• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol If Lonzo were traded to Cleveland...we'd he hearing all about his vision, pace, passing ability and how easy it will be to fix his shot.
The kid has a dad with an ego the size of the Grand Canyon - so that crap is going to continue to go down like that anyway:lol:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol If Lonzo were traded to Cleveland...we'd he hearing all about his vision, pace, passing ability and how easy it will be to fix his shot.
I hear his brother now has a tryout with the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid has a dad with an ego the size of the Grand Canyon - so that crap is going to continue to go down like that anyway:lol:
could you even imagine the platform that LeBron and the winning he would bring with it would give LaVar? lol...i shudder to think...it would be equal parts hilarious and pathetic.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, that was sarcasm......
Yu and your saracsm. Isn't there a saying about the use of sarcasm something like it is "for the weak of mind or thought".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a more "productive player" next year? is that what you are saying?

if LeBron is on either team- either with the Cavs or the Lakers he wont be playing with any of the 8th pick, Ball or Ingram anyway ina ll likelihood.

I disagree on Ball and Ingram. We know Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers without another max guy. That makes moving young players a little less necessary.

I think that whether or not he wanted them traded, would depend on what vet role players they could get. Lebron isn't stupid, he sees the vet players he has from doing what he's always done and it's not working.

He sees the younger Celtics playing faster, with more energy and up 3-2 despite missing their 2 best players.

If he goes to the Lakers, unless they are trading for Kawhi, I don't see them moving both Ball and Ingram. Maybe one and if they did, it would most likely be Ball.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted the Celtics would win in 7 before the series started.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's still a longshot to make the NBA....
He wasn't even starting at UCLA, was he? I'd hate to see the Dubs sign him if only because we'd have listen to his loudmouth lout of a father all the time. We got enough of those around here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear his brother now has a tryout with the Warriors.

Yeah, there are about 5 teams giving him a workout. Nothing but teams practicing due diligence. Probably want to see if there's enough talent to sign him to a 2 way and try to develop him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Ball and Ingram. We know Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers without another max guy. That makes moving young players a little less necessary.

I think that whether or not he wanted them traded, would depend on what vet role players they could get. Lebron isn't stupid, he sees the vet players he has from doing what he's always done and it's not working.

He sees the younger Celtics playing faster, with more energy and up 3-2 despite missing their 2 best players.

If he goes to the Lakers, unless they are trading for Kawhi, I don't see them moving both Ball and Ingram. Maybe one and if they did, it would most likely be Ball.
we will see who is right in a couple short months.

I think they are dealt ASAP for guys that can help LeBron win at his peak which is probably for only 2 more seasons--- shit- maybe its more than that- what he is doing right now is unprecedented- but its hard for me to believe he would still be the best player in the league at 37 years old in the playoffs....shit at 36 its almost too much to comprehend.

As i said- i doubth e wants to spend the last 2 truly transcendent years baby sitting, but we shall see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron left tomorrow the Cavs would be MUCH better off than the Heat. I wouldnt trade the 8th pick in this draft for any 2 heat players. No team is worse off than the Heat in a quest to get a franchise player--- when you have zero cap space and the least draft capital in the league because your GM didnt want to rebuild since hes in his 70's and you end up with a bunch of mediocre expensive players you are pretty much screwed.

I think you’ve posted this already 50+ times, nobody gives a fuck.

To the point though, I replied to your comment in regard to the mystery 8 pick vs the 2 Lakers you named.

Why not reply to THAT vs worrying about the Heat?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 and 4: Lebron GOAT GOAT GOAT
Game 1, 2, 5: 'Lebron needs moooooo halppp!"""

:L Lets talk about the fact he quit on his team again last night. Refused to shoot for stretches... Or completely REFUSED to play any D.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are about 5 teams giving him a workout. Nothing but teams practicing due diligence. Probably want to see if there's enough talent to sign him to a 2 way and try to develop him.
The baggage his dad brings is probably a no go for some teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat wouldn't trade 2 players for Cleveland's #8 pick. The pick just isn't that good.

I disagree. Maybe not valuable in a trade but getting Porter or Young is a pretty damn good pick at 8

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’ve posted this already 50+ times, nobody gives a fuck.

To the point though, I replied to your comment in regard to the mystery 8 pick vs the 2 Lakers you named.

Why not reply to THAT vs worrying about the Heat?
i did-

I told you id rather have any of the options that will most likely be avaliable at 8-- whether its Young or Sexton or Porter- or someone like a Bamba falls like Winslow did the Heat- than Ingram or Ball.

and that there is no way Ingram or Ball would possibly go higher than 7 or 8 in this draft and its likely they could slide even farther than that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think wherever lebron has been he has played with a "win now" team. Instead of having Wiggins hang around he was traded very quickly.

Something tells me that aging 4-5 years has not made him MORE patient. Id expect that if he went to Philly that Fultz, and Saric and the Lakers pick that the Sixers own would be dealt very quickly as well.

LeBron will be 34 in December. Realistically he probably has 2 more years as the best, or close to the best, player in the league. After that he should still be top 10, or close to it for another couple years.--- although, once you get passed 35 nothing is guaranteed.

I dont think he is going to spend the last 2 transcendent years of his career baby sitting guys that can barely, or cant even, legally drink.

But you're not making a heck of a lot of sense here.

I agree that Lebron is expecting a win now approach. But I fail to see why that means that his next team will be expected to jettison all their young assets. That makes literally no sense.

The only way he's going to the Lakers is if they can figure out a way to get PG as well without decimating the team. The Lakers aren't going to trade Ball or Ingram because there is no reason to trade them. They aren't going to get anyone worth trading.
The only reason why he would go to Philly is because the team is ALREADY a win now team that is missing one piece. Why are the going to nuload Fultz, Saric, and their draft pick? To get what? Sure, if Kawhi winds up being available the Sixers will make that trade. Because a team of Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Kawhi Leonard, and Lebron James would be LOL funny. But short of that, why in the world would the Sixers trade those pieces? To get what?