• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Maybe not valuable in a trade but getting Porter or Young is a pretty damn good pick at 8
like i said- you offer me Porter, YOung or Sexton ---- or Lonzo Ball thats an easy choice

Shooting has never been more important in this league and Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA last year. AS a guard, especially a guard that plays with LeBron James, it really really hamstrings your offense.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little info nugget.

Jordan's supporting cast in the 1998 Finals (Along with first defensive team at 35 years old mind you) : 56.4-PPG on 43%... against a (higher seeded) 60+ win Jazz team featuring two all-time great HOFERS, not a team of inexperienced kids playing withOut their two all-stars.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this weekend is gonna suck (on the + side I get a 4 day weekend). The Boulder Bolder (10k) race is on Memorial Day, which means 1/2 the city will be shutdown. I think last year 50,000+ people ran it. Gonna get all the necessary grilling items tomorrow for the holiday weekend though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even starting at UCLA, was he? I'd hate to see the Dubs sign him if only because we'd have listen to his loudmouth lout of a father all the time. We got enough of those around here.

He never actuallt played a game for them.....

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me why Lebron would be fatigued if only plays on one end of the court???

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little info nugget.

Jordan's supporting cast in the 1998 Finals (Along with first defensive team at 35 years old mind you) : 56.4-PPG on 43%... against a (higher seeded) 60+ win Jazz team featuring two all-time great HOFERS, not a team of inexperienced kids playing withOut their two all-stars.

Go away.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that there is no way Ingram or Ball would possibly go higher than 7 or 8 in this draft and its likely they could slide even farther than that.

That's ridiculous. This draft is not better than last year's draft or at least not so much that the No. 2 guy would barely break the Top 10.

You are falling in love with the hype.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see who is right in a couple short months.

I think they are dealt ASAP for guys that can help LeBron win at his peak which is probably for only 2 more seasons--- shit- maybe its more than that- what he is doing right now is unprecedented- but its hard for me to believe he would still be the best player in the league at 37 years old in the playoffs....shit at 36 its almost too much to comprehend.

As i said- i doubth e wants to spend the last 2 truly transcendent years baby sitting, but we shall see.

Why would he be babysitting? You seem to want to ignore the fact that he wouldn't be coming to the Lakers by himself. If he comes to the Lakers with PG and nothing else is done to the roster, he's in a better situation than he currently is in Cleveland.

The Lakers will also add a couple of solid vets who are looking for rings. Brooke Lopez has already said that he'd look at re-signing with the Lakers for less if he felt they could contend.

I just don't see where there would be a need to make wholesale roster changes.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because you don't understand basketball.

I understand enough to know LeQuit plays NO DEFENSE so there is no excuse to be fatigued.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're not making a heck of a lot of sense here.

I agree that Lebron is expecting a win now approach. But I fail to see why that means that his next team will be expected to jettison all their young assets. That makes literally no sense.

?
What don you understand that wheerever LeBron has gone he has wanted to win immediately and does not want to babysit 20 year olds? Not only that- but you win with LeBron by putting shooters around him and Ball is probably the worst shooting back court player in the entire NBA.

Id absolutely expect them to trade Ingram and Ball and Kuzma for win-now vets --- say they sign PG- their front court would still be atrocious. Their 3 pt shooting would still be atrocious. Theyd deal Ingram and attach a Deng in a SECOND for a guy like a McCollum or --- in a SECOND for a guy like a Marc Gasol.

LeBron has probably 2 more years of being super elite? Dont ya think? he will be 34 in December......you think he wants to wait for guys to hit their primes when LeBron is 36-37 years old? He will absolutely want guys currently in their primes to help him win titles.

Its why i think if he leaves that Houston is looking like the place that makes the most sense in an opt-in trade.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said- you offer me Porter, YOung or Sexton ---- or Lonzo Ball thats an easy choice

Shooting has never been more important in this league and Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA last year. AS a guard, especially a guard that plays with LeBron James, it really really hamstrings your offense.

Lonzo needs to spend the entire off season working on his jump shot & FT's. It's never good for a team to have a PG that's a liability on the court late in close games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he be babysitting? You seem to want to ignore the fact that he wouldn't be coming to the Lakers by himself. If he comes to the Lakers with PG and nothing else is done to the roster, he's in a better situation than he currently is in Cleveland.

The Lakers will also add a couple of solid vets who are looking for rings. Brooke Lopez has already said that he'd look at re-signing with the Lakers for less if he felt they could contend.

I just don't see where there would be a need to make wholesale roster changes.
if you are LeBron and have probably/amybe 2 more years as the best player in the league- and can choose between a 21 year old kid that has never won anything and never touched the playoffs and never come close to making an all star team- or you could have CJ McCollum what would you choose? or you could have Marc Gasol what would you choose? or Bradley Beale, or Kemba Walker or whoever else is out there and avaliable.

would you say--- hey- i can wait for these kids to get playoff experience, to come closer to their primes, to HOPE (with absolutely NO guarantee) they become all star talents sometime in the next 2-3 years?--- or would you want a guy that has been through battles, is an all star and can help you win now?

its common sense.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this weekend is gonna suck (on the + side I get a 4 day weekend). The Boulder Bolder (10k) race is on Memorial Day, which means 1/2 the city will be shutdown. I think last year 50,000+ people ran it. Gonna get all the necessary grilling items tomorrow for the holiday weekend though.

grillin' and holiday weed...

sounds like you're good to go, bud...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i KNOW that the Cavs could have AT LEAST had Kemba Walker and Nik Batum at the deadline if they dealt hte #8 pick.

Say they JUST do that....

PG- Kemba Walker
SG- Nik Batum
SF- LeBron James
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nance/Thompson

thats the WORST the Cavs could do this offseason with the 8th pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don you understand that wheerever LeBron has gone he has wanted to win immediately and does not want to babysit 20 year olds? Not only that- but you win with LeBron by putting shooters around him and Ball is probably the worst shooting back court player in the entire NBA.

Yeah I get that. But you aren't really explaining yourself.

I'll let Trojan respond to your Lakers stuff because I can't be bothered with that.

I want to hear why you think the Sixers would deal Fultz, Saric, and their No. 1 pick if Lebron comes to the team. What are they getting that they would feel the need to do that?

Repeating that he won't play with kids is all well and good but it is meaningless. Saric has 2 seasons under his belt and is 24. Fultz will likely be a 2nd team player next for the Sixers, especially if they get Lebron. The rookie is a rookie.

The Sixers may wind up making some deals to free up cap space but they aren't dealing their top assets just to deal them. That makes no sense.