• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt worry, this series is over, I think happening in 6 is very possible, but if not, Cleveland isnt winning in Boston

Lebron may very well light it up in Game 7, but it wont matter, that team is absolutely awful

I may talk shir about other teams, but truth is I'm always worried about the other team winning. No way will I guarantee Cleveland can't win in Boston.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may talk shir about other teams, but truth is I'm always worried about the other team winning. No way will I guarantee Cleveland can't win in Boston.

There hasnt been a game in Boston yet in this series that wasnt over by Halftime, I just dont see anything changing, simply because the surrounding cast is not capable of helping enough...I dont expect dumpster fire players like Jordan Clarkson or JR Smith to be able all of a sudden learn how to play defense or drop 20

I actually think the Celtics can absolutely beat the Rockets, people talking like the winner of the West is the NBA champ, are underestimating the Celtics.....Golden State, different story

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time of the deadline, no one knew the Brooklyn pick was going to be #8. Most thought it would be #3 at least.

So in your scenario, if the Hornets thought they'd have a top 3 pick for Batum and Walker, maybe they'd make that trade.

If they knew it was going to be #8, they're not making that trade. And that hypothetical scenario of yours is very hopeful, not worst case.
Which was why we were all debating (I think you agreed at the time) that they should've used that pick as an asset and traded earlier in the season. Once the Nets started to win more games the value started to simultaneously drop & now, they're left with Green, Hill, Nance & Clarkson. Such is life. :D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and Irving were both multi time all stars. I think they had 5 combined all star games

Lonzo and Ingram have zero combined and after next year they will have zero combined and probably the year after that as well.

Love and Kyrie also both had 0 playoff experience.
Who cares if they were selected as all stars?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom.

He needs more enegy and youth because the old ass vets aren't getting it done vs the Celtics.
Hell, he needs youth because HE barely can muster up enough energy for long stretches of time like he used to. Father time is creeping in, it's just been masked because he's been healthy his entire career & thus hasn't hit him like a ton of bricks like it's done with other players in the past.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron also doesn't have as many options available to him this time around. Sure, the Cavs homer in you wants to say - "Ok, then he'll stay another year in Cleveland."

But right now, with how gassed him and his team look, Lebron knows his run with the Cavs doesn't have any long-term sustainable success going forward.

The pessimist/realist side goes - "Sure, X team has this potential player that Lebron doesn't want to have to babysit. But it's better than getting ran up and down the floor like his team is doing right now."

Fultz would likely be a bench player if Lebron goes to Philly. I think they're a viable candidate to land him.

Sure, Lebron has liked to surround himself with shooters as he's done in the past. But he's also learned along the way. He knows that he can't have an old unathletic tired team around him and be a realistic contender for a title - that was something he learned in 2014 when he left Miami. By that time, most of the core players were nearing retirement and Wade looked like a shell of his former self at the time. At least that's what you constantly brought up to @TurnUpTheHeat @bksballer89 and myself back in 2014. Looks like things are about to come full circle.
I would add that the formation of this GS team has made the bolded sentence above even more of a reality for him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and Irving were both multi time all stars. I think they had 5 combined all star games

Lonzo and Ingram have zero combined and after next year they will have zero combined and probably the year after that as well.

The AS game is a popularity contest.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was why we were all debating (I think you agreed at the time) that they should've used that pick as an asset and traded earlier in the season. Once the Nets started to win more games the value started to simultaneously drop & now, they're left with Green, Hill, Nance & Clarkson. Such is life. :D

I forget which side of the fence I was on. I might've been on the trade side of things given the perceptive value of the pick at the time as opposed to its actual value which lowered significantly. With Lebron, you're in win now mode. When he leaves, the Cavs have nothing. They mortgaged their future on that pick and it turns out it wasn't as high as they thought it'd be.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add that the formation of this GS team has made the bolded sentence above even more of a reality for him.

when KD joined up with the Dubs i'm fairly certain the first words that formed under LeClown's balding pate were "well, shit"...:heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, he needs youth because HE barely can muster up enough energy for long stretches of time like he used to. Father time is creeping in, it's just been masked because he's been healthy his entire career & thus hasn't hit him like a ton of bricks like it's done with other players in the past.

Father time is NOT creeping in, we hear it every year but this is the FIRST year since his first stint in Clevleland he has had no help. Playing 82 games, 40+ minutes and even more in the playoffs, shit almost everyone doesn’t have energy. It’s a very long season. He will be back next season, just as strong, I guarantee that, he just cant carry a huge load like he did all season. Not one player in the NBA, any age could have gotten to this point and not be tired with the minutes he has played, amazing bc he is 33. IF he can go to a young team and only have to play around 35 minutes, I can have these type of seasons for 3 or 4 more years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father time is NOT creeping in, we hear it every year but this is the FIRST year since his first stint in Clevleland he has had no help. Playing 82 games, 40+ minutes and even more in the playoffs, shit almost everyone doesn’t have energy. It’s a very long season. He will be back next season, just as strong, I guarantee that, he just cant carry a huge load like he did all season. Not one player in the NBA, any age could have gotten to this point and not be tired with the minutes he has played, amazing bc he is 33. IF he can go to a young team and only have to play around 35 minutes, I can have these type of seasons for 3 or 4 more years.

You might want to look at Lebron's Miami years. In Miami he was elite on both ends, in Cleveland, he's only been good on defense in short spurts.

Lebron's a great player and athlete. But whether you want to admit it or not, he's in a steady decline.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh, it is...

father time > LeClown...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and Kyrie also both had 0 playoff experience.
Who cares if they were selected as all stars?
its at least some indicator of talent level--- absolutely it is not perfeect--- but please try and comapre Love and Kyrie when LeBron went to Cleveland to ingram and ball. ill laugh my ass off.
how many more years do you think LeBron is the best player in the world?

After that, how many years is he still a top 10 or so player?

Id say he is still the best player in the world for 2 more years---- at that time he will be 35 when he is playing in the playoffs

after that- its hard for me to believe he will still be the best player alive.

but i could till see him being top 10 until he is playing in the playoffs at age 37.

who really knows? No one has ever done what LeBron is doing- he could roll on for the foreseeable future or omething could happen tomorrow. We are in unprecedented territory.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget which side of the fence I was on. I might've been on the trade side of things given the perceptive value of the pick at the time as opposed to its actual value which lowered significantly. With Lebron, you're in win now mode. When he leaves, the Cavs have nothing. They mortgaged their future on that pick and it turns out it wasn't as high as they thought it'd be.
have more than the heat, lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll go with you were on the common sense side - which is they should've used that pick in a trade early in the season. :D