• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time of the deadline, no one knew the Brooklyn pick was going to be #8. Most thought it would be #3 at least.

So in your scenario, if the Hornets thought they'd have a top 3 pick for Batum and Walker, maybe they'd make that trade.

If they knew it was going to be #8, they're not making that trade. And that hypothetical scenario of yours is very hopeful, not worst case.
dude they almost made that trade for the 28th pick. its about dumping Batum

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its LeBron its not me- i am judging it by what he has done his entire career and I cant imagine as he gets CLOSER AND CLOSESR to his decline that he will get MORE patient.

I mean - you guys act like this is my opinion- i am basing it on what I have seen from LeBrons 15 year career.

They wont trade Embiid or Simmons--- those guys are supreme talents that can help now and have already led their team to a playoff series win. Kyrie was a supremely talented young kid that had already made MULTIPLE all star teams. If Lonzo Ball made the all star last year and was kicking ass or Fultz was leading the league in assists and dominating--- sure- id say i think theyd have a solid chance of staying

but will LeBron wait for a guy like Fultz or Ingram or Ball- guys that have shown promise, but are far and away from ever guaranteeing all star appearances, to WAIT And see if they are good when they might be able to trade them for WIN-NOW help that has playoff experience and has PROVEN that they are high caliber talents?

I mean- its common sense.

Lebron also doesn't have as many options available to him this time around. Sure, the Cavs homer in you wants to say - "Ok, then he'll stay another year in Cleveland."

But right now, with how gassed him and his team look, Lebron knows his run with the Cavs doesn't have any long-term sustainable success going forward.

The pessimist/realist side goes - "Sure, X team has this potential player that Lebron doesn't want to have to babysit. But it's better than getting ran up and down the floor like his team is doing right now."

Fultz would likely be a bench player if Lebron goes to Philly. I think they're a viable candidate to land him.

Sure, Lebron has liked to surround himself with shooters as he's done in the past. But he's also learned along the way. He knows that he can't have an old unathletic tired team around him and be a realistic contender for a title - that was something he learned in 2014 when he left Miami. By that time, most of the core players were nearing retirement and Wade looked like a shell of his former self at the time. At least that's what you constantly brought up to @TurnUpTheHeat @bksballer89 and myself back in 2014. Looks like things are about to come full circle.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom.

He needs more enegy and youth because the old ass vets aren't getting it done vs the Celtics.
i didnt reccomend trading for the Cavs veterans like Hill and George--- all though Love might actually not be a bad option, lol....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he can improve--- his time frame just does not line up with LeBrons

Not necessarily true.

He definitely needs to improve his shooting, no matter what. But he has many other assets that make him a very desirable guy to play with.

Lebron would be taking over late in close games, so Lonzo wouldn't be handling the ball near as much in those situations.

and thats what i keep coming back too--- if Lonzo was a badass ready to go right now like Mitchell? SURE---

but hes not Mitchell- and theres no guarantee he will ever be Mitchell or close to it...is it possible? SURE---

Lonzo is never going to be Mitchell. Nor should he be. They are completely different types of players who are asked/needed to do different things for their teams.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said- you offer me Porter, YOung or Sexton ---- or Lonzo Ball thats an easy choice

Shooting has never been more important in this league and Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA last year. AS a guard, especially a guard that plays with LeBron James, it really really hamstrings your offense.

And it was his rookie season, something you fail to realize and acknowledge. Players do improve you know.....LOL.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was his rookie season, something you fail to realize and acknowledge. Players do improve you know.....LOL.

Lonzo surprised me at the midpoint of the year. He was looking like he was going to be a bust. He's a good defender and great distributor.

He just needs to work on his shooting and build his body up - that's expected of someone who's 19/20 though.

Lebron was nowhere near a good shooter when he went into the league. Now, he's one of the best jump shooters in the NBA.

As you've said, it's certainly possible to improve from your rookie year. You're not exactly a finished product.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope they can close it out in Cleveland, really don't want to see Lebron in game 7

I wouldnt worry, this series is over, I think happening in 6 is very possible, but if not, Cleveland isnt winning in Boston

Lebron may very well light it up in Game 7, but it wont matter, that team is absolutely awful

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotchya- you think lebron will be patient and wait for him to pimrve during the last 2 great years of his career- if that long.

I think LeBron is a FORCE and FREAK of nature---- and im saying hes still the best player in the game in 2 years - for when he is playing in the playoffs 2 years from now he will be 35.

After that it sure gets dicey

3-4 years from now do i think Lonzo could have developed a solid stroke and not be one of the worst shooters in the entire league? sure

do i think he will be ready to help Lebron James next year? GOD no.

Do I think if you asked LeBron--- hey LeBron- do you want to wait and see if Ball can improve his shot- or do you want to trade him for a guy with playoff experience that can help you win now?

I think the answer to that question is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY easy to figure out.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo surprised me at the midpoint of the year. He was looking like he was going to be a bust. He's a good defender and great distributor.

He just needs to work on his shooting and build his body up - that's expected of someone who's 19/20 though.

Lebron was nowhere near a good shooter when he went into the league. Now, he's one of the best jump shooters in the NBA.

As you've said, it's certainly possible to improve from your rookie year. You're not exactly a finished product.

Pretty good comment. James made 41% and 29% as a rookie. And he made 47% and 35% in his 2nd season. He actually worked on and improved his DG % numbers. Who would have thought?

Ball attempted a lot of outside shoits, he needs to build up his strenth and body and drive more. He is 6-6 after all.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2010, Lebron joined up with Wade and Bosh because both had experience, along with Wade who won a title before in a stable organization. In 2014, we thought Lebron wouldn't go back to Cleveland because they were kids and he didn't want to babysit. When the Love trade presented itself as a likely possibility, the narrative was that neither Love nor Irving had any playoff experience and that Lebron was in a worst situation than in Miami.

That was the narrative 4 years ago prior to him leaving. Sounds very similar to what's the topic in 2018.

Reactions: LAD

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotchya- you think lebron will be patient and wait for him to pimrve during the last 2 great years of his career- if that long.

I think LeBron is a FORCE and FREAK of nature---- and im saying hes still the best player in the game in 2 years - for when he is playing in the playoffs 2 years from now he will be 35.

After that it sure gets dicey

3-4 years from now do i think Lonzo could have developed a solid stroke and not be one of the worst shooters in the entire league? sure

do i think he will be ready to help Lebron James next year? GOD no.

Do I think if you asked LeBron--- hey LeBron- do you want to wait and see if Ball can improve his shot- or do you want to trade him for a guy with playoff experience that can help you win now?

I think the answer to that question is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY easy to figure out.

You just don't get it. He wouldn't sign with the Lakers by himself.....along with another max guy and a few vets for the bench.....

SMH.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2010, Lebron joined up with Wade and Bosh because both had experience, along with Wade who won a title before in a stable organization. In 2014, we thought Lebron wouldn't go back to Cleveland because they were kids and he didn't want to babysit. When the Love trade presented itself as a likely possibility, the narrative was that neither Love nor Irving had any playoff experience and that Lebron was in a worst situation than in Miami.

That was the narrative 4 years ago prior to him leaving. Sounds very similar to what's the topic in 2018.
Love and Irving were both multi time all stars. I think they had 5 combined all star games

Lonzo and Ingram have zero combined and after next year they will have zero combined and probably the year after that as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and Irving were both multi time all stars. I think they had 5 combined all star games

Lonzo and Ingram have zero combined and after next year they will have zero combined and probably the year after that as well.

This applies to the Philly situation as well, which I think he's more likely to go to. The point I was making is that you think Lebron won't do something because it's not in his nature. But he'll surprise you. I would not be shocked if the Lakers landed Lebron, I just don't think at this time it's the most likely destination.

Reactions: LAD