• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take the 8th pick in this draft over Ball or Ingram in a second.

I can understand why you wouldn't want Papa Ball's boy. Pump those breaks on Ingram though. He's a 20 years old kid that hasn't even learned the NBA game yet. But he averaged 16.1, 5.3 & 3.9 this year while shooting 47% from the field & nearly 40% from downtown. And what the fuck is going on? Didn't I just say something nice about the Lakers yesterday or the day before? Dammit I gotta stop doing that.:doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but you think the Cavs can win the title if Clarkson, Nance and Hill had just been with the team longer, so there's that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly have any good hair replacement centers?

Nope. At least none under contract.

They do have a draft and stash kid that they were really high on. But those are usually lottery tickets.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I will say the 8th pick in THIS draft is still very very valuable. A very deep draft.

I disagree.

But let's say you're right.

Do you honestly think that the 8 the pick by itself or the 8th pick with a couple of bad contracts is getting you a star?

What if the pair it with Love? Who are you getting that's going to be enough to get the Cavs past the Sixers/Celtics, let alone the Warriors/Rockets?

It's one thing to say they can trade for a star. It's another to have a way to do it that makes sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

But let's say you're right.

Do you honestly think that the 8 the pick by itself or the 8th pick with a couple of bad contracts is getting you a star?

What if the pair it with Love? Who are you getting that's going to be enough to get the Cavs past the Sixers/Celtics, let alone the Warriors/Rockets?

It's one thing to say they can trade for a star. It's another to have a way to do it that makes sense.

I never said it would be enough for a star; however, if they were to get Porter or Young with the pick, one of those guys could be a legit star or at least all-star. Love and the draft pick could get the most but it doesn’t make them any better unless they got Kawhi or something—-a top 5 to 10 player, which isn’t realistic.
The 8th pick and a couple bad contracts could get them an All-Star, maybe Mccollum? Is that enough to beat those other teams, probably not. The reason why I think he leaves.

IF he leaves. Keep the draft pick, maybe even trade up, if you can, and draft a guy you can build around. Trade away the most shit contracts you can and maybe even trade KLove.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why you wouldn't want Papa Ball's boy. Pump those breaks on Ingram though. He's a 20 years old kid that hasn't even learned the NBA game yet. But he averaged 16.1, 5.3 & 3.9 this year while shooting 47% from the field & nearly 40% from downtown. And what the fuck is going on? Didn't I just say something nice about the Lakers yesterday or the day before? Dammit I gotta stop doing that.:doh:

Even Papa Ball's boy. The guy was 2nd team all rookie, averaged 10,7 and 7 and was one of the best in the league at setting the pace.

He certainly didn't live up to all the hype that his Dad drummed up. He'd have had to have been better than Magic in his rookie year to top that. But outside of his shooting (which is fixable), he wasn't as bad as people try to portray and defensively, he was much better than advertised.

Outside of his shooting, I really have no complaints about him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron goes to LA all those young guys will be shipped outta town on the first thing smoking anyway so its rather irrelevant to be honest----- but if he wasnt- hes a terrible fit with LeBron anyway.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you think the Cavs can win the title if Clarkson, Nance and Hill had just been with the team longer, so there's that.

Ball is a triple double waiting to happen.....he's basing that off 1 year where he didn't do very well offensively......and of course he can't improve......LOL.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its been cordial here today, which I prefer, but this is just ‘hate’ talking or trolling.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly who are the Cavs going to get in a sign and trade? They have Kevin Love, the 8th pick and some bad contracts.

The 8th pick isn't bad, but it's not getting you a star, even if it's paired with Love. And if it is paired with Love, the Cavs are in essentially the same situation they are now...not having enough to get out of the East vs. a healthy Sixers and Celtics, let alone enough to beat the Warriors or Rockets.

If and when James walks.....it's a total rebuild.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it would be enough for a star; however, if they were to get Porter or Young with the pick, one of those guys could be a legit star or at least all-star. Love and the draft pick could get the most but it doesn’t make them any better unless they got Kawhi or something—-a top 5 to 10 player, which isn’t realistic.

With Porter or Young, he's in the same position that people use to claim that he won't go to the Lakers...having to wait for youngsters to develop.

Even with Kawhi, I doubt he and Lebron are enough to get them past what the Sixers and Celtics have. That would definitely get them closer, but I don't think it would be enough.

Having said that, it may very well be enough to get Lebron to stay which is the most important part of the whole thing.

IF he leaves. Keep the draft pick, maybe even trade up, if you can, and draft a guy you can build around. Trade away the most shit contracts you can and maybe even trade KLove.

Yeah, obviously the Cavs must and will do everything they can to get Lebron to stay.
But their best option long term, imo, may be to lose Lebron, trade Love for picks and expiring contracts and use the 8th pick which probably isn't getting them a franchise guy, but could get them a very good role player or maybe a #2 type guy.

Then spend next season getting their heads kicked in to get an even better lottery pick and then unloading some of those bad contracts as expiring deals.

They could be pretty well rebuilt and ready to go in about 3 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and when James walks.....it's a total rebuild.

Well of course, build around that draft pick. You try to ship as many bad contracts as you can or when you can. Trade Love before his value goes down. Try and gain more draft picks. There is only so much they can do with this damn roster though

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the Cavs is that they really don't have a lot of options if Lebron comes back. They are WAY OVER the cap. Even if they don't resign Lebron they are still over the cap. But if they do keep Lebron then they basically have nothing they can do unless they can unload a LOT of money.

Realistically speaking the only reinforcements this team can expect next year is the #8 pick and maybe and mid-level exception signing.

They are going to flip the #8 pick, Love, Hill, and a couple future 2nd rounders for 2 AS caliber players.....

Duh.