is not enough to give up on Eli, when he did nothing to change peoples opinions about him... If your opinion was already so little on him, then he shouldn't have started the season... period...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not arguing about the future... Of course you want to see Jones play at some point in the season... But at least give a valid excuse to do so...

2 weeks is not enough to give up on Eli, when he did nothing to change peoples opinions about him... If your opinion was already so little on him, then he shouldn't have started the season... period...
You've been given reasonable explanations but for whatever reason dismiss it. They gave Eli a shot to see if he had something left. He doesn't. and nothing wrong with letting the kid sit a game or 2. Also nothing wrong with changing course.

What is your hesitation........
You think he can't get them to playoffs?
He can and you want to tank?
They made a choice and no one should ever change course?
If this was not Eli would you care so much?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they did already by starting eli over the kid...
Ok...but you ignored the question. In what world is experience a bad thing?

are you thinking when TT went down last year Browns should have gone with Stanton?
Had he not gone down would they have been foolish to change at halftime of that Jet game (which I think they were going to do)?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been given reasonable explanations but for whatever reason dismiss it. They gave Eli a shot to see if he had something left. He doesn't. and nothing wrong with letting the kid sit a game or 2. Also nothing wrong with changing course.

What is your hesitation........
You think he can't get them to playoffs?
He can and you want to tank?
They made a choice and no one should ever change course?
If this was not Eli would you care so much?

probably wouldn't care as much if it wasn't eli, and would certainly care less if I thought the team had any chance of success...

But because I don't think they have a chance for success, I would rather them LOSE with Eli, and then when they are out of it by week 9 or 10, then give the kid PLENTY of time to show us what he is worth...

But when you make the move after week 2, you are putting too much pressure on the kid... and you are slapping Eli in the face... AGAIN...

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean the Giants are going to fire their coach next week?