• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Is Out.....Jones Is In.....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TornOddballCapeghostfrog-small.gif

denial?? of what??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why they should have made a change.

denial is definitely the wrong term... and the potential reasoning you see, doesn't coincide with my reasoning...

I never said, don't put the kid in because he sucks... or, you cant bench Eli, because eli is the greatest...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denial is definitely the wrong term... and the potential reasoning you see, doesn't coincide with my reasoning...

I never said, don't put the kid in because he sucks... or, you cant bench Eli, because eli is the greatest...
I am not saying that is what you are saying.

I am saying the goal is to win & build for the future.
The move does both things & you deny to see it. I say deny because I know you are smart enough to see it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying that is what you are saying.

I am saying the goal is to win & build for the future.
The move does both things & you deny to see it. I say deny because I know you are smart enough to see it.

maybe it is because nobody gave me an answer that I can truly understand to this one question

What changed from preseason to after week 2 to make this decision??(if you liked Jones better he should have just started the season- give Eli time to gracefully exit)

if you want to say it is the 2 losses, and the goal is to win... well, then you are putting all the pressure in the world on a kid to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start... so the winning angle does not resonate for me...

the future angle doesn't either, because what can be seen in 14 games can also be seen in 7 games... so why not do a more traditional transition??

and then its the whole ELI situation, why slap him in the face if you are expecting to be a losing team this year???

if the giants do make the playoffs this season, then I will eat crow, and admit that the giants made the right move... but if they don't, then I just cant see it...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it is because nobody gave me an answer that I can truly understand to this one question

What changed from preseason to after week 2 to make this decision??(if you liked Jones better he should have just started the season- give Eli time to gracefully exit)

if you want to say it is the 2 losses, and the goal is to win... well, then you are putting all the pressure in the world on a kid to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start... so the winning angle does not resonate for me...

the future angle doesn't either, because what can be seen in 14 games can also be seen in 7 games... so why not do a more traditional transition??

and then its the whole ELI situation, why slap him in the face if you are expecting to be a losing team this year???

if the giants do make the playoffs this season, then I will eat crow, and admit that the giants made the right move... but if they don't, then I just cant see it...
already did this with you on preseason to week 2. Not gonna go in circles.

but (bold print)

its called experience.
14 games helps more than 7 games just like 3 years experience helps over 1. there is no substitute for experience.
If he is not overwhelmed by the game. Put him in to learn (i.e. Future)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already did this with you on preseason to week 2. Not gonna go in circles.

but (bold print)

its called experience.
14 games helps more than 7 games just like 3 years experience helps over 1. there is no substitute for experience.
If he is not overwhelmed by the game. Put him in to learn (i.e. Future)

again, that doesn't make sense, because why did he not start in the first place??

Once you say eli is starting the season, you are telling Jones that he is learning the old fashioned way...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, that doesn't make sense, because why did he not start in the first place??

Once you say eli is starting the season, you are telling Jones that he is learning the old fashioned way...
I dont disagree he should have started in the 1st place.
but the one thing as a HC to get fired is to make a mistake & then refuse to fix it. You HC decided to fix it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you are saying something to the effect of "well they were wrong from the beginning so keep being wrong and play the lesser player."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about he didn't start in the first place because your team screwed up and didn't play the better player?

Better?

My team did the same BTW and started TT over baker last year. I suspect if TT didn't get hurt they were making the change at half or the next game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as I said, you just have to be messing with us. You have to know better.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about he didn't start in the first place because your team screwed up and didn't play the better player?

Better?

My team did the same BTW and started TT over baker last year. I suspect if TT didn't get hurt they were making the change at half or the next game.

but there is no parallel between the Browns and the giants situation because Eli Manning is at WORST the 2nd most important player in franchise history...

going to Mayfield, was ONLY about going to the better QB, they also did it midgame when it was clear their starter just couldn't handle it...

it is much easier to switch during a game...

Eli didn't show anything less than we all knew he was... he was actually DECENT the first 2 games... definitely not bad....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said, you just have to be messing with us. You have to know better.

again, not messing with you at all...

and again, I will only see this to be the correct move if the Giants make the playoffs...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, not messing with you at all...

and again, I will only see this to be the correct move if the Giants make the playoffs...
And it's comments like those that make me think you are messing with us. You have to be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but there is no parallel between the Browns and the giants situation because Eli Manning is at WORST the 2nd most important player in franchise history...

going to Mayfield, was ONLY about going to the better QB, they also did it midgame when it was clear their starter just couldn't handle it...

it is much easier to switch during a game...

Eli didn't show anything less than we all knew he was... he was actually DECENT the first 2 games... definitely not bad....
Easier to switch during a game without giving the guy any reps in practice?

Ok...you got me. well played.

If you aren't messing with us, your premise is they screwed up from the beginning so keep screwing up.